Fuel supplement charges

hott_michelle2001

I am crusing on carnival fantasy on 12/13 and i know that is before they are required to give a refund for fuel supplement. Has anyone else that reently traveled got a refund?

There have been some recent reports of "unknown" OBC's that some cruisers have been getting very recently....some speculate a partial fuel supplement refund and then some are just plain unsure why they had these "mystery" OBC's appear. Maybe there is hope as I too am sailing on the 13th. But even if we get -0-, I am not going to let it ruin my cruise ! ;)

There have been some recent reports of "unknown" OBC's that some cruisers have been getting very recently....some speculate a partial fuel supplement refund and then some are just plain unsure why they had these "mystery" OBC's appear. Maybe there is hope as I too am sailing on the 13th. But even if we get -0-, I am not going to let it ruin my cruise ! ;)

I just got back from Mexican Riviera cruise & had a $15pp refund on my account from the Mexican Goverment. Apparently they're refunding the "tax" of $5 per port that they tacked on earlier this year.

I am crusing on carnival fantasy on 12/13 and i know that is before they are required to give a refund for fuel supplement. Has anyone else that reently traveled got a refund?

we are sailing on the splendor 12/13... called carnival about a fuel supplement OBC... they told us if we could provide a name of someone sailing with us that received a credit they would honor our request

Yes, we understand that EVERYONE sailing after 12/17 gets the credit/refund. That has been beaten to death here over the past week.

It just seems a little inequitable that those of us sailing this weekend get to pay the fuel surcharge while those getting on after us don't, all because oil closed at $0.53 over Carnival's target price on ONE day.

But - again - it's been beaten to death.

They did what they said they would do once the price stayed down.

So, our timing sucks. Oh well. Isn't the first time and I'm guessing it won't be the last.

But could y'all who ARE getting the credit/refund please just shut up about it, already!

WE KNOW! CONGRATULATIONS! WE'RE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

:rolleyes:

Gosh I am upset that we don't get the OBC for our sailing on the 13th but sure am not that distraught over it, and who knows... maybe the "Fuel Fairy" will surprise us on our sailing......

If the posters posting that they are getting a refund bothers you that much... why not just ignore the posts or just get over it ! :rolleyes:

I think your cruise had to be 12/17 or thereafter to qualify for a refund. sorry :(

Yes that is a bummer. Reminds me of waiting until I turned 21 to be able to go to the bars and then after I finally turned 21 the state changed the drinking age to 19. :rolleyes:

But could y'all who ARE getting the credit/refund please just shut up about it, already!

Well, maybe we would if those who are upset about it would stop posting about how wronged they are.

It does not matter if it was .53 cents or 53 dollars over, over is over, get a 5 instead of a 3 in powerball and you get nothing.

On the other side of the coin, your suggested tip is approximately the same as the obc:rolleyes:

Now you wouldnt be suggesting that the suggested tip be altered would you ? :eek:

I am cruising on the 14th. I received an email from Carnival yesterday that an OBC would be put on my account for the 17th until the end of the cruise.

Patience.......

I am cruising on the 14th. I received an email from Carnival yesterday that an OBC would be put on my account for the 17th until the end of the cruise.

Patience.......

That's cool. At least you'll get partial credit. Reminds me of high school, I used to get partial credit all the time.

Patience.......

I'm sailing on 12/14 as well. I just called Carnival about the email you got (I didn't get one) and they said tough SH*T, you're not getting anything back, unless you sail AFTER the 17th. BS if you ask me!

I'm sailing on 12/14 as well. I just called Carnival about the email you got (I didn't get one) and they said tough SH*T, you're not getting anything back, unless you sail AFTER the 17th. BS if you ask me!

I seriously doubt that a CCL rep used that type of language....You sound like another angry fuel supplement passenger voicing displeasure ! I am sailing on Dec. 13th and am not expecting anything, but consider myself blessed to still be able to cruise given the economy at this time and will be darned if I am going to worry over a $54.00 p/p refund......life is too short and for the price I paid for the cruise I am not gonna complain....it should have cost waaaay more than an additional $54.00 p/p than I paid for the fuel supplement. :eek:

I seriously doubt that a CCL rep used that type of language....You sound like another angry fuel supplement passenger voicing displeasure ! I am sailing on Dec. 13th and am not expecting anything, but consider myself blessed to still be able to cruise given the economy at this time and will be darned if I am going to worry over a $54.00 p/p refund......life is too short and for the price I paid for the cruise I am not gonna complain....it should have cost waaaay more than an additional $54.00 p/p than I paid for the fuel supplement. :eek:

OF COURSE they did not use that language. I was just venting. I just don't like being told no! ;)

I had no intention of calling Carnival about the fuel supplement until I saw another poster state that they got an email regarding a partial refund. I just wanted to see if I was missing out on anything.

Before my final payment, I got a price drop of $100. After my final payment I noticed the price dropped and additional $50, but I didn't call for it because I didn't want to seem greedy...

And I refuse to let $126 get in the way of my good time, I will agree with you about that. I just finished a grueling semester of nursing school and I can't wait to spend 7 relaxing days with my husband! :D

Yes, we understand that EVERYONE sailing after 12/17 gets the credit/refund. That has been beaten to death here over the past week.

It just seems a little inequitable that those of us sailing this weekend get to pay the fuel surcharge while those getting on after us don't, all because oil closed at $0.53 over Carnival's target price on ONE day.

But - again - it's been beaten to death.

They did what they said they would do once the price stayed down.

So, our timing sucks. Oh well. Isn't the first time and I'm guessing it won't be the last.

Wow.........sour grapes.........hope you get over it and enjoy your

cruise:D

It is because it doesn't start until after the 17th........

On my previous response, I indicated that Carnival had email me that my Triumph cruise on 12/14 would be credited....I received that on Monday. Today, they sent info that my Liberty on 1/3 is also credited....

I love the OBC!!!!!

Archived