Fox Ch. on board the CB?

NYG10

Just curious, having never cruised before, what is avail. to watch--not that I expect to sit around watching the TV on my vacation!?! I think I read that there is a bridge cam, but what else? Thanks!

There are usually a couple of news channels, like CNN International. There is a movie channel which runs movies over and over again throughout the day. Lots of ships channels besides the bridgecam. And depending on what area of the world you are cruising in, sometimes others thrown in for good measure. Oh, and often times major sporting events are also shown on your stateroom TV when and if they can get them.

Never have had it on any of the sailings we have been on. TIVO works!
It IS available in some parts of the world. It really depends on where you are sailing and your itinerary. Fox is available on only a few TV satellites and is not global the way CNN is. On my 31-day Sapphire cruise last April/May, we had Fox throughout most of the cruise (from Australia to a couple of days before HI) and interestingly, CNN was NOT available for some of the cruise even when we got Fox. We also had both the CNN US and CNN International versions when we did get CNN.

Chances are very slim you will get Fox unless you are cruising in the Pacific west of HI. That seems to be where it's available on the TV satellite.

It IS available in some parts of the world. It really depends on where you are sailing and your itinerary. Fox is available on only a few TV satellites and is not global the way CNN is. On my 31-day Sapphire cruise last April/May, we had Fox throughout most of the cruise (from Australia to a couple of days before HI) and interestingly, CNN was NOT available for some of the cruise even when we got Fox. We also had both the CNN US and CNN International versions when we did get CNN.

Chances are very slim you will get Fox unless you are cruising in the Pacific west of HI. That seems to be where it's available on the TV satellite.

Interesting, we have sailed several times in that area (Hawaii/Austraila) and still have never seen a regular Fox Channel on stateroom TV's. Maybe we were just unlucky? Now admittedly, we have gotten Fox news channel, but that isn't the Fox channel that would show the OP's shows as it is news 24/7.

Interesting, we have sailed several times in that area (Hawaii/Austraila) and still have never seen a Fox Channel on stateroom TV's. Maybe we were just unlucky?
Have no idea but I do wish Fox were available on more satellites, not because I watch it all the time but because I think it's important to get one's news from a variety of sources and Fox is one of the largest, if not the largest, news source in the U.S. It has nothing to do with whether you like it or not, agree with it or not, but IMHO, a balance of reporting is important.

Have no idea but I do wish Fox were available on more satellites, not because I watch it all the time but because I think it's important to get one's news from a variety of sources and Fox is one of the largest, if not the largest, news source in the U.S. It has nothing to do with whether you like it or not, agree with it or not, but IMHO, a balance of reporting is important.

Pam, I think you were posting as I was editing. lol

Yes, we have seen the Fox news channel at times onboard different itinearys, but not the Fox channel the OP is looking for which is a different channel than the Fox news one. ;) He is looking for the show 24 which airs on a different Fox channel, and that I am sure will not be shown.

Pam, I think you were posting as I was editing. lol

Yes, we have seen the Fox news channel at times onboard different itinearys, but not the Fox channel the OP is looking for which is a different channel than the Fox news one. ;) He is looking for the show 24 which airs on a different Fox channel, and that I am sure will not be shown.

Ahhh... just goes to show how much I watch Fox (either channel.) Oops...with the exception of American Idol. My bad. :)

We did have a channel that showed some of the movies (the ones from the main movie channel) in French because there was a big contigent of French-speaking passengers onboard. We were watching "The Incredibles" in French, which was okay as we had seen the movie several times already.

One channel will show some older programming like the AFI specials (The 100... Movies) and some sitcoms.

We had Fox News rather sadly on the Dawn Princess trans Pacific due to the complaints made that people could not keep up with the news in the lead up to the US elections. Princess made special arrangements to get it if I recall correctly.

This was during the time that some of the Presidential debates were taking place.

Even coming from Oz we knew who was gonna win anyway :D Great result btw, but yeah we could have done without seeing O'Reilly trying to scare the population as we skipped past Fox on the TV.

There could be some cruisers who like Fox News/O'Reilly so why not have a balanced news coverage offered on ship. Why only have one point of view. You could have both Fox News and say CNN and choose which one to watch by flipping to the channel you like. Same way you do it at your home.

Vacation is a time to relax. I came home from my cruise feeling good about life and the world. I don't watch the news anymore.

I think it is always important to be a good citizen and not an "ostrich" with your head in the sand. But in recent months (years) we have been inundated with news commentary and not much real news.

In the end, you become a nervous wreck. When you get home, watch Cspan if you really want to know what is going on in Congress- instead of spin.

RCI had Fox News on the Liberty of the Seas & Brilliance of the Seas last year. Not sure if all the RCI ships have it. I like having a choice.

I am also a "24" fan, but I have it on my TiVo so will catch up after our next cruise.

Gail

We had Fox News rather sadly on the Dawn Princess trans Pacific due to the complaints made that people could not keep up with the news in the lead up to the US elections. Princess made special arrangements to get it if I recall correctly.

This was during the time that some of the Presidential debates were taking place.

Even coming from Oz we knew who was gonna win anyway :D Great result btw, but yeah we could have done without seeing O'Reilly trying to scare the population as we skipped past Fox on the TV.

My daughter and I watched a real balance view of election night here: Comedy Central. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert called it about the same time as NBC (that was the station on in the kitchen).

Archived