LIVE FROM SOLSTICE INAUGURAL - Nov. 23 - From Your Cruise Critic Hosts

Host Anne

Can you purchase a scale model of the Solstice on board ship?

Hi Cruise47 !

I didnt see them in the Gift Shop last weekend, but I believe Celebrity will have them. I will try to check it out for you when I am onboard.

Hello everyone ~ we are all settled in for the night. Had a great day in Ft. Lauderdale. Nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory on Las Olas. Our typical pre-cruise dinner at Il Mulino on Sunrise and now just awaiting the arrival of Solstice in the morning. The front desk here at the Hyatt kindly gave us a room that overlooks the intercoastal so when we get up we'll be looking directly at Solstice!!!!!!!!! Our ship wil have come in. :D

Signman (I think it was you that asked), you are correct...the serious construction was on 1 not A1A (my apologies). Don't want to give out wrong info. It was slow but it wasn't horrible. Took an extra ten minutes or so. Thanks for asking.

Garry ~ I promise to relax. I think this may be the most relaxing and enjoyable cruise ever! Really, I mean that. And it's so much fun because there is so much excitement. Sharing with everyone is part of the fun.

Jo and Tom ~ right back at cha!

Stolin ~ we'll do our best....

Time for sleep....tomorrow is the day!!!!!

jajo ~ signman is correct. Cabin 8233 is not obstructed. It's well above the life boats and in front of the cabins that have some tinted veranda glass that are a part of the "X". But even then, the verandas that have some of the "X" glass is tinted so you can still see through it. But cabin 8233 isn't near those cabins.

It's OFFICIAL ~ our ship has come in!!!! Solstice has been docked since a little after 5:00 AM this morning. She was in port well ahead of Crown Princess and Independence of the Seas which just arrived. It's such a pretty site to walk out onto a balcony and see so many ships (Westerdam is here as well). I hope everyone hurries and disembarks so we can begin boarding. We're heading to the port in a couple of hours. Already snapped a couple of photos. We're ready to go!

Thank you for taking and posting those fantastic photos! A great shot of the storage in the accessible cabin bathroom (I'm assuming it will be the same in our balcony cabin as the inside)...I can see that I won't need the over-the-door shoe pocket thing....one less thing to pack....

The photos and menus of all the specialty restaurants are great...all the photos you shared will be really helpful in shortening the learning curve for my father-in-law and his grandsons on their cruise in January, and our B2B in Feb.

Much appreciated!

Hi Anne,

Wish we could join you again. Have a wonderful cruise.

Do please get a good photo of the aft from the ground, so that everyone can see that there is a wider veranda on each deck. I was on the veranda of our aft balcony #1206 and got photos looking up and down; but it would be easier for everyone to see from an off ship shot. I also measured it and it is about 11 ft. wide compared to the normal 8.5 ft. And no I won't swam my cabin with yours in March. :D

Thank you for taking and posting those fantastic photos! A great shot of the storage in the accessible cabin bathroom (I'm assuming it will be the same in our balcony cabin as the inside)...I can see that I won't need the over-the-door shoe pocket thing....one less thing to pack....

The photos and menus of all the specialty restaurants are great...all the photos you shared will be really helpful in shortening the learning curve for my father-in-law and his grandsons on their cruise in January, and our B2B in Feb.

Much appreciated!

The closet in this room was also much wider than in the standard veranda cabins. I was very impressed with this cabin class. Have a great cruise.

Celebrity, congratulations for your new ship!

a lot of success and smooth sailing.

For the passangers awesome journey.

HOST ANNE, Thank you very much for YOUR updates!!!!!!!

Have exelent time on board!!!!!!

It's OFFICIAL ~ our ship has come in!!!! Solstice has been docked since a little after 5:00 AM this morning. She was in port well ahead of Crown Princess and Independence of the Seas which just arrived. It's such a pretty site to walk out onto a balcony and see so many ships (Westerdam is here as well). I hope everyone hurries and disembarks so we can begin boarding. We're heading to the port in a couple of hours. Already snapped a couple of photos. We're ready to go!

Hi Anne !

Thanks for the morning update. We will be headed to Port Everglades shortly. Im looking forward to seeing you and your DH, as well as Host Joe, and our Cruise Critic Friends. If we can just get a little more sunshine, we are all set :)

I hope to be sending some updates, as soon as I have my laptop set up. It will probably be later tonight or tomorrow. Have a great Sunday !

Took a walk to the 17th St bridge and got some photos of all the ships. I love looking at them. Time to head over to the ship. It's pretty sunny down here so I think Host Andy will be pleasantly surprised when he gets to the port. We'll be back later!

Great Sunday to all...

Andy,

I think almost everything is incredible about Sosltice. Have a great time and experience everything so you can tell us all about it.

Hi Mike !

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I will be sure to do just that !

Anne,

Please try to get a definitive answer to the trundle bed / pullman issue. I have tried on a couple of threads to describe how I "think" it is; but I guess I'm not making myself clear. Here's the issue:

We know that the bed placement in the cabins alternate due to the "bay" feature. Do all of the cabins have the trundle couch or are the trundles only in the cabins with the bed next to the bathroom? Thanks. :)

I will check out the trundle info ... I can tell you our cabin last weekend had the bed at the door and our couch did NOT have the trundle. So I will check it out and confirm.

Now at the port, luggage has been dropped off and my Andy (not Host Andy) and Host Joe are returning rental cars to the airport. We'll head into the terminal when they arrive. There are a handful of folks here alreadybut they are not allowing anyone into the terminal building yet. But we're close!!!!!

Carol ~ I'll have the crab appetiser for you and Andy (my Andy) will have one for Mike! :)

Archived