Anyone else have awesome hair on cruises?

AmberMarie

My hair is the most manageable and soft and shiny when I'm on a cruise. I REALLY noticed it a few weeks ago on the Carnival Ecstasy. I'm assuming it's because the water is filtered... so I wonder if any of those shower filter/purification systems really work? Any input?

I have no explanation... but my hair is always awful on a cruise! I've even started bringing my own shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, and other essentials!

I figure it has to do with being outside, too much humidity, eating and drinking differently, etc.

If someone can help me, I would be thrilled! :D

Happy cruising and great hair days to everyone!

VB1

My hair is the most manageable and soft and shiny when I'm on a cruise. I REALLY noticed it a few weeks ago on the Carnival Ecstasy. I'm assuming it's because the water is filtered... so I wonder if any of those shower filter/purification systems really work? Any input?

Never noticed any improvement. My hair is always an absolute horror.

I wonder if it's because I usually cruise in September and this time it was in January? I never thought of it until now. But, really, my hair was great. Usually it gets flat and tangled really easily.

Anyone ever get the shower purification system put on their shower head?

Oh, yeah, and I also bring my own shampoo and spray in conditioner.

It's a direct result of the number of drinks with little paper umbrella's you consume. :D

I'll have to start my day with those, then.

The water is soft....too soft for me. My hair is already fine enough and the soft water makes it so much harder to style. I have reached the point where it doesn't matter as much to me, I buy far fewer photographs from the studio.

So no, my hair is not awesome on a cruise :(

My super fine hair doesn't curl at all anyway, so I think the soft water combined with filtered water makes it straighten super straight and sleek, so that may be why it worked for me...

lhanson which shower purification system did you buy?

Hi Amber,

We have a Nikken shower head in both our bathrooms.

The filter in them removes all the clorine and here in Fl they also put ammonia in the water and all the other junk.

I can not say enough good things about this filter Love it.:)

Leigh

My hair loved the filtered water and humidity on our Caribbean cruise last week. I brought my own shampoo so that was no difference. But my hair curled up nicely, not out of control. The first formal night pictures looked great! And it was warm enough that I didn't even need to dry my hair after washing - it was completely natural, just comb and go!

My husband calls me Fifi the poodle on cruises...:confused:Wild hair is an understatment. LPT:eek:

Oh no...now I am nervous! Guess I will be bringing lots of product for my craziness...seriously, I can't even brush it or it turns into a poofy mess! Only a wide tooth comb on wet hair for me!

I have very almost babyfine hair but that does not mean it's thin, I use my own products, appliances from home and I get pancake flat hair with no volume because of the softness of the water. Haven't found a dressing to give body that I'm happy with yet. It's also hard to figure out what may work in soft water since we have hard water at home,:confused:

I have really, really thick hair that is also somewhat wavy... it looks better on cruises than at home. It is curlier and a little bigger (I am a member of the "I Love My Big and Out of Control Hair" club) but has a better movement to it, somehow.

The best hair I EVER had was on vacation in Islamorada (FL Keys)...we had lazy mornings, SCUBA'd every afternoon, came back, washed up, and headed to dinner. Every picture of my hair from that whole vacation it looks like model hair! It makes me want to move to Florida.

Yeah, for some reason my hair is always magazine perfect on cruises- even in the Caribbean where it's hot and humid. I'm a sucker for those onboard pictures the ship's photogs take and the fact that my hair looks perfect doesn't help the pocketbook. I don't know what to attribute it to except maybe the clean air and sun. I always take my usual S&C so it isn't that.

Archived