~ all things carnival triumph! ~

travel_lover

Ok I'll be that somebody!! I was on the triumph's sister ship the victory and the layouts look exactly the same (different names to bars, dining etc.) If you look at a set of deck plans, you'll see the decks at the front of the ship but they aren't labelled as such. Decks 1-5 are staff only decks. The decks pax can use are decks 6,7,and 10. I'm going to use my fav. secret deck as an example. If you look between rooms 1004 and 1006 on deck 10 (panorama) you'll see a funny looking triangle. Next to the triangle there's a hallway to no where. Well atthe end of that hallway (5-6ft long) there's a set of doors. It'll have a sign on it about keeping door shut due to high winds. You CAN open it. I reccomend holding it tightly because it could fly out of your hands. If you are sailing the winds will be high at first. If I recall correctly there's 2 sets back to back and they go out to the decks. Deck 10 was my favorite because the deck extends off the side of the ship. The deck is the "roof" of the bridge. It was great for taking pics. On decks 6 and 7 there are stairs outside to go between them if you wish. There's only 1-2 wooden benches out there but you won't find hardly anyone out there. I had pics of the decks on my pc until it crashed or I'd post some for you. Hope this helps. enjoy your cruise

What a great tip!! Thank you so much, I knew somebody would help us out. :)

Ok I'll be that somebody!! I was on the triumph's sister ship the victory and the layouts look exactly the same (different names to bars, dining etc.) If you look at a set of deck plans, you'll see the decks at the front of the ship but they aren't labelled as such. Decks 1-5 are staff only decks. The decks pax can use are decks 6,7,and 10. I'm going to use my fav. secret deck as an example. If you look between rooms 1004 and 1006 on deck 10 (panorama) you'll see a funny looking triangle. Next to the triangle there's a hallway to no where. Well atthe end of that hallway (5-6ft long) there's a set of doors. It'll have a sign on it about keeping door shut due to high winds. You CAN open it. I reccomend holding it tightly because it could fly out of your hands. If you are sailing the winds will be high at first. If I recall correctly there's 2 sets back to back and they go out to the decks. Deck 10 was my favorite because the deck extends off the side of the ship. The deck is the "roof" of the bridge. It was great for taking pics. On decks 6 and 7 there are stairs outside to go between them if you wish. There's only 1-2 wooden benches out there but you won't find hardly anyone out there. I had pics of the decks on my pc until it crashed or I'd post some for you. Hope this helps. enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the info. We will try to find it and we will take pictures of it and post it.

Thanks for the tip mylittlefoot971!:D

Now here are a couple of other questions.

Are the Deli and Noodle Company open 24/7?

Does the Triumph have a fish n chips place?

Is ice cream free for the kids? I recently read a post where it wasn't!:eek:

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!!!!:D

Thanks for the tip mylittlefoot971!:D

Now here are a couple of other questions.

Are the Deli and Noodle Company open 24/7?

Never saw the Noodle Company.

Does the Triumph have a fish n chips place?

Is ice cream free for the kids? I recently read a post where it wasn't!:eek:

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!!!!:D

Also does the Triumph do any theme nights? (where you dress up in costume type)

I never saw the noodle company. I believe the deli is open 11 AM to 11 PM.

No fish n chips place.

Soft serve ice cream is free for anyone.

You don't dress up, but they had a late night deck party with Mexican buffet.

Wondering if the recent renovation included putting minifridges in staterooms? Last I heard there were only fridges/minibars in the suites. We have a 9A stateroom. Fridge would be lovely, but if no fridge, are there ice machines?

There was no minifridge in the room but we were able to get to an ice machine on deck 6.

There was an asian noodle buffet during the day on one side of the south beach buffett. You had the deli on one side and on the other side was the noodles. It was quite tasty.

The secret doors was fun to be on. During sail away no one was hardly out there but when we came into San Juan we had a lot more out there with us. Do not ask the staff about them because they will act like they do not know about them.

We had a great cruise on the Truimph if you are able to look past a few things. Such, as the septic smell at the end of the trip. We were on deck 6 and it was noticeable but we overlooked it and had a great time.

Do they have the flat screen tvs in the rooms?

I have asked this question 3 or 4 times on other posts about the Triumph...still have not gotten an answer. :o

We are booked in a 9A on the Verandah deck and I hope that they have or will have flat screens by the time we set sail in January of 2010. :) Maybe someone will be able to tell us something on this thread. Do you know if it is due for another dry dock or upgrade in the fall when it will move to New Orleans?:confused:

I never saw the noodle company. I believe the deli is open 11 AM to 11 PM.

No fish n chips place.

Soft serve ice cream is free for anyone.

You don't dress up, but they had a late night deck party with Mexican buffet.

Too bad no fish and chips! MMM Mexican Buffet, I could look forward to that!

There was no minifridge in the room but we were able to get to an ice machine on deck 6.

There was an asian noodle buffet during the day on one side of the south beach buffett. You had the deli on one side and on the other side was the noodles. It was quite tasty.

The secret doors was fun to be on. During sail away no one was hardly out there but when we came into San Juan we had a lot more out there with us. Do not ask the staff about them because they will act like they do not know about them.

We had a great cruise on the Truimph if you are able to look past a few things. Such, as the septic smell at the end of the trip. We were on deck 6 and it was noticeable but we overlooked it and had a great time.

We requested to have a mini fridge in my parents stateroom my dad is a diabetic and needs insulin a few times a day, we can only hope they approve our request.

Maybe suites have them? I don't know.

We were in a cat 11 suite on Deck 7 and ours had a flat screen tv. No mini frig, though. There was an ice machine and a soda machine in a small rm down the hall from us. The soda sold in the machine was $1 per can, cheaper than getting it from the bar or room service. We used the ice and soda machine alot!

We were in a cat 11 suite on Deck 7 and ours had a flat screen tv. No mini frig, though. There was an ice machine and a soda machine in a small rm down the hall from us. The soda sold in the machine was $1 per can, cheaper than getting it from the bar or room service. We used the ice and soda machine alot!

Wow that really is cheaper getting it from the machine, that is one of the best tips I've heard on CC. Thank you!

Are all pax allowed to use the ice and vending machines, or just the pax staying in the suites? Are those machines, if we are allowed to use them, aft or to the front of the ship (forgot what that's called).

I was wondering what are the dress codes for the different dinning areas on the Triumph? First time Cruiser will be going Mar. 28.

From what I've gleaned from these boards, dress onboard Carnival is casual. You can wear nice jeans (no cutoffs, rips, holes, etc.) in the main dining rooms except for the two "formal/elegant" nights. You don't have to wear a ballgown or cocktail dress unless you want to, and men don't have to wear ties or jackets (although they do prefer they wear jackets on formal nights).

My DH will probably wear nice collared dress shirts/golf shirts and kakkis(sp?)/jeans regular nights, and for elegant night will probably wear a black, linnen jacket with a nice shirt, and dress pants.

The DS (13) will wear a jacket on elegant nights with a golf shirt and Dickies pants. (Dickies is a brand the kids wear a lot here in CA). On casual nights he will wear jeans and collared golf shirts (probably Volcom or Fox, again big in-style brands here in CA). Definitely the DS will only be wearing brand new skater-type shoes (which I'm buying him for Easter) on casual and dressy nights. He doesn't even own a pair of regular dress shoes! He's a teen after all.:eek:

The SIL and myself will wear nice capri pants with dressy blouses, or tanks under lightweight jackets, with low-heeled sandals on regular nights. On dressy nights we're wearing long skirts and dressy tops with high-heeled sandals.

You can pretty much wear whatever you like in all the other places to eat onboard. Oh yeah, you are not allowed to wear flip flops in the main dining rooms, no bathingsuits, shorts and men are not allowed to wear tank tops!

There is a whole board about clothes where people (mostly women) show what they are thinking of wearing and asking people for their opinions. It is a fun board.

Hope this helps!:D

Archived