Postcards please!

Neilius

I love postcards. It's a bit of an obsession with me. I send out about 20 per month, all over the world. And receive some beautiful cards in return. (You can see some of them via the "Postcards" link in my sig).

I'd love to receive more postcards from people on cruises. Either postcards of their ship, or their ports of call. Lots of times when you post the card onboard the ship, they even use a special ships postmark on the stamp.

Any cruise related postcards that I receive, I'll publish on the ShipWatcher blog. If you'd like to send a postcard that the whole world can see, please send it to me, and I'll scan it in and publish it.

You can get the mailing address by clicking here.

Wilco Nellius, message received and understood, have to wait until next June/July though!

PS: Glad you like my signature - Travel First Class or your heirs will.

Adventure before dementia.

I plead guilty to stealing them from somebody else, not my work or copyright!

I will try and remember when on the mariner..I gave up sending cards quite a few years ago but as this is a good cause.....

Do you only want cruise ones or will one from mickey mouse do too?:D

I'll take any postcards :)

Any cruise or port-related cards will go on the ShipWatcher blog. Anything else, including Mickey Mouse will go on the general Postcard blog.

Neil,

Minxy and I will send you some while we are away, and I will even send you one from Hideaway Island and the underwater post office:p.....will send Andy down cos I dont duck dive well with snorkel gear:eek:

Also send some from our Vietnam trip, we have about 6 destinations......whoohoo

Chez

xx

This is great :) Thanks so much.

BTW I have ordered a swag of custom made postcards of QE2. So if you put a return address on any postcards you send me, you'll get a QE2 postcard in return. And best of all, it'll be a postcard you won't be able to get in the shops!

I'd love to help the cause Neil! I love Chez's idea of posting one from the underwater post box in Vila :) Andy's gonna be a busy boy in Vila, posting letters and flying in helicopters :p

Will see what unusual and exotic postcards I can find for you on the P Sun next weekend, as well as our ports of call - Sydney & Melbourne! :)

Neil can i scan mine and send to you via email......cheers shiona

That's ok. just send it to mail[at]neilennis[dot]com.

But for every real postcard received I'll send out a real one in reply. I've had some QE2 postcards custom made for that purpose.

Neil, if we'd known in September we'd have sent you cards from Tin Can Island and Amedee Island....

Of course, we're still waiting for the card from Tin Can Island to arrive!!

Hi Kim,

I had read that when you passed Tin Can Island you were able to post postcards. No such luck on the Sun Princess. We went reasonably close to the island and the captain gave an explanation, but nothing more. The ship was running a bit late at the time, but if they had planned to have passengers post cards, it would have been announced ahead of time so people could prepare postcards.

We were 7 hours late leaving Apia because they could not bring in one of the tenders. When they could not fix the fault, the captain decided to sail with the tender hanging out the side of the ship. It had been winched up on its davits and lashed securely in place. We have interesting photos of the ship sailing at full speed with the lift-boat hanging over the side like the wing of a wounded bird.:):)

Evon.

Hi Evon,

We were on the same cruise as Kym and Martin, and P&O had large tin cans at the pursers desk to put your postcards in from the start of the cruise, and the whole dropping off of the tin cans was built up to be a big thing. Was great to watch...and funny as well.:D

Like Kym said though, we ware still waiting for our postcards to arrive!!!!!:eek:

Hi Kim,

I had read that when you passed Tin Can Island you were able to post postcards. No such luck on the Sun Princess. We went reasonably close to the island and the captain gave an explanation, but nothing more. The ship was running a bit late at the time, but if they had planned to have passengers post cards, it would have been announced ahead of time so people could prepare postcards.Evon.

We had a similar experience on Aurora when we sailed SF to AK. Were not told about it till very late,had only enough time to do 1 card and hand it in. Mail was put into a sealed container and thrown over the side and a boat came out from the Island, ( a very long way) and collected the cannister. Bit disappointing though ,as when it eventually arrived the postmark was Apia.

The locals jumped out of the little boat and swam to retrieve it.The ship slowed down and waited a short while to make sure they returned to shore safely, as the waters are shark infested.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived