~ all things carnival triumph! ~

travel_lover

We were on the Triumph during Thanksgiving week 2008 and they offered the Galley Tour. I think it was our last sea day. It was very crowded, with lots of people doing the tour, but it was nice to see how clean the kitchens were!

We wished there had been more 70s and 80s night in the disco. They always seemed to be playing rap music. One night for a couple of hours, they did 70s music...too little time in my humble opinion!!

The piano bar was fun and the lady really tried hard, but I just have a preference for male piano players.

The lobby bar did have a gentleman playing piano (but not singing). He was very good though!!

Was there a fee for the galley tour? Do you have pictures of when you went on the tour or the ship itself??

Hi All

Just booked my 11th cruise, my 8th on carnival on the Triumph 6/7.

I'm looking to confirm the ship was dry docked 9/08? And if so what renovations were done? Can anyone who has recently (last few months) been aboard tell me if the cabins were renovated? Any info helps

Thanks !

Hi All

Just booked my 11th cruise, my 8th on carnival on the Triumph 6/7.

I'm looking to confirm the ship was dry docked 9/08? And if so what renovations were done? Can anyone who has recently (last few months) been aboard tell me if the cabins were renovated? Any info helps

Thanks !

I haven't been on the triumph yet but have read on here that the major renovations done were either cosmetic (carpet) and/or the large screen on the lido. Believe that was added at the dry dock in sept.

Also you're on the same sailing as us! Come join the roll call. We'd love to have ya.

Roll call

My wife and I , both platinum crusers just returned ,here are our thoughts.

The boat itself was as I expected,always cleaning and the crew was always smiling :).

Food was as expected, if you don't like lines get there early !

However the chair hogs were the worst in all our cruises put together.

At 7 am you could not find a free chair any where near the pools,deck nine or Ten !

I had to take my camera just to snap a few shots of all the chairs saved with towels ,shoes,books you name it.

We usually sun around two to three hours and then offer our chairs to others. Thats when I became " God ".

God thank you so much for the chairs !

Oh god thank you my wife is so upset.

God your a life saver,well you get the point :).

Towels shoes and books kept disappearing from chairs,and people were mouthing off to others about it as well.

I almost witnessed a few who came to blows over missing items :(.

This truly was a strange cruise for us ,we both rated it a six on a scale of ten. Would we cruise her again. we both say a loud " NO ".

But it was not the ship or the crew it was just an over whelming presence of people .

Well you can find a bit of privicy on the lobby deck (3), or the very front of the ship.

We cruised midship on the main deck and the ocean view room was roomer and nicer than any normal ocean view.

We were well please with this, however no flat screen.

Carpet was still being installed in places etc.

*On a side note I did film luggage workers rough housing luggage*

I actually filmed workers kicking " like a football" luggage into the bins :mad:

I'm going to send this video to Carnival,how else will they know if we don't express our opinions.

I actually filmed workers kicking " like a football" luggage into the bins :mad:

I'm going to send this video to Carnival,how else will they know if we don't express our opinions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you mean the port workers? I believe they are independent from carnival so you might want to contact the port. Which port did this happen at?

My wife and I , both platinum crusers just returned ,here are our thoughts.

The boat itself was as I expected,always cleaning and the crew was always smiling :).

Food was as expected, if you don't like lines get there early !

However the chair hogs were the worst in all our cruises put together.

At 7 am you could not find a free chair any where near the pools,deck nine or Ten !

I had to take my camera just to snap a few shots of all the chairs saved with towels ,shoes,books you name it.

We usually sun around two to three hours and then offer our chairs to others. Thats when I became " God ".

God thank you so much for the chairs !

Oh god thank you my wife is so upset.

God your a life saver,well you get the point :).

Towels shoes and books kept disappearing from chairs,and people were mouthing off to others about it as well.

I almost witnessed a few who came to blows over missing items :(.

This truly was a strange cruise for us ,we both rated it a six on a scale of ten. Would we cruise her again. we both say a loud " NO ".

But it was not the ship or the crew it was just an over whelming presence of people .

Well you can find a bit of privicy on the lobby deck (3), or the very front of the ship.

We cruised midship on the main deck and the ocean view room was roomer and nicer than any normal ocean view.

We were well please with this, however no flat screen.

Carpet was still being installed in places etc.

I would LOVE to see all your footage! I wish something good be done to limit chair hogs. When we sail we will be sailing to Canada on Triumph so hopefully it won't be too bad with the chair hogs...i'll be sure to be up early to get a spot by the tv.

Travel lover & Mousey,

Yeah, it is a reservation site, but if you click on the ship in "fleet" in the bottom right corner, it gives you all kinds of info such as square footage of cabins, what is standard in cabins etc... lots of info. Check it out.

Travel lover & Mousey,

Yeah, it is a reservation site, but if you click on the ship in "fleet" in the bottom right corner, it gives you all kinds of info such as square footage of cabins, what is standard in cabins etc... lots of info. Check it out.

Ohh yes I looked at that when I first booked, I watched the virtual tours.:D

Travel lover & Mousey,

Go all the way to the right and you will see the ships listed in alphabetical order. Click on the Triump and you will find info on the cabins, etc. Very helpful link!

:D

MARAPRINCE

Travel lover & Mousey,

I finally figured it out as Vegas Man led me to the same site. Man, what an awesome site. When you click on your ship it gives all the info you could possible want!:D Thank you so much Ruchaos:D! I already gave kodos to Vegas Man!

I finally figured it out as Vegas Man led me to the same site. Man, what an awesome site. When you click on your ship it gives all the info you could possible want!:D Thank you so much Ruchaos:D! I already gave kodos to Vegas Man!

It's a great link while I was reading through it answers the question a few people asked about Refrigerators on the ship. Looks like non for the Triumph. Like some had said.

Refrigerators

Ships: HO (cat 12 suites)

Ships: FS FA EC SE IS EL PA IM (cat 11/12 suites)

All suites in the above categories have an unstocked refrigerator

Amenity Bathroom Baskets

Ships: All

All staterooms have an amenity basket displayed in the bathroom. The amenities are subject to change and are only sample sizes. The basket may include such things as: his/her razors; shampoo and conditioner; body wash; Tylenol; deodorant; hard candies. Supplies will be replenished by the Room Steward, upon request.

:DWe were on the Triumph July 2007.

Here is our video/photos of the ship.

Great video/photos, The elevator corridor looks so spacious! The staterooms really are a lot bigger than what i'm used to from other Lines. The Secret deck seating looks comfy and thanks to everyone on here i'll be able to find it! Are those cookies they left you in your stateroom? They are cute! Thanks for the video, looks like a great time! :D

Ship Renovations

Renovations completed during drydock: 9/21/08-10/04/08

• 270-square foot LED Seaside Theatre installed on Lido Deck
  • 14 Floor-to-Ceiling 6E staterooms converted to 8F balcony staterooms
  • "Circle C" young teen club added to Sun Deck 12 featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
  • A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
  • The ship now has Wi-FI access, bow to stern.

Archived