Complimentary visits to the Speciality restaurants

uktog

I am sure when we booked we were told it was 2 complimentary visits as we are in a suite if it was a 7 night cruise and 3 for over 7 nights but looking at the website it states 1 for 7 and 2 nights for 8+

Has this been reduced or did we get wrong info - not a deal breaker, just curious

A

I am sure when we booked we were told it was 2 complimentary visits as we are in a suite if it was a 7 night cruise and 3 for over 7 nights but looking at the website it states 1 for 7 and 2 nights for 8+

Has this been reduced or did we get wrong info - not a deal breaker, just curious

A

Who did yo book with? If a group is giving comp in the specialty it's usual only once. I can't imagine the 3 free for over 7 or even 2 for 7 night would be right.

A

Here is your answer I think, although it may only be for the Solstice. This came from this FAQ website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=000010_Oe5k3Ws4gbnADrQ3tKgm:12hdbcveb;jsessionid=00009Y7KFZzcqSoIf1JX2sB_Sfa:12hdbcveb?faqSubjectName=Specialty+Dining&faqId=3458&pagename=faq_answers

How do suite guests on Celebrity Solstice receive their complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations?

Subject: Specialty Dining

As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, and/or Silk Harvest Restaurant. Suite guests on Celebrity Solstice receive 2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of seven nights or less, and 3 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

At this time, we are not able to accept complimentary reservations on-line. In order to place your complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Celebrity and this was based on info that was on their website, though as I did not take a screenshot I might have got it wrong

I see your in Scotland so it could be different on their UK site. I do know they have used the specialty with a dinner for two before as an incentive to book but have never seen 2 comps.

Did you call them directly and ask them to look at your booking? It should state it on there.

Here is your answer I think, although it may only be for the Solstice. This came from this FAQ website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=000010_Oe5k3Ws4gbnADrQ3tKgm:12hdbcveb;jsessionid=00009Y7KFZzcqSoIf1JX2sB_Sfa:12hdbcveb?faqSubjectName=Specialty+Dining&faqId=3458&pagename=faq_answers

How do suite guests on Celebrity Solstice receive their complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations?

As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, and/or Silk Harvest Restaurant. Suite guests on Celebrity Solstice receive 2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of seven nights or less, and 3 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

At this time, we are not able to accept complimentary reservations on-line. In order to place your complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Oh - I thought OP meant comp dinners. Reservations are a different matter completely. :o

Oh - I thought OP meant comp dinners. Reservations are a different matter completely. :o

I believe is says "As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, and/or Silk Harvest Restaurant."

That, seems to me, indicates a complimentary dinner. I did not think it costs any money to make a reservation, at any time?

I believe is says "As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, and/or Silk Harvest Restaurant."

That, seems to me, indicates a complimentary dinner. I did not think it costs any money to make a reservation, at any time?

Hi Pete,:) the only time it costs is if you make your reservation

on-line. You log onto your reservation and book it the same way

as a shore excursion. They do charge your credit card up front.

But I do remember when the Suite/Solstice/Dinner started. You are correct,

I believe it is a complimentary dinner.

So I was right the first time - I must listen to myself more often. :p

In plain language, the complimentary dinners mean no additional charge. The no complementary reservations means that you cannot reserve these complimentary dinners online. This allows them to book the paid dinners first, and book the comp ones into unreserved spaces.

Paul

Thanks everyone

I have found yes there is an inconsistency on the Celebrity website. Click through from either the pages on dining or from the info against the accomodation type for suites on Equinox and I get this message

Please Note:

As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, and/or Silk Harvest Restaurant:

• 1 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of seven nights or less.

• 2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

Click through from the FAQ on Speciality Dining and I get this messageHow do suite guests on Celebrity Solstice receive their complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations?

Confused or what????

It makes no difference if I check it from the UK or the International site

A

In plain language, the complimentary dinners mean no additional charge. The no complementary reservations means that you cannot reserve these complimentary dinners online. This allows them to book the paid dinners first, and book the comp ones into unreserved spaces.

Except that they always hold back reservations prior to departure so that people can book on board. I can't see any reason that they would restrict the offer availability; it's just that they haven't updated the online component for this special situation. I think they have enough updates outstanding to correct existing issues in their online services as it is!

We have a suite on an upcoming cruise on Solstice...we were told we get two complimentary specialty dinners (2 people on 2 nights). We have already booked them with no problem. I believe if there were four people in a suite, all four would be free.

We have a suite on an upcoming cruise on Solstice...we were told we get two complimentary specialty dinners (2 people on 2 nights). We have already booked them with no problem. I believe if there were four people in a suite, all four would be free.

Shirley

Are you on an 8+ night cruise -this would clarify my question. I am not worried about how many I can book in advance, just how many are not charged for so your response will help me work out the situation

I hope you have a nice cruise

A

Shirley

Are you on an 8+ night cruise -this would clarify my question. I am not worried about how many I can book in advance, just how many are not charged for so your response will help me work out the situation

I hope you have a nice cruise

A

No, it's a 7 day.

• 8 months later...

Archived