Tenth Cruise on Carnival?

yogimax

We just completed our 9th Carnival cruise. Will we be Platinum on our tenth cruise, or will have to complete that one first? On a related question, will Carnival notify you of your new status?

We just completed our 9th and Carnival informed us that we are plantinum when we booked our 10th, it is also on our e-tickets.

I have a follow up question. (Sorry to hijack the thread, Yogi, but it is a related question) We are a group of 4 travelling together to the port. One cabin will have a Platinum cruiser in it and the other will not. I realize they will not get any of the other perks, but will we be able to all check in together at the VIP desk at the port and board together? We kind of have to check in together because all of the S ans S accounts will be secured on the same credit card. The reservations were booked at the same time and are linked on Carnival's site, so I'm hoping this won't be a problem. Anyone else have this experience?

If everyone who is Platinum brought the people they are traveling with thru the Vip line, it would no longer be VIP! I'm Platinum and traveling with 6 other people on my next cruise-should I expect to take all of them thru the VIP line with Me? No-the only fair way is to go thru general boarding with the people you want to check in with.

Pat

I have a follow up question. (Sorry to hijack the thread, Yogi, but it is a related question) We are a group of 4 travelling together to the port. One cabin will have a Platinum cruiser in it and the other will not. I realize they will not get any of the other perks, but will we be able to all check in together at the VIP desk at the port and board together? We kind of have to check in together because all of the S ans S accounts will be secured on the same credit card. The reservations were booked at the same time and are linked on Carnival's site, so I'm hoping this won't be a problem. Anyone else have this experience?

No, if they aren't Concierge Level, they won't be able to use the VIP room. If Carnival permitted that, the VIP room would be packed.

Either you'll have to check in separately or, you can join your companions in the regular checkin line.

If they are immediate family they will allow it. One person who worked such said "we aren't allowed to say no". If they are your children for instance, no one will object. You have to admit you would object if someone brought their friends in line in front of you making your VIP status worth much less since you now have to wait longer. Even if you can get them in your line, I hear the person checking you in will have to go to the regular counter to get the cards for those who are not supposed to be there so they can check them in.

As I said if they are your minor children or such, Im sure no problem.

No' date=' if they aren't Concierge Level, they won't be able to use the VIP room. If Carnival permitted that, the VIP room would be packed.

Either you'll have to check in separately or, you can join your companions in the regular checkin line.[/quote']

Carnival has a concierge level? or do you mean suites? thought concierge was just a level offered by the X line?

I was going to ask the children question. Thanks firefly for answering that. I am hoping to get my Platinum by next year, we are going to be cruising at least once a year with my boyfriends 2 children and I would never leave them to check in even though they are 12 and 10 right now so they will be a little older once I get VIP, so I would forgo the VIP check in if they weren't allowed to come with us.

I am sailing in three weeks and spoke to a supervisor at Carnival about the same thing yesterday. I was told we could board VIP together if one of two things happened--the other cabin had to be our children or the other cabin and ours had to be linked together with the same credit card on our S&S account. One more thing, I was also told it was up to the discretion of the Carnival people at the port if neither one of these situations exist whether or not they let you board together.

YES... if the Sign n Sail card is all the same they will absolutely allow you to all board together...

I am sailing in three weeks and spoke to a supervisor at Carnival about the same thing yesterday. I was told we could board VIP together if one of two things happened--the other cabin had to be our children or the other cabin and ours had to be linked together with the same credit card on our S&S account. One more thing, I was also told it was up to the discretion of the Carnival people at the port if neither one of these situations exist whether or not they let you board together.

Both of these stipulations are true for us, so I guess we're good. Thanks for all the responses.

Archived