allergic to coconut

junebug60

I can't have coconut... First cruise for me... is there a list that can tell me what is in each drink they make... i heard they hand you one on and off the ship. Just want to make myself aware of which ones i cant drink.

Coconut is not just in the drinks on a ship.

I have never seen any list. I have also had the same named drink made very different by several bartenders.

You are better off going right to the bar yourself and telling the bartender you can not have coconut. The bars are right in the same rooms as the venues.

Do not rely on the Bar Servers to remember.

You are going to have to talk to your Head Waiter the first night you go to the dining room. Ask your waiter to have him/her sent to your table right away and why.

There are many things made with coconut and he will go over the menu with you every single night to make sure that you do not choose any of these items.

Do not eat any of the cookies/desserts on the ship unless you know what is in them.

Even the regular food has coconut in some of it.

...is there a list that can tell me what is in each drink they make... i heard they hand you one on and off the ship.

You heard they hand you a drink each time you leave and board the ship? Is that what you meant? If so, not true so not to worry. ;) Royal Caribbean does not do that.

Excellent advice given above, and of course a reminder to take your Epi pen with you.

You'll have a great time, cruising is so much fun!

You heard they hand you a drink each time you leave and board the ship? Is that what you meant? If so, not true so not to worry. ;) Royal Caribbean does not do that.

Excellent advice given above, and of course a reminder to take your Epi pen with you.

You'll have a great time, cruising is so much fun!

I am glad you read better than me. I thought she meant a list of drinks. :D

I too am allergic to coconut. A lot of the desserts have coconut on the top. Just tell your server at the dinnertime and he will advise you if the coconut is there.

I've had no problems. One of the things is flavoured milk in coffee. Most contain coconut oil. And also popcorn that you get at the movies.

After they hand you that "free" drink (in the fancy glass) on day one outside the Windjammer Cafe, they will ask for your cruise card. Cogratulations, you just paid $8 or $9 for the drink of the day in o foofoo glass.

I can't have coconut... First cruise for me... is there a list that can tell me what is in each drink they make... i heard they hand you one on and off the ship. Just want to make myself aware of which ones i cant drink.

I thought I was the only one. I got flamed here when Rhapsody had only coconut cookies in the buffet, so I never bothered to explain that Im allergic.

I cant have anything with coconut oil, coconut milk, heart of palm, anything from a palm tree. Im afraid of ordering most mixed drinks too. Stick with margaritas rather than have to always ask what's in a drink and then find out it has coconut milk or whatever.

I too am allergic to coconut. A lot of the desserts have coconut on the top. Just tell your server at the dinnertime and he will advise you if the coconut is there.

I've had no problems. One of the things is flavoured milk in coffee. Most contain coconut oil. And also popcorn that you get at the movies.

Yes, I even got sensitive to chocolate chip cookies. Forget which major brand, they used coconut oil, I could taste it first bite and stay away from them now. I can smell it now, Im so sensitive to it.

I went through a caffeine sensitive phase..... I stopped coffee, tea and chocolate too for about 3 years..... I can now take chocolate but I stay clear of coffee as I'm still sensitive.... Have to be really careful to insist on that and I can always tell when they've said it's decaf and it isn't.... shortly after..... I itch..... really bad....

This is why I NEVER have a mixed drink. I am very allergic to strawberries. Even touching them, I have a very bad reaction. And cruises use strawberries everywhere. On nights that they have the grand buffets I can only look as there are strawberries on everything. But everything sure looks nice.

Laura

I would also stay away from ANY drink mixed in a blender to avoid cross contamination issues.

I agree. Many of the frozen/blended drinks onboard contain coconut. And while they do wash the container between drinks, I would hate for the OP to accidentally get a little bit.

Archived