Ruby Dry Cleaning Service

rcacace

There is NO dry cleaning service available on the Ruby Princess. Although it still remains in the laundry form there is no promise of any alternate dry cleaning service to forthcoming in the future either. This info is per 2 different cabin stewards.

There is NO dry cleaning service available on the Ruby Princess. Although it still remains in the laundry form there is no promise of any alternate dry cleaning service to forthcoming in the future either. This info is per 2 different cabin stewards.

Can I assume that you are on board right now and you have receved this info directly? If so please ask them about the new eco friendly "wet" dry cleaning service.

Thanking you in advance

Ron

Dry cleaning, as most of us know it, which produces toxic chemicals has never been available on the Ruby. Their system is the the new wet "dry cleaning". We saw the machine on the Ultimate Ships tour and the Director of the Laundry services assured us, the results were excellent. It does use water "just a little" is what he told us! We were told the ships are not able to dispose of the chemicals from the dry cleaning process.

If someone sent dry cleaning and it turned out great, then I guess he was right!

Donna

Dry cleaning, as most of us know it, which produces toxic chemicals has never been available on the Ruby. Their system is the the new wet "dry cleaning". We saw the machine on the Ultimate Ships tour and the Director of the Laundry services assured us, the results were excellent. It does use water "just a little" is what he told us! We were told the ships are not able to dispose of the chemicals from the dry cleaning process.

If someone sent dry cleaning and it turned out great, then I guess he was right!

Donna

Well RCACACE, I guess you were technically correct with your post of no dry cleaning - and - your room steward was correct - however - you might want to go up a step and inquire about their new "eco friendly" wet/dry cleaning system and report back again, but please don't scare people with potential misinformation.

Thanking you in advance.

Your friend - Ron

Ron

Hi!

My husband and I just returned from the January 17th sailing of the Ruby Princess. This was our first cruise as Elite cruisers, and we had several items dry cleaned. Maybe it was technically a different process, but the items came out perfectly. In fact, the laundry form actually said "dry cleaning".

The cruise was excellent, and we found the food, service, and entertainment to be great!

Reggie

Sorry for yesterday's post about the elimination of dry cleaning. I was told this by 2 different cabin stewards but after checking with the Captain's Circle host later in the day she informed me that although they discontinued the old "dry cleaning" service it has been replaced with a newer type of cleaning. The prices have remained the same. It anoyed me that these 2 cabin stewards didn't tell me about the replacement. I have to check back with the Captain's host about any rummors concerning the reduction of the Elite laundry perk. Lets hope not. ;)

Sorry for yesterday's post about the elimination of dry cleaning. I was told this by 2 different cabin stewards but after checking with the Captain's Circle host later in the day she informed me that although they discontinued the old "dry cleaning" service it has been replaced with a newer type of cleaning. The prices have remained the same. It anoyed me that these 2 cabin stewards didn't tell me about the replacement. I have to check back with the Captain's host about any rummors concerning the reduction of the Elite laundry perk. Lets hope not. ;)

Well you certainly scared a lot of folks with your initial post! Whenever I have a problem on board I usually go to the CC host first - they have a way of correcting problems and clearing up misconceptions that cannot be had from any one else (well, maybe the captain, but he would be dIfficult to get a private audience with).

After reading your openr\er and Raydons post I was starting to think we were in the parrallel world syndrome again.

Ron

There IS a new toxic free "dry/wet" cleaning system for items that cannot be laundered normally (suits, etc) on ALL of the Princess ships including the Tahitian and Pacific. How do I know?? I just recieved a call from "Jeff" the laundry guy in Santa Clarita as a result of an email I sent to the Ruby Princess. He explained that normal dry cleaning items are now hand washed and hand ironed with this new system. It is also still available free for "elite" passengers.

Ron

Sorry for yesterday's post about the elimination of dry cleaning. I was told this by 2 different cabin stewards but after checking with the Captain's Circle host later in the day she informed me that although they discontinued the old "dry cleaning" service it has been replaced with a newer type of cleaning. The prices have remained the same. It anoyed me that these 2 cabin stewards didn't tell me about the replacement. I have to check back with the Captain's host about any rummors concerning the reduction of the Elite laundry perk. Lets hope not. ;)[/

Thank you for your apologetic response - please read my latest post on the subject. There is and never was such a thing as dry cleaning - they have simply converted to a much more eco friendly system. Research is a wonderful thing!

Ron

I also spoke with Captains Circle host about the rummon concerning the either elimination (or reduction) of laundry service for Elite as had been reported from the Emerald Princess & she has heard nothing about it. At least that seems to be a protected perk to the time being.

Caribill ....in response to your post ....a Brand New pair of ladies jogging trousers had shrunk and 2 T shirts had gone up in size (Baggy)... how this happened when the other clothes were fine we have no idea.....Princess however have offered to compensate us for the damage to the clothing...:)

Archived