Live From The Diamond Princess Sydney-Auckland 01-05-09

Woobstr112G

Hi Bob, We got off of the DP in Sydney just as you got on. We were not ready to leave! We were on Dolphin deck. You are right about the steward! What does it take to get clean sheets? All in all it was a great experience. We discovered the Sterling steakhouse too late. It's 15 bucks extra, but well worth it! Sit up there about an hour before sunset you won't regret it. Great view! We missed it because it is a part of the Horizon court until 3pm.

We got independent tours in all the ports and had a great time for half the cost. Ask around for Sam in Tauranga (he is the young man with the new vehicle). Tell him 'hey' from the Christmas day people. Tell him you want the Christmas day tour! The train ride in Dunedin was....well...OK. I can check that off my list. Oh, and when you are in Christchurch get a van to take you to the wine district (an hour and a half drive from the ship)....start with Pegasus Bay and then go to Torlesse and try their Cassis liqueur. It's to die for! I regret that I only bought two 350ml bottles. Buy about six of the small bottles and give them out as gifts when yo get back. This is stuff you cannot get in the states.

Have fun!

Jim

Sorry for the delay. Accessing CC was real slow and I was burning up all my minutes trying to get on the site.

Yesterday we did a wildlife excursion in Duniden. Absolutley beautiful. Saw tons of seals. Even saw some penguins and some sheep that actually went on the beach near the penguins. Well worth the price. For dinner last night, we tried the Sterling Steak House. Food was fantastic. As With Sabatini's, go to Sterlings hubgry. Today DW was a little under the weather so we decided tro skip the excursion in Christchurch. Oh well, just gives us a reason to come back.

One question I remember seeing before I started this reply concerned internet access from the room. If yo have a laptop, it depends on where you are at. When we were on the emerald, I couldn't gt access inside the room, but wqas able to log on in the hallway.

Only a couple more days then it will be back to the daily grind. Hope all are well.

Bob

Hi all. Sorry for missing the last couple of days posting. Had trouble accessing CC from the ship. Just got home from a very long day. hard to believe it's over. If you take into account the international dateline on Saturday 17 January we were on a cruiseship, got off the cruiseship, shopped in Auckland New Zedaland, Flew half way around the world and arrived safely at home. I plan to write a review of our cruise as well as go over the approx. 1100 pictures I took and post them on my flickr site.

Hope all are well......

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Bob, glad you are home safely. I'll bet you are exhausted! Did you have trouble with the internet on other things as well, or just CC. I'm curious because I plan on taking my laptop as my means of communicating with family back home . We leave in 6 days for Sydney! Can't wait!

Bob, glad you are home safely. I'll bet you are exhausted! Did you have trouble with the internet on other things as well, or just CC. I'm curious because I plan on taking my laptop as my means of communicating with family back home . We leave in 6 days for Sydney! Can't wait!

Hi;

It was mainly accessing Cruise Critic. It was taking so much time, I was burning up all my minutes just waiting for the site to open up.

For the rest, I have started uploading the first pictures of the cruise to my flickr site. You can access it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/25882507@N08/

Hope All Are Well

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Archived