Mini bars NO alcohol I am stumped please help!

Lushpuppy

Can someone please point me out the policy RCI has of not allowing alcohol in their mini bars? WHERE on their website does it say this? All the brochures, room descriptions say "mini bar"... now where does it say no alcohol in their policy. I am having a dispute with RCI so called customer service over this?

Where ..anyone got a link to this. NOT the dont bring on board smuggle your own thing, the actual NO alcohol stored in stateroom by mini bar or buying on board??

Thanks!

Where do you intend to get liquor for your mini-bar if they don't allow it to be brought on board nor do they sell it by the bottle onboard?

Well thats what I want to know????

A MINI BAR without alcohol..no hotel on earth I have ever known provides a mini bar without alcohol???? HOW do we buy drinks, room service every time?? Thats looking like it???

Instead of "mini-bar", they should say "mini-fridge"...that's more in-line with the truth!

Does it really matter? Those little airline-sized bottles (if they had them) would cost as much as a fifth of liquor. Just get drinks at a bar, and bring them to your cabin.

Can someone please point me out the policy RCI has of not allowing alcohol in their mini bars?
I've never seen such a policy, I've bought beers, asked the bartender not to open them, and stored them there without a problem.

Good grief!!! WHAT I am asking, is if someone KINDLY has the link to this policy on RCIs website? Unlike many others, I am NOT a scrooge, dont smuggle alcohol, and have no intention of doing so. I would however like to know where in my contract is there a ruling about not having alcohol PURCHASED on board in my extremely expensive royal suite:eek:

Well thats what I want to know????

A MINI BAR without alcohol..no hotel on earth I have ever known provides a mini bar without alcohol???? HOW do we buy drinks, room service every time?? Thats looking like it???

A mini bar is for more than liquor. It's for pop and numerous other things. The point is, you can't bring your own liquor onboard and you can't buy it by the bottle to take back to your cabin.

Yes, room service or go to the bar and get your drink. That's just the way it is.

Good grief!!! WHAT I am asking, is if someone KINDLY has the link to this policy on RCIs website? Unlike many others, I am NOT a scrooge, dont smuggle alcohol, and have no intention of doing so. I would however like to know where in my contract is there a ruling about not having alcohol PURCHASED on board in my extremely expensive royal suite:eek:

Where you are has nothing to do with it. Read your contract, phone them but when you're told there isn't any there - believe it. They do NOT sell liquor by the bottle onboard to anyone. First of all, it has nothing to do with what kind of cabin you have, and two, they don't do it.

A mini bar is for more than liquor. It's for pop and numerous other things. The point is, you can't bring your own liquor onboard and you can't buy it by the bottle to take back to your cabin.

Yes, room service or go to the bar and get your drink. That's just the way it is.

Thank you, I am aware of this, but RCI are saying to me that there is a policy and I am trying to locate this "policy". On celebrity, one can buy liquer packages, and also, EVERY mini bar is stocked with alcohol. I am not used to staying anywhere that a mini bar stocks "pop"!:eek: We are quite happy to pay, just want access to drinks if entertaining etc and are arguing the point with RCI that their website does not say this policy. WHERE is the policy??? Thank you:)

Thank you, I am aware of this, but RCI are saying to me that there is a policy and I am trying to locate this "policy". On celebrity, one can buy liquer packages, and also, EVERY mini bar is stocked with alcohol. I am not used to staying anywhere that a mini bar stocks "pop"!:eek: We are quite happy to pay, just want access to drinks if entertaining etc and are arguing the point with RCI that their website does not say this policy. WHERE is the policy??? Thank you:)

It really doesn't matter. If they say "no" then "no" it is.

Quote from the website on data of a Royal Suite:

Also includes mini-bar, dining table in a separate area, entertainment centre, including a 42" flat screen TV, a stereo and VCR, surround sound system, private bathroom, vanity area, hair-dryer, phone, computer connection, dressing table with an extendable work surface for laptop computers and 110/220-volt electrical outlets. Sleeps up to four people and can accommodate a rollaway bed or travel cot.

I appreciate what you are saying, just feel it is totally misleading and wrong.I would still like to know if anyones knows precisely where this information is detailed. Thank you.

Ok let me get this right in my head....you are looking for a RCCL policy that states you cannot have alcohol in your mini fridge/cooler in your cabin ?

Since the "airline size" bottles were mentioned, I was surprised on Carnival Liberty that they sold a 5 or 6 pack (forget which one) of flavored Cruzan Rums in a tube, and you could take it back to your room immediately. We purchased 2 and packed them as gifts.

So can I assume then that RC does not have these?

If you do a search on the RCL website using the word alcohol, you will find various policies. One talks about buying alcohol in port or on board ship and another on age. You will not find a "policy" about mini bars, they have snacks and soft drinks, period.

Lushpuppy is correct, they do refer to it as a minibar, not a mini-fridge, on their website. I agree that the terminology as it is is probably a little ambiguous.

I looked on the website and didn't see the policy. That doesn't mean it's not their policy, just that they didn't deem it necessary to post online.

If this irks you to the point where you feel the need to say something, you can always let RCI know that you think the description is misleading and that the policy about bottled beverages should be disclosed somewhere in the room description. However, the fact that they didn't disclose the policy online doesn't mean that it isn't a real policy.

There is a difference in a 'mini-bar' and a 'stocked mini-bar'.

We had a grand suite on our last cruise and there was a bar area, complete with glasses, fridge, wine bottle opener.........just no booze.

We did have a small party (10-12) and I just went to a bar and purchased a few bottles of wine. If our guests did not want wine ( I knew they were wine drinkers because they all sat at our table for dinner) they could have water (tapwater).:eek::rolleyes:;):D

The words mini-bar should probably have been changed when RCCL brought in their rule about not bringing alcohol onboard and not being allowed to buy bottles of alcohol onboard for drinking in the cabin.

There isnt a policy which states what you can or cannot put into your mini-bar/fridge/cooler/cold thingy/snack holder/water holder/ whatever name you like to call it :D

I think they cant really change the name to mini fridge as it isnt as cold as a fridge would normally be.

Archived