Mini bars NO alcohol I am stumped please help!

Lushpuppy

Ok let me get this right in my head....you are looking for a RCCL policy that states you cannot have alcohol in your mini fridge/cooler in your cabin ?

Thank you, yes, thats correct.

I wrote to them to ask how we organise drinks for our wet bar, and mini bar etc, and they wrote back to me saying that the policy states no alcohol may be stored in your cabin. I did say NOT BRING ON BOARD, how do I purchase it etc. I want to find this "policy" they refer to.

I cannot believe they dont stock a mini bar. This is a first. I am actually more concerned for my MIL. We always tell her to take a wee mini bottle from the mini bar when she is getting ready. She enjoys a drink getting ready at night. We drink champagne so can order that from room service (I HOPE:eek:). But I also like the mini bar for others arriving... this is my puzzle? I just dont get the mini bar thing without drinks.. its just unheard of for me... I had asked earlier and discovered we cannot buy bottles..that too was a shocker...but miniatures..where does RCI tell you this...thats what they say..but where???

You will receive wine and champaigne glasses but nothing to pour into them.

Well at least thats something that we do have actual glasses to use:rolleyes:

If we go to the bar, can we buy some bottles unopened and store them in our suite and chill them as we need them then? So lets say I go to the bar, order up whites, reds etc ..can I store them unopened in our suite?

Sorry, been a lot of "same time" posting going on:o

The words mini-bar should probably have been changed when RCCL brought in their rule about not bringing alcohol onboard and not being allowed to buy bottles of alcohol onboard for drinking in the cabin.

There isnt a policy which states what you can or cannot put into your mini-bar/fridge/cooler/cold thingy/snack holder/water holder/ whatever name you like to call it :D

I think they cant really change the name to mini fridge as it isnt as cold as a fridge would normally be.

Elizanessie.. where is this ruling? Can you point it out to me please? I am new to RCI (obviously) and there are HUGE differences between this and other cruiselines I have cruised on. P&O (their ONLY saving grace) for example even sell you duty free bottles and deliver them to your cabin for use! Celebrity, thats easy, can buy bottle pacakge...this one really confuses me..honestly... as a new RCI cruiser I have read the brochures, read the website and cant find anything which details this. I would like to know if I am wrong (in principal). Thank you.

Elizanessie.. where is this ruling? Can you point it out to me please? I am new to RCI (obviously) and there are HUGE differences between this and other cruiselines I have cruised on. P&O (their ONLY saving grace) for example even sell you duty free bottles and deliver them to your cabin for use! Celebrity, thats easy, can buy bottle pacakge...this one really confuses me..honestly... as a new RCI cruiser I have read the brochures, read the website and cant find anything which details this. I would like to know if I am wrong (in principal). Thank you.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000lcer0nnija82_VJiAchFNn_:13hldcgo7;jsessionid=0000dcs4U_jWkJNw_fETvXnMbef:13hldcctq?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Can I bring liquor (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000lcer0nnija82_VJiAchFNn_:13hldcgo7;jsessionid=0000dcs4U_jWkJNw_fETvXnMbef:13hldcctq?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?s.gifA: No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour. However, for Transatlantic, Transpacific, Hawaii, select South American cruises/cruisetours and other selected cruises/cruisetours, the infant (as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour) must be at least 12 months old.

As of April 22, 2008, the list of cruises to which the 12 month minimum age requirement applies (in addition to all Transatlantic, Transpacific, and Hawaii cruises) is as follows:

• Mariner of the Seas - January 4, 19, February 3, 2009;
  • Splendour of the Seas - March 30, 2009;
  • Legend of the Seas - October 23, 2009.
  • Legend of the Seas - November 4, 2009.

Any cruisetours associated with these cruises are also subject to the 12 month minimum age requirement.

Denial of boarding for infants who do not satisfy these minimum age requirements may also result in the denial of boarding for one or more guests sailing with that infant. No refunds or other compensation shall be due from the cruise line to anyone as a result of the denial of boarding to an underage infant or other accompanying guests.

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

ALCOHOL POLICY

con_bulletgray_ico.gifEffective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifHowever, on cruises departing from European and South American countries, where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages. Please note: Waivers will be provided to parents upon check-in.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifThe 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Royal Caribbean's policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifGuests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifGuests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

Ok you have all totally confused me LOL but I do understand the no "wet bar" in the cabin, its the alcohol policy that you have now all confused me on LOL....

A friend of ours purchased us the champagne and strawberries for our cruise are you saying we can't enjoy that in our room? Or will they bring it to us open and then we have to drink it right then and there whether we want to or not right now because we cant store it in our room for later?

These policies all relate to bringing alcohol on board or buying from the shop, I DONT want to do that. I am trying to find the policy about not being able to have alcohol stored in our suite and therefore not in a mini bar. THIS is what they are saying is a policy?

Ok you have all totally confused me LOL but I do understand the no "wet bar" in the cabin, its the alcohol policy that you have now all confused me on LOL....

A friend of ours purchased us the champagne and strawberries for our cruise are you saying we can't enjoy that in our room? Or will they bring it to us open and then we have to drink it right then and there whether we want to or not right now because we cant store it in our room for later?

I havent had any problems having bottle of Champagne sitting in my cabin which I received as a gift :D

You just arent allowed to buy it yourself onboard in the shops or bring it onboard :)

:o I didn't post them earlier since there are multiple alcohol polices and just easier for the OP to do a search on the word alcohol. I don't think she will find one that says what isn't in the mini bar though.

Okay, this is part of the email they sent me, this is the policy I am looking for.Sorry if I am confusing anyone. I do NOT want to bring on board, buy from shops, just want to stock a mini bar!

Quote from RCI

Please note that we have contacted the ship for confirmation of your

following queries below. They have advised that as per the company policy

that guests cannot store alcohol in the staterooms/suites, so unfortunately

it is not possible to fill the mini bar with spirits or alcohol.

These policies all relate to bringing alcohol on board or buying from the shop, I DONT want to do that. I am trying to find the policy about not being able to have alcohol stored in our suite and therefore not in a mini bar. THIS is what they are saying is a policy?

There is no policy that says you cannot have alcohol stored in your suite.

I know we are cross posting here, but the quote I wrote above is copied from their email to me. I have wrote to them asking for this policy but have not received a reply as yet. I wondered had I missed something in the searches I did, or in their brochure. Nothing I could find. This is why I was asking. WHAT policy??? Beats me:rolleyes:

How the heck will you be able to store alcohol in your mini-bar when you don´t bring it on and don´t buy it onboard:confused:

There is no policy for you to find that you can´t store alcohol in you mini-bar, because there is no need for it as you simply won´t have any alcohol to store there. What´s so hard to understand about that. They don´t have mini botles and won´t sell bottles of alcohol to you.

How the heck will you be able to store alcohol in your mini-bar when you don´t bring it on and don´t buy it onboard:confused:

There is no policy for you to find that you can´t store alcohol in you mini-bar, because there is no need for it as you simply won´t have any alcohol to store there. What´s so hard to understand about that. They don´t have mini botles and won´t sell bottles of alcohol to you.

They WILL sell you champagne and wine and beer, all unopened. What Lushpuppy was told is you cannot store alcohol in your room. I don't believe that is true. I assumed you COULD have unopened (or opened for that matter) bottles of wine stored in your room.:confused:

I know we are cross posting here, but the quote I wrote above is copied from their email to me. I have wrote to them asking for this policy but have not received a reply as yet. I wondered had I missed something in the searches I did, or in their brochure. Nothing I could find. This is why I was asking. WHAT policy??? Beats me:rolleyes:

You will not find every policy on the website, the site is slow enough as it is some days. It is what it is unfortunately. You can not longer buy a bar setup for your cabin and they do not have alcohol in the mini bar. You can get drinks delivered to your cabin. You can bring wine and champagne back to your cabin or have it delivered.

I know you want it in writing from the website but it just isn't there. Here is a policy that is close but no cigar.

What amenities are offered in the staterooms?s.gifA: Our staterooms and suites vary by ship, but every room offers a television, telephone, private bath, shower, vanity and a hair-dryer. And, like a fine hotel, all of our staterooms provide soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Depending on your stateroom/suite category, you're accommodations many include other amenities such as bathrobes, mini bars and more. Please check with your travel agent or our Customer Service Department to find out what specific amenities are included in your stateroom/suite. s.gif

You have already done what the policy suggests. Looks like you are just going to have to order from room service or bring something back from a bar if you want hard liquor.

Okay, this is part of the email they sent me, this is the policy I am looking for.Sorry if I am confusing anyone. I do NOT want to bring on board, buy from shops, just want to stock a mini bar!

Quote from RCI

Please note that we have contacted the ship for confirmation of your

following queries below. They have advised that as per the company policy

that guests cannot store alcohol in the staterooms/suites, so unfortunately

it is not possible to fill the mini bar with spirits or alcohol.

The problem/confusion is coming from the wording in that email from RCCL.

If someone gifted you some bottles of alcohol...you could have it stored in your cabin. For example I have in the past found a bottle of Champagne waiting for me in my cabin when I board (gift from RCCL) and in fact last cruise it was sitting there for 13 nights as my son was ill and we didnt open it until the last night.

They WILL sell you champagne and wine and beer, all unopened. What Lushpuppy was told is you cannot store alcohol in your room. I don't believe that is true. I assumed you COULD have unopened (or opened for that matter) bottles of wine stored in your room.:confused:

What Lushpuppy wants is them to store the minibar with liquor and that´s what they won´t do. Yes you can buy wine and champagne and put it in there, but they won´t stock ot for you and they won´t sell you liquor.

Here is a link to RCI's Gifts and gear page. On this page you can purchase wine and champagne to have delivered to your stateroom. So, YES, if they deliver it to your stateroom, they know you obviously will be storing it there unless they expect you to drink 10 bottles the second it is delivered.

Also the word liquor can be confusing....alcohol is alcohol to us here in UK.:D

Liquor is vodka,whisky,gin etc in the USA isnt it?

When we got shopping for alcohol then we get it in a supermarket or Off Licence,we dont have to go to separate shops to buy our wine & our vodka etc.

Ok now I think I might have confused myself :o

You are absoutly correct in the above statement!!:)

Rick

I do not think there is a "policy" as such regarding mini Bar I think it should be called mini Fridge because that is what it is. We recently returned from a TA and the mini Fridge was stocked with pop and chocolate snack bars. Perhaps the policy referred to is really the no personal alcohol policy.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have to say I do find it very annoying that I can't buy a bottle of liquor in one of the shops and bring it back to my room. I understand why they would not allow you to bring alcohol onboard but I do not understand why I can't purchase it from RCI onboard and drink it in my room. I just want to be able to enjoy a drink on my balcony during the cruise.

Also I tried calling room service once for drinks and they told me it would take 45 minutes. That's useless.

I do not understand why I can't purchase it from RCI onboard and drink it in my room. I just want to be able to enjoy a drink on my balcony during the cruise.

Big profit loss. Plain and simple.

I love Chamborde. Quite pricey to drink.

The price I can buy it for at the duty free shop-the bartender would not be seeing me at all if I could make my own!

I've only been on one cruise (RCI) but, we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us from the Romance Package. It was in a ice bucket w/2 wine glasses on a tray (we had it change to non-alcoholic as we don't drink).

And the people next door to us had something like 5-10 bottles all from packages and/or gifts (opened and unopened) in there rooms without any proplems.

Archived