Noise from dining room above cabin?

ryane369

Hi, can someone please tell me if I'll have a problem with noise from chairs being moved in the dining room above my cabin?

Room 2432 on the Triumph.

Thank you.

I have heard that in the morning and afternoon. But later on in the day it is not as bad. Hope this helps?

Thank you for your relpies. My only option is on the main deck under the galley or dining area. Seems that the cabin below the main dining area will be the better option.

Thanks again!:)

I think that will be a good choice.

• 4 weeks later...

If those are your only choices, I'd take a cabin below the dining room. We were below a galley once. Never again. They were doing RiverDance with chafing dishes on their feet at 5:00am, I swear.

I wouldn't worry about noise from the DR at NIGHT, but would be concerned about disturbances from preparation for breakfast. It's gotta be better than the galley, though.

We were below a galley once. Never again. They were doing RiverDance with chafing dishes on their feet at 5:00am, I swear.

That River Dance troupe were also on the cruise where we were below the galley. Do they travel from ship to ship or were you also on the Coral Princess when they entertained you?

We always pick our cabins by observing what will be above us. We met a couple on a Bermuda cruise in 2005 that had a "conscierge suite" on a top level of the ship. The only problem, it was just below the ships "lido" deck. At night there was dancing, singing, stomping going on until 1 am. Their "conscierge suite" was right below that. They weren't even able to just hang around in their rooms until the party was over, as the noise was so loud, never mind going to sleep. Choose wisely!

Archived