Help hump cabin or 9256 on radiance

I cannot make up my mind....on a soon to depart cruise on the Radiance we have booked a center hump D1 cabin 9586. I was really thrilled with the location until this morning I noticed that 9256 has become available. It is aft and has a wrap around cabin. My concern is it is so far from the elevator ......really want to hear opinions on this...rather quickly cause it won't stay available for long. THANKS FOR HELP

9256 rocks!! We had it for 15 nights to Hawaii.

Soot was not an issue. You have a straight view out, no metal infrastructure to deal with on the Radiance class ships.

Yes it is a bit of a distance to the elevator from the aft, but the Radiance ships aren't as large as the Voyager so the walk isn't that bad - think 32 cabins back. I managed it in high heels and after several Captain's party welcome drinks. DH did a round trip run to the cabin and back from the Schooner bar in 6 minutes. (Yes, we timed him :p)

The balcony was very large. We had 12 people out on it comfortably. The view was also lovely as we could watch the wake in peace and there were some beautiful sunrise/sunsets. There was occasional cigarette smoke from above and next door, but I can't imagine this is any different with any balcony these days. We used the balcony several hours each day.

If you spend time in your cabin or on the balcony and have good mobility - go for it. If convenient location is more important that the actual cabin, stay put. Either way, it's a wonderful ship with a great crew.

Let us know what you decided!

I would LOVE to try an aft but unfortunately I am worried that I may get seasick and wouldn't have anywhere to go. I feel the motion just being aft on any deck. For those who say you won't feel any more motion being aft I will strongly disagree as it does happen to some of us. The view looking aft is beautiful but I personally have to stay with my hump cabins.

I cannot make up my mind....on a soon to depart cruise on the Radiance we have booked a center hump D1 cabin 9586. I was really thrilled with the location until this morning I noticed that 9256 has become available. It is aft and has a wrap around cabin. My concern is it is so far from the elevator ......really want to hear opinions on this...rather quickly cause it won't stay available for long. THANKS FOR HELP

9256 is our favorite room :D

Thank you so much for your prompt responses, pictures and video. They were great. I think we have decided to stay with the hump cabin cause this is a South America cruise and we have already been warned that going around Cape Horn could be very rocky. But....if I ever get the chance for 9256 again with a warmer climate I will definitely go for it. Thanks again

Archived