Hotel Question

Oceangoer2

:confused: We've just booked Embassy Suites, 17th St, FLL. We stayed at an ES before and it was right beside a railway track. Anyone know if this one on 17th is a different ES? I asked when I booked, but sometimes little white 'fibs' are made by some hoteliers. Any help you can provide is quite appreciated.

:confused: We've just booked Embassy Suites, 17th St, FLL. We stayed at an ES before and it was right beside a railway track. Anyone know if this one on 17th is a different ES? I asked when I booked, but sometimes little white 'fibs' are made by some hoteliers. Any help you can provide is quite appreciated.

We have used Hampton inn and Hilton Garden inn nearby. On 'tripadvisor.com' do search on your Embassy to get traveler reviews that will alert to any major problems. Good Luck

We've stayed there twice within the last 60 days and have two more stays within the next 60 days (cruise-related)

We love the place and haven't heard of any trains being nearby.

Ask for a room on the east side and you can overlook the port and the cruise ships coming and going.

We've stayed there twice within the last 60 days and have two more stays within the next 60 days (cruise-related)

Ask for a room on the east side and you can overlook the port and the cruise ships coming and going.

Thanks....nothing like a personal opinion of one who has been there.

Would you mind providing a general price for it? We stayed at the Comfort Suites around the corner from Embassy, and it looked like a nice spot. Is it more expensive than something like Comfort? This year we paid $93 Can. but last year paid $87 Can. I would expect that U.S.$ would be about $75? Thanks. Both times our trip was at the end of November.

I was hoping to book the Embassy Suites, but it was sold out for the night we needed (March 14). We ended up at the Holiday Inn Express in Plantation. It should be fine for one night--but I really wanted to be closer to the water taxis. We'll make do.

The Embassy Suites is in a great location. There are no train tracks near it.

You must be remembering the Embassy Suites by the railroad tracks on Cypress Creek Road in north Fort Lauderdale. It was converted a few yrs ago to the Sheraton Suites. The one on 17th St. is a block away from the port, and less than a mile from the ocean. It is very nice. There are railroad tracks about a mile west.

Would you mind providing a general price for it? We stayed at the Comfort Suites around the corner from Embassy, and it looked like a nice spot. Is it more expensive than something like Comfort? This year we paid $93 Can. but last year paid $87 Can. I would expect that U.S.$ would be about $75? Thanks. Both times our trip was at the end of November.

Depends on the time of year, but I can tell you, this room at the Embassy Suites is going to cost me on 2/21 for a double room, east view $294 US! This is not one of the lower priced hotels and definitely not one of the higher end. Celebrity itself has quoted a lower price ($306 Cdn). If you can get a room under $100 (or even under $200) at that time of year, you should book quickly. If I had booked directly with the hotel much earlier this year, the room would not have been quite so high.

You must be remembering the Embassy Suites by the railroad tracks on Cypress Creek Road in north Fort Lauderdale. It was converted a few yrs ago to the Sheraton Suites. The one on 17th St. is a block away from the port, and less than a mile from the ocean. It is very nice. There are railroad tracks about a mile west.

Thanks so much. When you mentioned Cypress Creek Rd it rang a bell....that's where Princess lines recommended. It was okay, but really tired.

Depends on the time of year, but I can tell you, this room at the Embassy Suites is going to cost me on 2/21 for a double room, east view $294 US! This is not one of the lower priced hotels and definitely not one of the higher end. Celebrity itself has quoted a lower price ($306 Cdn). If you can get a room under $100 (or even under $200) at that time of year, you should book quickly. If I had booked directly with the hotel much earlier this year, the room would not have been quite so high.

Thanks for the information. You are correct. My sister tried Comfort Suites for Feb. 12 and the cheapest online cost was $250 U.S. :eek: This is high travel period I gather. But given the economy, it certainly puts paid to the idea that people are not travelling! If they were not, then the prices would certainly drop.

Thanks for the information. You are correct. My sister tried Comfort Suites for Feb. 12 and the cheapest online cost was $250 U.S. :eek: This is high travel period I gather. But given the economy, it certainly puts paid to the idea that people are not travelling! If they were not, then the prices would certainly drop.

Guess it's we Canadian's helping the US economy. It's so ruddy cold up here, we'll pay the price (even though we ARE cautious with our $$'s). FYI....just rebooked the Embassy Suites directly with Celebrity for a much better price than the hotel charges. If you're cruising and booking a room late, I recommend you call their air/hotel people to book. They block out rooms early and get better prices.

Feb 12th is a Thursday night. I would expect that you should be able to do much better than $250 for a hotel much nicer than a Comfort Suites even without using Priceline or Hotwire. Did you try the Hyatt Place using http://www.valuetrips.com to book?

Feb 12th is a Thursday night. I would expect that you should be able to do much better than $250 for a hotel much nicer than a Comfort Suites even without using Priceline or Hotwire. Did you try the Hyatt Place using www.valuetrips.com to book?

No she did not; I will pass it on.

Guess it's we Canadian's helping the US economy. It's so ruddy cold up here, we'll pay the price (even though we ARE cautious with our $$'s). FYI....just rebooked the Embassy Suites directly with Celebrity for a much better price than the hotel charges. If you're cruising and booking a room late, I recommend you call their air/hotel people to book. They block out rooms early and get better prices.

I did not know that. I have used Celebrity's transfers before, but never even thought of checking out their hotel prices; I just assumed they would be even more than anyone else's. Thanks.

We've stayed at your hotel. It was very nice. We checked in late and they didn't charge us for the parking (normally $10). Lots of dining options and you can cimply walk down the hill and then up onto a bridge to have a wonderful view of the ships. There is a Walgreens, a liquor store, a USPS and other ammenities witihin a block or so.

I've always found Celebrity's prices to be high so I'm surprised to hear that. They quote per person what we normally pay per room.

Archived