LIVE FROM SOLSTICE INAUGURAL - Nov. 23 - From Your Cruise Critic Hosts

Host Anne

Host Anne Et Al,

I do hope that you have a fantastic time on Soltice, I am sure you will, please not too much work it is your holiday after all.

Please if you have a minute drop into the spa area and give us your thoughts also ask the men folk to have a look around the gents area. Keen to know if they have a sauna in the changing rooms. Realise that the Persian Garden is for Aqua Class.

Have emailed Celebrity and they are not giving out much info. First hand is always better.

Many thanks again and calm seas.

Rex

Hi Kevin, glad you're posting.

Anne, I went back to the deck plans on the Celebrity site -- duh!! It does show that the trundles are only in specific cabins, and that they are alternating as I thought. So, the only thing to varify is that the trundle rooms all have the bed next to the bathroom. I don't know why it is an issue with some people, but it is. If the trundle were next to the bathroom and the bed next to the slider, it would be impossible to get to the bathroom when the trundle was out. :rolleyes:

I will check out the trundle info ... I can tell you our cabin last weekend had the bed at the door and our couch did NOT have the trundle. So I will check it out and confirm.

Now at the port, luggage has been dropped off and my Andy (not Host Andy) and Host Joe are returning rental cars to the airport. We'll head into the terminal when they arrive. There are a handful of folks here alreadybut they are not allowing anyone into the terminal building yet. But we're close!!!!!

Carol ~ I'll have the crab appetiser for you and Andy (my Andy) will have one for Mike! :)

We will be sailing in April and will be driving from Orlando as we will be in Disney for a few days pre cruise. We will have a rental car to return to the airport too. How are they getting back to the pier from dropping the car off. Out of this whole cruise planning that is the one thing I am having the hardest time working out.

Thanks and have a great trip.

Marti

Thank you for taking and posting those fantastic photos! A great shot of the storage in the accessible cabin bathroom (I'm assuming it will be the same in our balcony cabin as the inside)...I can see that I won't need the over-the-door shoe pocket thing....one less thing to pack....

The photos and menus of all the specialty restaurants are great...all the photos you shared will be really helpful in shortening the learning curve for my father-in-law and his grandsons on their cruise in January, and our B2B in Feb.

Much appreciated!

I wish I could take credit for those photos, but alas, they are a gift from a generous CC'er posting as MVPinBoynton. Oh I'll be taking plenty of pix when I'm aboard Solsitce in 2 weeks, but I can only dream that my photos will be anywhere as good as Mikes'.

I will check out the trundle info ... I can tell you our cabin last weekend had the bed at the door and our couch did NOT have the trundle. So I will check it out and confirm.

Now at the port, luggage has been dropped off and my Andy (not Host Andy) and Host Joe are returning rental cars to the airport. We'll head into the terminal when they arrive. There are a handful of folks here alreadybut they are not allowing anyone into the terminal building yet. But we're close!!!!!

Carol ~ I'll have the crab appetiser for you and Andy (my Andy) will have one for Mike! :)

Anne, thanks for mentioning about the terminal being closed; please let us know what time they allow access. My flight arrives in 2 weeks at 9:30, and I guess I'd rather kill time on a bench at the airport, rather than standing outside the terminal.

In our seventh deck veranda cabin, the leather sofa was by the sliding door, meaning the right arm of the sofa was beside the door. The sofa is up against the wall and perpendicular to the door and faces the desk and wall-mounted TV.. The double bed was beside the closet. The sofa did have the trundle bed feature. (I hope I made that clear. It does sound a liitle convoluted.:o)

Car rental place (lots of names in one building) has a bus to the various piers. Also can rent cars the same way after the cruise.

Have a great time guys and take care of her for us. We follow next Sunday. Interested in the time they open the terminal and the time they let you on.

Bobbie

Anne,

I was wondering if you may be able to post the main entrees each night in the main dining room. I assume the menus will be a bit different on the 7 night cruises than they were on the 2 nights. My DH wants to know which nights will be the best for us to go to the speciality restaurants. He doesn't want to miss out on anything really good in the dining room. Thanks.

We sailaway in just under an hour. Muster is at 4:00 PM. It's been a lovely start to the cruise. Great lunch at the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) and spent a couple of hours wandering with Host Joe, Kirk, Bev (Kirk's Mom) and Doug (Stepdad). What an awesome ship. We were on the ship by 11:15 AM.

Have to run to muster but we will be back.

Carol, I was under the assumption that the open trundle bed in Mike's photos was in your cabin. It was by the balcony door. My questiion is where are you expected to put the little oval coffee table when you open the bed.

I made a mistake when I put it as in our room. The trundle bed and pull down that are pictured in the review are in cabin 7317. We saw so many cabins, and Mike took so many pics that it's hard to keep it sorted out. :eek: As for the little coffee table, the oval shape allows it to fit between the arm of the couch and the sliding glass door.

I wish there was a webcam to watch the sail away.

Try this website for a webcam of the sailing.

You have to have JAVA installed, and if it does not work go into your "Tools" menu, "Internet Options", "Programs", "Manage Add Ons" and make sure that the JAVA Platform binary is enabled.

Hypo

Archived