LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Carol...........I also spent the past hour plus going thru your picture album. What memories that you have.:)

Bobbie was a bit shy in using the camera for the first leg, and much better on the second leg. Your pictures certainly filled in the blanks.

I know it must be frustrating having such a problem in your home......and over the weekend to boot. Hopefully, you have not lost too much, and by tomorrow, maybe you will have a new furnace.:rolleyes:

Rick

I should double up on the Simvastatin after the cruise.

Our waiter was trying to kill me while on the cruise, on lobster night he brought me

6 tails, yes they were small and Sue said at least its not steak as she was saying that she seen the NY strip also there as they were pouring the butter on the tails.

Carol, as a pharmacist who works nights in a hospital I have to thank you for providing such an enjoyable post to read. It has inspired me to take the "trip around the Horn" as a future cruise!!

BUT, as a pharmacist I have to remind you how much a "workout" you gave your liver the last 53 days, and taking extra Simvastatin (also metabolized by the liver) might actually do more harm than good. I know your probably just kidding about taking extra meds, but others might read into this as "OK". I also work retail part time and spend alot of time trying to educate "John Q Public" that what their friends do with meds is not actually recommended!

Glad you took the opportunity to "Get out there" and enjoy life instead of waiting for retirement like some. I also intend to "spend my children's inheritance, one cruise at a time!"

Jacquelyn, RPh :D

Carol, as a pharmacist who works nights in a hospital I have to thank you for providing such an enjoyable post to read. It has inspired me to take the "trip around the Horn" as a future cruise!!

BUT, as a pharmacist I have to remind you how much a "workout" you gave your liver the last 53 days, and taking extra Simvastatin (also metabolized by the liver) might actually do more harm than good. I know your probably just kidding about taking extra meds, but others might read into this as "OK". I also work retail part time and spend alot of time trying to educate "John Q Public" that what their friends do with meds is not actually recommended!

Yes I was only joking.

BTW I am not Carol

Bet you are busy with the problems at home today ! I'm having pcd and bummered (latin?)

about the loss of my photos. But wait ! Carol has come to my rescue once again with posting all those photos on Webshots ! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Carol.

When I get my new computer I'll be downloading them right away.

I'll be trying to get in touch with others, that I got to tour with, for even more so that my family can subjected to a great slide show. The good news is that my Hornblower's DVDs were packed in a suitcase that made it home.

I am learning about the travel insurance lost luggage coverage and in the fine print mine covers $250 per ITEM, so a $1400 computer is now worth $250. Going to pay more attention to that next time.

Vickie and Woody- I e-mailed you right away and hope all is well with you.

Hornblower's- I miss you all ! Zu~

Bet you are busy with the problems at home today ! I'm having pcd and bummered (latin?)

about the loss of my photos. But wait ! Carol has come to my rescue once again with posting all those photos on Webshots ! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Carol.

I'll be trying to get in touch with others, that I got to tour with, for even more so that my family can subjected to a great slide show. The good news is that my Hornblower's DVDs were packed in a suitcase that made it home.

I am learning about the travel insurance lost luggage coverage and in the fine print mine covers $250 per ITEM, so a $1400 computer is now worth $250. Going to pay more attention to that next time.

you can also claim on your homeowners insurance. my son had the same situation and after the cruise insurance paid his homeowners paid him the rest (camera equiptment).:)

Carol, I just loved taking this trip along with you. Thank you so much for all your photos and on board blog.

I was viewing your photos and noticed an icon at the bottom that looks like someone drinking from a fountain. Can you tell me what that is? I know it's a strange question, but I work for a water fountain company and it caught my eye.

So glad you had a wonderful trip. It seems to truly be a trip of a lifetime. I wish I could take out all the other posts and just read yours so I can read it like a novel. Perhaps you should do that and publish it somewhere.

Susan, I have all your pictures from leg one and three downloaded to my computer you gave me to use including Machu Picchu. No leg two folder though as you did not give them to me. Email me and I can get them to you.

Patrick

Zu......I have Bobbie's pictures with you at Iguazu Falls. When you get your new computer, let me know and I can either email them, or burn a CD for you. It sounds like Patrick has you covered on the rest!:)

Hope you are feeling better. Bobbie is still hacking......but not going to the doctor.

Rick

Bobbie is still hacking......but not going to the doctor.

Does anyone that went to the ship doctor or anyone that didn't.. know what the medically term for the crud we had on ship was?

I am almost over it now, I caught it twice..first after we left Bueneou Aires and then again after we left Costa Rica..the second time was a killer..about 8 days now..and now Glenda is getting it.. What the heck is this stuff?

Does anyone that went to the ship doctor or anyone that didn't.. know what the medically term for the crud we had on ship was?

I am almost over it now, I caught it twice..first after we left Bueneou Aires and then again after we left Costa Rica..the second time was a killer..about 8 days now..and now Glenda is getting it.. What the heck is this stuff?

Simply known as "Cruise Cough" or you could call it "Cruise Crud"

I do know the CDC came on board in LA and was going over the ship, due to the length of the trip and the large number of health problems reported.

Anyone recall if Ken had it?

With much anticipation I daily read all the posts from you and the people that knew you.

Being an outsider I hope you have the time to answer my curious questions.

Carol:

How the heck did you pack all the clothes you needed for this long cruise.

Did you wear your formal wear a couple times, or did you use laundry services.

Did you ship home clothes.

Just wondering how many suitcases did you fly with.

Keep your posts coming now that you are home to tell about your experiences.

Thanks so much for your time.

Later

Susan, I have all your pictures from leg one and three downloaded to my computer you gave me to use including Machu Picchu. No leg two folder though as you did not give them to me. Email me and I can get them to you.

Patrick

Patrick to the rescue. :D:D:D

wonderful pictures and thanks for sitting up close is shows....for entertainer shots....love seeing the penguins as we did not do that tour with you guys....Ginny

Hey, Ginny!

You know that I like to sit up front so that Abe can more easily make fun of me! (did you hear him at the next-to-last night's show? ;))

Glad you took the opportunity to "Get out there" and enjoy life instead of waiting for retirement like some. I also intend to "spend my children's inheritance, one cruise at a time!"

Jacquelyn, I only take one tab a day of Simvastatin. I mentioned (other) people stocking up on antibiotics and such on shore because the infirmary is expensive, and lots of folks were self-diagnosing themselves, particularly after "everyone" was sick.

Thanks for your maternal concern! ;) :D

Sue, had you shared "OMG" with anyone? You never sent *me* the photo, so I hope that it isn't lost forever!!!!!!!!!

Carol, I just loved taking this trip along with you. Thank you so much for all your photos and on board blog.

I was viewing your photos and noticed an icon at the bottom that looks like someone drinking from a fountain. Can you tell me what that is? I know it's a strange question, but I work for a water fountain company and it caught my eye.,

So glad you had a wonderful trip. It seems to truly be a trip of a lifetime. I wish I could take out all the other posts and just read yours so I can read it like a novel. Perhaps you should do that and publish it somewhere.

Where? :confused:

Patrick

Wow, that is fantastic, Patrick! How fortunate that you hadn't deleted them!!!!!!!

You are absolutely amazing.................even those of us with permanent CRS will be able to remember the people of our cruise, thanks to you and all of your hard work!

Archived