Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

Would anyone be interested in a CC Group Cruise to Alaska on The Carnival Spirit?

I was thinking maybe July or August 2010 .. We have cruised Alaska twice now..First time was a Southbound cruise and the second was a R/T out of Vancouver..I think the one way cruise gives you more port time and is the better cruise..The ports of call would be Whittier,Sitka, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan and Vancouver with a glacial sailing of College Fjord and sailing the inside passage...The nice thing about a NB or SB cruise is your port time in Juneau..It allows you enough time to cruise Tracy Arm Via small boat that will you take right up close to the face of Sawyer Glacier...Someing only 25% of the large cruise ships are able to do.. If we did a R/T the ports of call would be Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Glacier Bay. This itinerary is nice but the weather is not the greatest that time of year(Sept)..

SOOOOOOO...anyone interested??..Come on..Alot of you have talked about seeing Alaska..You know you all want to go..:)

Kelly

my wife and 1 and 2 other couples would be interested as alaska is next on our list!

I like the r/t idea because of airline flights being easier to deal with and a little cheaper on roundtrips!

Yeah!..Thats 3 maybe 4 couples..:)

R/T out of Vancouver is very convenient..Its a nice airport to fly in and out of..IF you were wanting to do a post or pre cruise land trip a one way cruise would be better...R/T has alot of scenic sailing with Glacier Bay and the Inside passage twice..

Kelly

I'd be interested in the r/t in September. I've done this cruise once before on Spirit and have another one booked for Sept. 09.

Since I live so close to Vancouver, it's one of the few cruises I don't have to fly anywhere to do.

I'd be interested in the r/t in September. I've done this cruise once before on Spirit and have another one booked for Sept. 09.

Since I live so close to Vancouver, it's one of the few cruises I don't have to fly anywhere to do.

OOO another Alaska junkie.. and I mean that in the best way!...

Kelly

Heres a few motivational photos..:)

Imagine yourself sitting on your balcony taking in the wonders of Glacier Bay

2296167030041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

2955402420041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Or Whale watching in Juneau

2966645730041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Or Fishing in Ketchikan

2406431280041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

OR Exploring the Yukon in Skagway!

2193288510041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Note all of these photos were taken from the RT cruise out of Vancouver this past Sept..

Kelly

Would anyone be interested in a CC Group Cruise to Alaska on The Carnival Spirit?

I was thinking maybe July or August 2010 .. We have cruised Alaska twice now..First time was a Southbound cruise and the second was a R/T out of Vancouver..I think the one way cruise gives you more port time and is the better cruise..The ports of call would be Whittier,Sitka, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan and Vancouver with a glacial sailing of College Fjord and sailing the inside passage...The nice thing about a NB or SB cruise is your port time in Juneau..It allows you enough time to cruise Tracy Arm Via small boat that will you take right up close to the face of Sawyer Glacier...Someing only 25% of the large cruise ships are able to do.. If we did a R/T the ports of call would be Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Glacier Bay. This itinerary is nice but the weather is not the greatest that time of year(Sept)..

SOOOOOOO...anyone interested??..Come on..Alot of you have talked about seeing Alaska..You know you all want to go..:)

Kelly

Gotta say we had great good weather for the most part when we went last september. Glacier bay was sunny,Ketchichan was good for most of the day . It did rain in Juneau though .

Count so far

Kellywhitehills 2 couples

Cobraman 2 maybe 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

8 maybe 9 cabins....Sept is usually cheaper than July and ya all seem to like the RT airfare instead of open jawed??Is that what they call it??SOO it looks like SEPT...

Another photo for motivation :)

2078431910041872668S600x600Q85.jpg

SOOOOO anyone else??

Kelly...Since you have been, is one trip or the other or one time of year better to see the Whales???

In Alaska you will see whales no matter when you go in the season...When we went in July we did not do a whale watch but saw many humpbacks and orcas from our Balcony and when we did the Tracy Arm Tour...When we went in Sept we saw many humpbacks on our whale watching cruise..We were able to see the whales up close and had the luxury to sit and observe..There are several whale watching companies in Juneau all have a 100% guarantee of spotting whales...

Oooh DH and I would be interested in this as well! But I think Sept would be better for us....

BTW Hi Nutty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi girl! Maybe we could get a few others to go....Kelly might end up with a big group before she knows it! :DI have always wanted to do an Alaskan itinerary!!!

I have been to Alaska and can't wait to go back. My friend hasn't been and I would love to go in September 2010. We had an awesome experience with seeing the Whales in Juneau. Also the salmon are spawning so the bears are out trying to catch them something good to eat. I just loved it!!!!!

I pray you get enough people interested.

Woohooooooo!!!

In Alaska you will see whales no matter when you go in the season...When we went in July we did not do a whale watch but saw many humpbacks and orcas from our Balcony and when we did the Tracy Arm Tour...When we went in Sept we saw many humpbacks on our whale watching cruise..We were able to see the whales up close and had the luxury to sit and observe..There are several whale watching companies in Juneau all have a 100% guarantee of spotting whales...

Sounds fantastic! :)

Hi girl! Maybe we could get a few others to go....Kelly might end up with a big group before she knows it! :DI have always wanted to do an Alaskan itinerary!!!

We did it last year....but never again on that cruise line, when we do it again, we will do it right - CARNIVAL!!! :D

Archived