Is Aqua Class worth it?

Linco711

Another nice perk was the complimentary spa treatment that was offered on Thursday evening. There was a menu of 4 "mini" treatments offered, including a massage and a facial. Very nice!

Totally agree with you on Blu - what a delight! Can't wait til the next time. :D

How did you happen to get the complementary spa treatment? :confused:

Sorry for the delay..#1521 was a very quiet room for us..never heard a peep from above.

The cuisine is most definitely not "haute cuisine" and certainly not diet. Just good food. Steak was available every night. The lamp chops were wonderful. The tuna on the first night was first rate..and for lobster night on that Friday, my DH had 3 servings..as did the gentleman sitting at the next table..Our wonderful waiter Armando was happy to bring out whatever we wanted.

We only saw one couple complain, that was an English couple of men where they ordered a filet mignon well done..C'mon, who orders that cut of beef well done?

Desserts were wonderful..and certainly not dietetic. One night I wanted cheesecake and Armando was able to rustle up a healthy portion from that back. Delicious.

Totally agree with you on Blu - what a delight! Can't wait til the next time. :D

How did you happen to get the complementary spa treatment? :confused:

Hi,

Gosh, I don't think we just 'happened' to get them..., there was a notice and flier sent to our room that offered a menu of mini treatments to select from. I assumed it was a regular perk in AC. I know we weren't the only ones getting them, as the couple at the table next to us was discussing the selections and times with us.

It was a limited offering -- in the sense that it was just for that one evening, all treatments had to be scheduled and taken between specified hours.

CM

We spend a lot of time out on our balcony. We've been in afts, humps and regular categories. :) Can anyone tell me if the balcony furniture is the same in AQ, CC and regular verandah staterooms on the Solstice? I like the photos of the adjustable back chairs with ottomans!

Thank you!

I think I'm right in saying that AQ and CC cabins have the ottoman and other balcony cabins do not. I'm in an SV in November and understand those balconies don't have an ottoman.

Phil

[quote=excitedofharpenden;18054934. I'm in an SV in November and understand those balconies don't have an ottoman.

Phil

Have a great cruise Phil. We enjoyed Solstice. :)

Gosh, I don't think we just 'happened' to get them..., there was a notice and flier sent to our room that offered a menu of mini treatments to select from. I assumed it was a regular perk in AC. I know we weren't the only ones getting them, as the couple at the table next to us was discussing the selections and times with us.

We were on the 11/30 sailing and there was no such offer for us. Wonder if this is a standard offering now? :confused:

We were on the 11/30 sailing and there was no such offer for us. Wonder if this is a standard offering now? :confused:

There was no indication on the flier we received, and certainly nothing from the spa personnel, that this was a unique offering. Our supposition was/is that it is part of the Aqua Class experience.

CM

We got free 20 minute treatments on our cruise..It was a first to book first to be served kind of thing. There was a flier left to all Aqua Class guests in their stateroom. It was for a time when all treatments were not booked and personnel were free..It was a way in my supposition to keep the staff working and receive tips at the very least

I had a mini rose facial and DH had a hot stone massage.

I'm a bit curious about those who mention the "steam-free" mirror in the bathroom. I can attest that our mirror in 1507 steamed up if I opened the shower doors too soon after turning off the water.

For a steam free mirror at home just apply some car polish to the mirror, allow to dry then buff off with a dry cloth. Works a treat:)

Another item to pack along with the duct tape et al;)

Phil

We got free 20 minute treatments on our cruise..It was a first to book first to be served kind of thing. There was a flier left to all Aqua Class guests in their stateroom. It was for a time when all treatments were not booked and personnel were free..It was a way in my supposition to keep the staff working and receive tips at the very least

I had a mini rose facial and DH had a hot stone massage.

That sounds lovely. We are in AQ in June. Question- when did you get the flyer(1st day, middle of the week)? How did you manage to get the treatments in your cabin? ??"time when treatnents were not booked" was this hit & miss or an actual schedule.?

Thanks

Carole

I think I'm right in saying that AQ and CC cabins have the ottoman and other balcony cabins do not. I'm in an SV in November and understand those balconies don't have an ottoman.

Phil

Thank you, Phil. We will miss the ottomans, but the chairs look very comfortable.

• 4 years later...

I didn't read all of the replies. I didn't see what ship you are on or how many days or if that $700 is each.

If it is a M class AQ is not worth it as the Persain Gardens on those ships are not at all like the S class. The balconies don't have the foot stool either.

If it is a S class and for 14 days that is $25 pp per day of the $700 is the toatl difference. That is about the most that I would pay for AQ and that is pushing it. Blu is nice for for breakfast but we found that the Aqua Spa Cafe is sufficient. The Persian Garden is nice but I don't think anyone would use it every day. It does get a little boring after using a few times.

The cabin perks may be worth it but you hardly notice them. It all depends on what you value.

There was no indication on the flier we received, and certainly nothing from the spa personnel, that this was a unique offering. Our supposition was/is that it is part of the Aqua Class experience.

CM

So happy you received this perk, we cruised in Aqua Class numerous times,:) the latest being in April and this was never offered. Hope they offer it again in the spring for our next Aqua Class cruise.

Wow, this is an old thread. I did notice that there are offers of various kinds, especially spa offers and specialty restaurants, (but nothing free) put in the AQ staterooms on the Eclipse last

Feb. I would not pay $700 more than CC for AQ. Depends on the prices and what you are prepared to pay. AQ has nice benefits and we love Blu. But you really need to look carefully at the floor above you and see what is there. I have been in 1567 and 1521 and they were fine. I liked 1521 better because it was close to the relaxation lounge and did not have the huge overhang on the balcony. We are in 1535 next month, under the accu-puncture rooms. We will see how it is.

Wow, this is an old thread. I did notice that there are offers of various kinds, especially spa offers and specialty restaurants, (but nothing free) put in the AQ staterooms on the Eclipse last

Feb. I would not pay $700 more than CC for AQ. Depends on the prices and what you are prepared to pay. AQ has nice benefits and we love Blu. But you really need to look carefully at the floor above you and see what is there. I have been in 1567 and 1521 and they were fine. I liked 1521 better because it was close to the relaxation lounge and did not have the huge overhang on the balcony. We are in 1535 next month, under the accu-puncture rooms. We will see how it is.

I would imagine that they would be very quiet.

This will be our second time in an Aqua class cabin. We will be on the Summit on 8/25.

Blu is one of the reasons we booked Aqua again. It is a beautiful restaurant that serves fantastic food. We did see chuldren dining with their families. They were well behaved and were certainly no bother to the surrounding tables. But, they were there!

Archived