Adults on sofa bed?

Hello!

We've booked our first RCCL cruise on the Vision for Sept.

We booked a D1 category that has the sofa bed as the "extra" bed for 2 ppl in the room.

Wondering if anyone has ever put 2 adults on the sofabed - and if so, how was it? As comfy as the regular beds?

Thanks!

I don't know specifically about the Vision sofa beds but my experience on most cruise ships is that the sofa beds are very uncomfortable, like most sofa beds. I have slept on them with my daughter when she was younger and found them to be very uncomfortable. Also, depending on the size of the adults, they may not fit on the sofa bed. They are just a little bit bigger than a twin bed. Hope this helps!

Hello!

We've booked our first RCCL cruise on the Vision for Sept.

We booked a D1 category that has the sofa bed as the "extra" bed for 2 ppl in the room.

Wondering if anyone has ever put 2 adults on the sofabed - and if so, how was it? As comfy as the regular beds?

Thanks!

Hello,

We always go for the D1 cabin, and i always get the sofa bed. Im 6ft 3in and the sofa bed is like a large double bed with plenty of room for me. I ask for an 'egg shell' - extra foam matting to be put on the bed each night and ive never had any trouble.

Steven

Thanks for the info!

I do believe that they are the double sofa - not the singles - that we'd have in the quad capacity D1.

I'm just asking because I think that I'd like to keep the twin beds separate for my kiddos and have DH and I take the sofabed. The kids don't do well together in the same bed... and this would make things SO much easier.

Though, they'd have to DEAL with it if the sofa bed is toooo uncomfy for DH and I. :p

A friend has slept on the sofa beds on several RCCL ships. Until the room she is currently in, she has never had a problem with the sofa beds. This time, the steward had to put a 2nd egg crate pad on the sofa this time to make it okay. So just be prepared to ask for an extra egg crate mattress on there if need be.

This doesn't really answer your question, but we have a D1 booked that has a sofa bed AND a pullman. Perhaps your quad is also confiogured that way so you don't necessarily need two on the sofa.

hmmmm

ok, guess I'll have to figure that out. kids loved the sofa/pullman set up on our last cruise - and would be nice to have that on this one as well.

if I call RCCL, will they know the exact set up?

we're in 7156 on the Vision if that helps any???

hmmmm

ok, guess I'll have to figure that out. kids loved the sofa/pullman set up on our last cruise - and would be nice to have that on this one as well.

if I call RCCL, will they know the exact set up?

we're in 7156 on the Vision if that helps any???

Hmm, doesn't appear that any of the cabins on deck 7 have the pullman. You have a nice aft balcony though.:)

Thanks for the info!

I do believe that they are the double sofa - not the singles - that we'd have in the quad capacity D1.

I'm just asking because I think that I'd like to keep the twin beds separate for my kiddos and have DH and I take the sofabed. The kids don't do well together in the same bed... and this would make things SO much easier.

Though, they'd have to DEAL with it if the sofa bed is toooo uncomfy for DH and I. :p

We did the D1 with the pull out sofa on our 2006 cruise. Our girls were 15 and 11 at the time, and they slept on the sofa bed. They never complained during the cruise, but when we got home, they were very happy to be back in their own beds. They said it was rather uncomfortable.

Maybe with an egg crate?

Archived