Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

Does Spirit have the permit to go right into Glacier Bay? We read that some cruise ships only sail past it but some have the permits to sail through it.

Thanks!

Yes they do..:) We cruised Glacier bay last Sept and it was AWESOME!...We were the only ship cruising Glacier Bay that day..

If you scroll back through this thread the Glacier shots I have posted were taken in Glacier Bay..

Kelly

Does Spirit have the permit to go right into Glacier Bay? We read that some cruise ships only sail past it but some have the permits to sail through it.

Thanks!

Hi Neighbor

I think you were the one asking for the itinerary

Here it is..

Vancouver BC 5.30pm

Cruise the Inside Passage

Juneau, AK 2:00pm to 11:00pm

Cruise Glacier Bay

Skagway, AK 7:00am to 4:30pm

Ketchikan, AK 11:00am to 7:00pm

Cruise the Inside Passage

Vancouver, BC 7:00am

Kelly

Yes they do..:) We cruised Glacier bay last Sept and it was AWESOME!...We were the only ship cruising Glacier Bay that day..

If you scroll back through this thread the Glacier shots I have posted were taken in Glacier Bay..

Kelly

Oh good! That is exciting! I see Anchorage is not on this Itin. I used to live in Anchorage 26 years ago (for only 9 months).

What about the airline you use? I will go look at your pics and show my DH, he seems excited about the thought of this one. Just waiting on price and the deposit amounts. I will want a balcony for this one!

Oh good! That is exciting! I see Anchorage is not on this Itin. I used to live in Anchorage 26 years ago (for only 9 months).

What about the airline you use? I will go look at your pics and show my DH, he seems excited about the thought of this one. Just waiting on price and the deposit amounts. I will want a balcony for this one!

We flew with Alaska Air Lines..R/t to Vancouver was 332 bucks per person last Sept...Not to shabby..:)..I think for 50 more bucks you could upgrade to first class at the airport..

Yes you will want a balcony..Its the only way to go as far as i am concerned...

Kelly

WOW You look awesome!! Congratulations! What is the difference between Gastric BP and Lap Band? Or is there one?

I keep watching for the pricing! What airline and airport do you usually fly from over here to get up to Vancouver? I hate dealing with LAX! I love Long Beach!! Easy airport to get in and out of.

GP restricts how much you can eat and what you can eat..LB just restricts how much you can eat..For me GP was the way to go because of the amount of weight I had to lose..So far its been amazingly easy..I guess I was just ready for a lifestyle change..

Airports..We have flown out of LAX because it always had the best fare..I myself love flying out of Santa Ana or Ontario which is a stones throw from the house....Ive never tried Long Beach..But I will take your word on it!!!

Kellywhitehills 2 couples

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

HeidenLauren 2 maybe 3 cabins

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

MargaritavilleMomma 2 cabins

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

You can count us in. Add two more couples to the list. The Mrs and I always cruise in September and wanted to do Alaska. Now we have some good folks to do it with. Yeah!!!!!

WHOO HOO!

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

Wow, the list is really growing! Can't wait to see prices :D

Kelli - you look awesome girl!!!!

YES OUR GROUP IS GROWING!!

Thank you!..I feel great and even up to a little glacier trekking..:)

I dont think I told you but..I grew up with Dobermans in the house..My mom bred them and when I got old enough I showed them..

Kelly

Would anyone be interested in a CC Group Cruise to Alaska on The Carnival Spirit?

I was thinking maybe July or August 2010 .. We have cruised Alaska twice now..First time was a Southbound cruise and the second was a R/T out of Vancouver..I think the one way cruise gives you more port time and is the better cruise..The ports of call would be Whittier,Sitka, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan and Vancouver with a glacial sailing of College Fjord and sailing the inside passage...The nice thing about a NB or SB cruise is your port time in Juneau..It allows you enough time to cruise Tracy Arm Via small boat that will you take right up close to the face of Sawyer Glacier...Someing only 25% of the large cruise ships are able to do.. If we did a R/T the ports of call would be Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Glacier Bay. This itinerary is nice but the weather is not the greatest that time of year(Sept)..

SOOOOOOO...anyone interested??..Come on..Alot of you have talked about seeing Alaska..You know you all want to go..:)

Kelly

July or August both work for us! September is not possible. We'd love to join :=) Either 1 way or round trip is A-Ok.

I'm just guessing that group rates are cheaper? We qualify for past guest and miltary both.

Put me & my family down for Summer 2010 for 1 cabin!! (Too bad it's not this July! I'm ready to go now!)

Put the sixgun and chevellet on the list, She has always wanted to take me to Alaska so we would love the info.

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

Gastric By Pass..I finally got to the point where I was tired of not being able to do anything and did something about it..To date I have lost about 165 pounds and 9 sizes since the end of April..

Heres a shot of me about 3 weeks after surgery..My boys took us the the Long Beach Aquarium for Mothers day..

2313361280041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

and heres a shot of me taken just before Thanksgiving..I have lost 1 more size since then..

2731909920041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Congrats on the weight loss , I am thinking about the lap band procdure myself... time will tell

Cathy

Kelly you skipped us. :confused:

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

Kelly you skipped us. :confused:

WHOOPS!..See I cant listen to YouTube and read CC at the same time..

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

Candleshoe

I dont think I told you but..I grew up with Dobermans in the house..My mom bred them and when I got old enough I showed them..

Kelly

No kidding? Aren't they awesome? I used to have two. I lost my 12 year old in Feb 2007 and my 9 year old (in the picture) last November to cancer. Both were red females.

Last week I rescued got a blue male from the SPCA. He is a lover and someone must have been heartbroken when they turned him in :( Needs a bit of training but he is great dog :D

I'm excited about this cruise and can't wait to meet everyone!

Archived