Is this a good seat selection

mafiadon

My husband and I just booked our flight to Rome on Air Transat airbus 310 . We have club class seats 1A & 1B which is a bulkhead seat, is that bad or is this good. My TA said I can change the seats if I would like, but I don't know what to do. HELP! Linda

My husband and I just booked our flight to Rome on Air Transat airbus 310 . We have club class seats 1A & 1B which is a bulkhead seat, is that bad or is this good. My TA said I can change the seats if I would like, but I don't know what to do. HELP! Linda

If it was me, I would get row 2 instead. This would allows you to store items under the seat in front on take off and landing as well as likely having more leg room than the bulk head. While you are in "club class" it still may be that the bulkhead comes into play when you want to stretch out - especially if you are tall.

BTW - as listed above, Air Transat is on Seat Guru

Seat Guru site has Air Transat 310 Airbus 1A,B as standard Club Class same as all other Club Class seats. Probably not enough reviews to distinguish although some economy class seats are classified. Probably OK

Link to seatguru for you:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Transat/Air_Transat_Airbus_A310-300.php

Appears that there is pretty much no difference in the F seats. I like the bulkhead seats because, although there is no underseat storage in front of you, no one is reclining into your face either. It's just what you like.

Just curious, as I know nothing about Air Transat.

How much more expensive are these "club" class seats than the coach seats???

The seats appear to be only slightly larger than AA's 757/737 first class seats. And according to the description, they don't recline much. I know I have a very hard time sleeping in a AA 757 first class seat, especially on a long haul (took a 757 to Shannon a couple of times).

If the price is comparable to United and BA Premium Economy, it may be an additional option for my employees when they fly to Europe.

Just curious.

Just curious, as I know nothing about Air Transat.

How much more expensive are these "club" class seats than the coach seats???

The seats appear to be only slightly larger than AA's 757/737 first class seats. And according to the description, they don't recline much. I know I have a very hard time sleeping in a AA 757 first class seat, especially on a long haul (took a 757 to Shannon a couple of times).

If the price is comparable to United and BA Premium Economy, it may be an additional option for my employees when they fly to Europe.

Just curious.

The standard pitch for 'Club Class' is listed as 47" which is almost 10" more than AA 757/737 and most other domestic F products. It seems it is comparable to the J seats on AA's 767-200s.

The only person I know who flew Air Transat in Club Class said it was a really crap product but the same price as BA Economy when he booked so it was an easy choice.

Forgive my ignorance but what does "pitch" mean? I am assuming it has to do with leg room?

This is from the website SeatGuru:

"

SEAT PITCH

This is the distance between a row of seats - the measurement from the same position on two seats, one behind the other - it is NOT the legroom area as some believe. (For example, the back face of the seat in front of you, measured to the same point on the back face of the seat you are sitting in).

We paid $600 a piece for the club class but you get a lot more then economy. We did it mostly because it is a night flight and we wanted to be able to sleep more comfortable. You don't have to get club class both ways if you don't want to. We paid $1260 american dollars per person which is a lot cheaper then most flights I looked at. that weren't even direct flights and only economy. Linda

I have flown Club Class a couple of times. It is a lot better than coach and much quieter. The only thing that may be of concern, especially if you require room for larger hips, (or should I say middle aged spread)...does the arm in the middle come up to give you a little extra space? It might be a fixed arm and if extra room is a concern then you might want to change. Sometimes the dinner try is in the outer armrest, other seats require the flight attendant to attach a tray. In row 2 it would be in the seat in front of you. We tend to prefer row 2 as we both require the extra hip room!Just a couple of things to consider. I know that you will really enjoy the flight, and I hope you have a great cruise!

Being in a "bulkhead" seat, means you can stand, and not be in anyone's way! There is nothing in front of you, no other seats to push and shove, while trying to get out of your seat...a blank space to stand and stretch...I'd keep them!

But then depending upon how close to the bulkhead the seat is you might not be able to stretch your legs out which in economy, or premium economy (like products) is a big problem.

There are some aircraft where bulkhead seats are great, and others where it is well worth missing.

Archived