Best-kept secrets aboard the Majesty?

Cinderellie

I promise you - I was in that room and there's no obstruction. Pics to come this weekend!

Yes on the Fridge.

Cannot answer you about the disco noise in the room. My BGF and I were in there dancing every night until they made us go to our room! :p

One thing I found weird on the Majesty was the fact that there were no wash cloths in the bathroom. Only hand and bath towels. I use a wash cloth to wash my face and had to use the hand towel instead.....maybe just me but I found it odd. :rolleyes:
Did you have wash cloths when you last sailed?

[quote name='hon2u']I promise you - I was in that room and there's no obstruction. Pics to come this weekend!

Yes on the Fridge.

Cannot answer you about the disco noise in the room. My BGF and I were in there dancing every night until they made us go to our room! :p

One thing I found weird on the Majesty was the fact that there were no wash cloths in the bathroom. Only hand and bath towels. I use a wash cloth to wash my face and had to use the hand towel instead.....maybe just me but I found it odd. :rolleyes:
Did you have wash cloths when you last sailed?[/QUOTE]
Great news about the view! Do you see water when you look out from your cabin or is it just a railing?
I can't remember about the wash clothes. You're not the first one who's commented about that.
We're night owls too, so I doubt the disco's going to bother us.
I'm in Lancaster, SC.. where are you in NC?

[quote name='AWinkler']Great news about the view! Do you see water when you look out from your cabin or is it just a railing?
I can't remember about the wash clothes. You're not the first one who's commented about that.
We're night owls too, so I doubt the disco's going to bother us.
I'm in Lancaster, SC.. where are you in NC?[/quote]

TomandJane commented about the staff being in this spot.
We were lucky I suppose - never saw a crew members smoking in our secret spot. I did open the curtain one morning to find a nice gentleman sitting in one of the chairs writing in his journal but that didn't bother me.
Never saw anyone else there again.

Waterview

I live in God's Country - Chapel Hill - GO HEELS!!! :)

[quote name='hon2u']TomandJane commented about the staff being in this spot.
We were lucky I suppose - never saw a crew members smoking in our secret spot. I did open the curtain one morning to find a nice gentleman sitting in one of the chairs writing in his journal but that didn't bother me.
Never saw anyone else there again.

Waterview

I live in God's Country - Chapel Hill - GO HEELS!!! :)[/quote]

Hi Hon2u - We're closer to Wake Forest country - I bet you enjoyed the game earlier this week when the right shade of blue won!

About wash cloths, if you use more than a couple a day, you may want to ask ahead of time for extra. We did, but was told we couldnt' get more than 2 a day, but could get extra hand towels - go figure!

I believe we found that secret spot walking down from deck 10 on the aft outside stairs. I also like the lounge on deck 9 (the pasta cafe at night) - nice forward views and the lounge on deck 5 forward (again, nice forward views).

Have a great trip!

[quote name='Lyman713']Hi Hon2u - We're closer to Wake Forest country - I bet you enjoyed the game earlier this week when the right shade of blue won!

[COLOR=Red]LOVED THE GAME!!!! It was awesome. :D :D :D
Are you a Deacons fan? If so I bet you loved the game back in January when the Decs won the game against my beloved Tarheels. I loved it when Wake beat Duke a couple of weeks ago!!!! Actually, I LOVE IT when anyone beat Duke~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]I have tickets for the UNC vs NC State game next Wednesday....should be fun!![/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

About wash cloths, if you use more than a couple a day, you may want to ask ahead of time for extra. We did, but was told we couldnt' get more than 2 a day, but could get extra hand towels - go figure!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]I just thought it odd![/COLOR] :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

I believe we found that secret spot walking down from deck 10 on the aft outside stairs. I also like the lounge on deck 9 (the pasta cafe at night) - nice forward views and the lounge on deck 5 forward (again, nice forward views).

[COLOR=Red]Yeppers all great![/COLOR]

Have a great trip![/quote]
[COLOR=Red]
Enjoy the games and and your valentine this weekend![/COLOR]

[quote name='coaster']If you are a ship buff, you can see the outline of her past on her funnel. Majesty Cruise Line is able to be seen under layers of paint. Another fun thing is to detect where her midsection was inserted when she was stretched in the late 90's. They did a great job with her lengthening at Meyer Werft and it is very difficult to detect.[/quote]

My husband found the outline on the funnel but I don't think he looked for the insert. That will be something to look for on the next trip.

[quote name='AWinkler']LOL.. Glad you came back to see my post! Please email me at [EMAIL="awinkler00@yahoo.com"]awinkler00@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] if you want to tell me more. I'm so excited. We've sailed Majesty twice. First cabin on Deck 3 and 2nd cruise, deck 6. We really liked that cabin and were planning on staying in it again, but I just know we'll love this more. Please do send or post pictures. My TA kept saying that there's a 20% view obstruction, but I told her what you'd written about a "wide open view." Even if it is obstructed, no biggie to me. You had a fridge, right? Thanks again for the great tip!! It's totally renewed my excitement for this cruise.

Were you ever bothered by the sound of the door next to the cabin being opened and shut? What about the gym below? That's near the disco.. Any problems with that noise?[/quote]

I just emailed the pictures. Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy my room...when is your cruise?

[quote name='AWinkler']Hey iheart.. what do you think about my cabin choice?? Where do you like to stay?[/quote]

OT but...I know exactly where you are since I go by there a lot there to my favorite place. Yes, that can be almost like having you own little spot.

We like low and mid-ship in case there's any rough seas so we stay on 4. The other deck that I would consider is 6. We had a fairly rough ride home last year and someone from the roll call on deck 9 had their TV crash but ours stayed put.
Our main reason for deck 4 is it's the most convenient for getting off and on in Bermuda. The gangway is located on deck 3 so it's much easier, and faster, to walk down or up one deck than wait with masses for the elevator, especially when coming back on. Since the Majesty is small, NOTHING is far away, so we like to take the stairs as much as possible to counteract any overindulging in food, especially after being to Le Bistro.:p

[quote name='iheartbda-']OT but...I know exactly where you are since I go by there a lot there to my favorite place. Yes, that can be almost like having you own little spot.

We like low and mid-ship in case there's any rough seas so we stay on 4. The other deck that I would consider is 6. We had a fairly rough ride home last year and someone from the roll call on deck 9 had their TV crash but ours stayed put.
Our main reason for deck 4 is it's the most convenient for getting off and on in Bermuda. The gangway is located on deck 3 so it's much easier, and faster, to walk down or up one deck than wait with masses for the elevator, especially when coming back on. Since the Majesty is small, NOTHING is far away, so we like to take the stairs as much as possible to counteract any overindulging in food, especially after being to Le Bistro.:p[/QUOTE]
You really do know ALL the secrets! ;)

This will be our first time above deck 6. And it's aft/stern so I know we'll be in for a helluva ride! Luckily, I don't mind, and DH was in the Navy. He loves it when the boat'sa rockin'!

Hon2u ~ Thanks again for the pics.. cruise is April 25th. The last Bahama one before going to Bermuda.

[quote name='Cinderellie']So, what is available food-wise late night? Is the soft serve available? Pizza? Hamburgers?

What's really good?

I take it that the midnight buffets are a thing of the past.[/quote]

As was said before, the grill on deck 10 is open just about 24 hours a day (I think they close for an hour in the wee hours for cleaning). They have burgers, fries, pizza and the like.

The room service menu is slightly expanded over the past year. Some sandwiches, pizza (so-so through room service, better at the grill), salads, fruit, etc. Nothing like a PB&J before bed!

Have a great trip!!

[quote name='Ms belp']We just booked 7150 on the Promenade deck as we heard it is right next to doors and feels "almost" like you have your own balcony. Anyone with any information on this deck or suite?[/QUOTE]
I don't see a cabin or suite with that number. :) If it's 715, it's at the end of a hall, so it is near an exit. It's 108 sq. ft. which is the smallest cabin there is, and IT IS SMALL! Are you cool with that cabin size?

[quote name='AWinkler']I don't see a cabin or suite with that number. :) If it's 715, it's at the end of a hall, so it is near an exit. It's 108 sq. ft. which is the smallest cabin there is, and IT IS SMALL! Are you cool with that cabin size?[/QUOTE]

I was in 715 last year and enjoyed it. It is small! But you will enjoy the access to the track.

Archived