?????What Gives?????

Woobstr112G

Good news...All is now good. Just got off the phone with Princess and we are back in our original stateroom. Yahooooooooo......:D:):D
I'm glad this worked out for you! Princess did the same thing to me for my cruise last July: I had an AD next door to my sister and BIL and my daughter and their sons were nearby, and they "upgraded" me to an AC on the deck above at the opposite end of the ship. And yes, our bookings were linked. My TA was able to get my cabin back, fortunately (or perhaps not since this was the cabin I had so many problems with the toilet. :) )

In any case, many people who book an AD don't consider an AA, AB or AC an "upgrade" in spite of what Princess or the computer system thinks. I consider the ADs a great location, not to mention the covered balcony, and am just glad Princess prices it lower than the other mini-suites.

Several of the Carnival Brands have a computer booking system called "POLAR".

It is a very sophisticated intuitive system that predicts booking demands and trends and automatically reacts to them.

Say, for example, that you have already booked a cabin in a particular category. If demand for that category rises above a certain point, the computer will automatically - without telling anyone - upgrade you to a better category and put your original cabin back into inventory, to be sold again.

The idea here is that most passengers would be quite happy to receive a free upgrade.

There are some cases, however, where this is not a desirable situation. When somebody like you has a particular cabin booked for a special reason, you do not want to be upgraded. This is why the cruise lines that use POLAR give you the option, when booking, of telling them that you do not want to be upgraded.

Unfortunately, this situation of not wanting to be upgraded is so rare, that the staff who enter the data into the POLAR system sometimes fail to tell the computer that you do not want the upgrade.

It's simple human error. That's probably what happened in your case. Usually it is easily rectified, as most passengers will jump at taking your upgrade.

Thanks for the insight Phillip....All is now good and we are back in our original stateroom.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

You'll love sailing out of Sydney, Just gorgeous! Have a wonderful time.:D

Sydney is my home town and I haven't been home for nearly a year. Usually I go a few times a year but work is work and I'm trying to retire by the end of this month and I'd love to go home on a trans Pacific but it won't be until 2010:(

Anthony

Good news...All is now good. Just got off the phone with Princess and we are back in our original stateroom. Yahooooooooo......:D:):D

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

YEAA :) We always make no upgrades too....

Have a great cruise :)

Good news...All is now good. Just got off the phone with Princess and we are back in our original stateroom.

Glad they didn't sell your cabin and got your cabin back.

Otherwise.....:eek:

Same situation happened to me.

Wasn't happy in the least bit with the "upgrade".

Lucky for me they didn't sell it yet.

Archived