Dress Code for Kids at diinner

Beckaroous

My best friend is taking her 6 year old on his first cruise. We never paid attention to kids in the dinning room before so we are unsure of the dress code. :confused:

For regular nights would it be ok if he wore one of those matching shorts and short sleeve sets? Would the shorts and tank top be ok? :rolleyes:

We purchased him 2 suits for the formal nights so we are not worried about that.:)

Being female for a regular night we usually just throw on skirts and call it a day but you can't throw a skirt on a boy. :p

Actually shorts for dinner are now listed as appropriate attire on their new dress code, as long as they are "dress" shorts - even for men. Yup, you heard me right! Many of the guys in our group will be wearing dress shorts and shirts for casual night - if it doesn't bother Carnival, it shouldn't bother anyone else. I think nice shorts and a knit or cotton collared shirt would be just fine. Personally I don't care what a 6 year old is wearing - or a 66 year old for that matter.

My best friend is taking her 6 year old on his first cruise. We never paid attention to kids in the dinning room before so we are unsure of the dress code. :confused:

For regular nights would it be ok if he wore one of those matching shorts and short sleeve sets? Would the shorts and tank top be ok? :rolleyes:

We purchased him 2 suits for the formal nights so we are not worried about that.:)

Being female for a regular night we usually just throw on skirts and call it a day but you can't throw a skirt on a boy. :p

In spite of what some people will tell you shorts are perfectly acceptable in the dining room except on Elegant nights.

You are dealing with a six year old and there is no reason to make him dress up any more than that.

I will give you fair warning that the clothing police will be out and tell you not to do it, but what you are suggesting for a six year old (or an adult male for that matter) is both acceptable and appropriate. Do what you need to do and ignore the ones that tell you to put him in long pants, if that is what your friend wants to do with her son.

For a 6 yr old a short set should be fine. There are lots of Cute (or should I say Handsome) short sets that would be appropriate for dinnertime.

My Grandsons are now 10 & 11 and I would let them were a nice short set to dinner.

Archived