LIVE FROM SOLSTICE INAUGURAL - Nov. 23 - From Your Cruise Critic Hosts

Host Anne

OK ~ we aren't live yet but I am on my way to Ft. Lauderdale. It's a perfect day here in South Florida. Sunny and 75 at the moment with a slight breeze. Just about 30 minutes from our arrival at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. I'm already looking forward to getting close enough to see what ships are in Port Everglades today.

Host Andy, Host Joe and I are all sailing on the inaugural voyage of Solstice. We will do our best to check in here and share the excitement as Solstice does her first 7-day voyage.

As I was fortunate enough to sail on last weekend's Naming Ceremony cruise (thanks to Celebrity and the Captain's Club), I know we are going to enjoy every moment on this inaugural sailing. Two days just built the excitement to boarding tomorrow. I know many that are sailing just after us are equally excited. I can tell you that the crew on board is fantastic (only saw one or two service issues last week -- the Cafe al Bacio coffee bar was a bit chaotic) and the ship itself is stunning. She definitely feels a step above all the other Celebrity ships and I loved each of them.

Solstice docks at pier 18 in Port Everglades and if you are driving and arrive early enough, you can park in the surface lot adjacent to the ship. We parked here last year for our Constellation cruise and last weekend for the pre-inaugural. We plan to park there tomorrow as well. This lot is $15 per day. We plan to arrive tomorrow morning around 11:00 AM but I will be up early to walk to the causeway and take some photos of her (I don't think I'll be up early enough to see her pull in, though).

So stop by periodically and we'll update you as best we can.

Wish you were all sailing with us!

Hi Everyone !

I'm very excited to be joining Host Anne & Host Joe, My Family, and our many Cruise Critic friends on this sailing.

As I was onboard Solstice's Naming sailing last weekend (Thanks again to Celebrity and Captains Club), it just made the excitement for this week's cruise much greater, as I have had a taste of Solstice, and look forward to truly getting to know Solstice this week. I am confident we will have a great Cruise !

Anne : We have a number of ships joining us in Port Everglades tomorrow. The most notable other than Solstice, is Independence of the Seas, which just arrived from Europe for her maiden Caribbean season. Other ships in Port tomorrow are : Crown Princess, Westerdam, and Prinsendam. Solstice will be docked at her usual home, Pier 18.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts, along with Host Anne & Host Joe !

I hope you all have a wonderful time as I'm sure you will. We all enjoy your reports but it's time for you to all have a vacation. You gave us all a wonderful peek at Solstice during your preview cruise and we really appreciate it.:D Relax and enjoy!!!

Anne, I know you are on this cruise to enjoy yourself and do the usual cruise things, but if you could check to see if the Solstice deck has elevators to it I would be very grateful. Also any information on CC cabin 1028 regarding wheelchair accessibility. Celebrity doesn't know about the elevators. Strange.

thank you, Dan

Greetings from Ft. Lauderdale....just passed Port Everglades and there are four ships in port....but we didn't get close enough to see names -- I can just tell they are RCI, Princess, HAL and Carnival. Thanks for the update on tomorrow, Andy. Our next two ships are Independence and Crown Princess so it will be fun to see them all in port together !!!!

Dan ~ I'll be happy to check on the Solstice deck for you. We went up there (it's lovely) but we walked the stairs (we normally take the stairs almost everywhere).

Ma Bell ~ I promise to relax and have a fantastic time. Writing about it is one of my favorite things (and part of the relaxation). I love to share the info.

FYI...A1A is under serious construction and traffic going north from the port is slow. Allow some extra time :)

Time to check in!!!!

I'll join in and say that we're headed out tomorrow morning at around 9, which should put us at the pier at around 11. Just a straight shot across Alligator Alley and we're there! I can't tell you how excited we are to be part of history. We'll check in when we get back...

...if they can drag me off the ship!

Hi Anne,

All the reporting you have done has been so great, I look forward to hearing from you either from the ship or when you return. Bon Voyage to you and your husband.

Bob and I plan to be down at the inlet (at the rocks) tomorrow afternoon (Port side) to wave by 4:00 to watch Solstice and the others ships leave port.

Hopefully the winds out of the East will turn so you all have a smooth sail out of the turning basin.

Andy, have a great time and hopefully you will have a rest from all the work and clients you' ve have over the last couple of months.

Enjoy and tell Simon hi from Bob and Carol and we'll see him the week of 12/7.

In the "M" class ships, the Accessible cabins have little or no storage space for toiletries in the bathroom, and I bring an over-the-door shoe pocket caddy to hold toiletries. Have they allowed for any storage in these cabins on Solstice?

If you get a chance to have a look and report back, it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Cruising to the hosts with the most! Your info is so helpful. If you get a chance, could you go to the penthouse deck and see what exactly is in the front of that deck? It's called the "relaxation room"? If you can get any info on the dining situation for AQ Blu (assigned seating,times)that would clear up a lot of our concerns as well. Wish I was there!

We'll all be watching for reports but I agree with Ma Bell, relax and have a wonderful time. We appreciate the wonderful reports and answers to questions you've been giving us.:D:D:D

I hope you have calm seas and warm days.

Garry

Bon Voyage!!!

I am sitting here green with envy! I hope you have a fabulous cruise!!! I wish I could go with you all:D

Have a great time and we look forward to your live reports... like a bunch of crack starved junkies, waiting for their fix. Yep, that's what we will all be.

Make sure you keep an eye out for anyone that is not being nice to our ship!:D

In the "M" class ships, the Accessible cabins have little or no storage space for toiletries in the bathroom, and I bring an over-the-door shoe pocket caddy to hold toiletries. Have they allowed for any storage in these cabins on Solstice?

If you get a chance to have a look and report back, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tons of storage. Check out Mike's photos. http://www.thepreismans.com

Hi Everyone !

I wanted to say thank you for your best wishes. I'm so excited, and I look forward to seeing Solstice, and much of my Family whom I havent seen in several months. I am sure we will have a wonderful Cruise. Thanks again !

Archived