Wine allowance on Princess?

burm

Does Princess limit the number of bottles of wine you can board with?

Can you "politely" enter the dining room carrying a glass of your own wine?

The rules allow one bottle of wine or champange pp. If you do not flaunt it, more can be brought on and they don't say anything. Tucked some in carry on or a ladies purse. At each port we picked up a few bottles and carried them on.

Never tried bring a glass of wine into the dining room, as I'm sure I would spill it on the way there, just bought a bottle there and had the waiter take care of what we didn't drink that night.

Officially 1 bottle per person but it is not enforced.

You can carry a glass to dinner with no problem

Thanks. I did not notice an allowance on Princess' web site, only that wine is allowed. Celebrity allows 2 wine bottles per cabin and it seems to be more strictly enforced than on Princess. On a four day cruise it would be nice to take more.

I know that some areas is says 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person but notice that the cruise contract says only wine and champagne with no limits so that is what I will use and show the contract if necessary.

I know that some areas is says 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person but notice that the cruise contract says only wine and champagne with no limits so that is what I will use and show the contract if necessary.

It never hurts to be able to produce something in writing.

They USED to say 2 bottles of wine can be brought onboard. Now their FAQ's only say :

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop or at ports of call will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A member of our Security Staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your alcoholic beverage purchases.

It never hurts to be able to produce something in writing.

It also never hurts to be diplomatic in those situations and be nice to the people you are dealing with because the same contract you are using to argue your point also contains a clause allowing them to refuse passage to anyone they wish. Just a thought...

You bring the bottle or two of wine in your carry-on luggage? Not in the larger suitcase?

BC

I would definitely carry any wine on - I'd want to make sure it didn't end up all over my suitcase.

We frequently have a glass of wine before dinner, sometimes from our room and sometimes from the bar. If we don't finish, we take it to dinner with us. We take our own wine for our room and just call room service at the beginning of the cruise and ask for a half dozen wine glasses. When we run out, we ask for more. They are more than happy to bring them for you to use. If you bring your own wine, don't forget a corkscrew and topper for the wine. They will charge you a corkage fee if they have to open it for you. You can also bring your own bottle of wine to the dining room and they will serve you. Again, with a corkage fee.

I carried 8 bottles of wine on with me when we boarded in FL last month. We often carried glasses of wine into the dining room. The maitre'd would carry them for us to the dinner table and on some nights he even poured it into the larger (nicer) wine glasses that were set at the table.

Furthermore, we heard from many of our fellow passengers that they had purchased wine or liquor in most of the ports and carried the bottles with them onto the ship (and in many cases, were prepared to surrender them for storage if questioned) and had no problems carrying them to their cabins and were consuming it while on board.

So my question is, do you all bring your wine from home or do you buy it brfore you get on the ship?

If you bring it from home what is the best way to transport it? You can't carry it on the plane. If you buy it before you get on the ship where id the best place to get it? Do you think the shuttle would stop on the way to the ship?

I know this is a Princess thread, but do Royal Caribbean or the other lines allow you to bring wine aboard?

I had no problem bringing alcohol on Royal Caribbean. In fact the only line I've been on that I've seen them enforce not bringing alcohol on board is NCL.

So my question is, do you all bring your wine from home or do you buy it brfore you get on the ship?

If you bring it from home what is the best way to transport it? You can't carry it on the plane. If you buy it before you get on the ship where id the best place to get it? Do you think the shuttle would stop on the way to the ship?

We spent a week in FL before we boarded the ship. I shopped at Total Wine. It's a fabulous wine warehouse store. We used the one in Palm Beach Gardens because we were staying there, but I understand there is also a store close to Port Everglades. Google Total Wine and go to their website for locations.

If you are going directly from the airport to the ship, then you wouldn't have time. In that case I would wait and buy wine at the first port of call, or maybe pack a bottle or two in my suitcase.

Archived