Can you believe it !

lizardhowson

The cruise I'm on went from $679 for an inside room yesterday to $739 today. LOL

I don't think mine will drop any lower than what we paid - $449 for an inside room. But it has been crazy to watch the prices go up, then back down, and now back up again since we booked in Janauary.

Considering that these sales are most likely intended to sell cruises to people who HAVEN'T ALREADY BOOKED, I don't know why people have to get all snarky or upset because THEIR cruise didn't drop in price.

I never, ever had a price drop until the P1S sale, which saved me $400 on my Miracle cruise and got me a 4G on Victory for a 4A price.

Am I going to get all bent because this current sale hasnt dropped that price any more? Nope. Not one little bit. Current non-sale prices, though, are MUCH higher than the P2S sale.

So, maybe the experienced cruisers on Cruise Critic aren't the people for whom Carnival is marketing this sale. Hmmm? Possible, yes?

It doesn't hurt to check your prices, and it doesn't hurt when there are people who have been considering booking, for whom this sale may actually convince them to go ahead and make that reservation.

But since there was already at least one current thread discussing the sale (with excellent help in how to access the code when you get the "invalid" error), was it really necessary to clutter up the board with yet another pointless thread to just whine that you aren't getting something for nothing?

:rolleyes:

I just checked and mine went up $110 pp. I got a better rate with the senior discount (my DH is 55 thank God) when I booked 2 weeks ago. I paid $1,571 for an 8D then price went down $40 and I called my TA and she got me moved to an 8E.

So I got a better deal without the sale.

Brinda

Considering that these sales are most likely intended to sell cruises to people who HAVEN'T ALREADY BOOKED, I don't know why people have to get all snarky or upset because THEIR cruise didn't drop in price. :rolleyes:

Not snarky (I hope I'm not cause thats one I never heard of before) or upset. I am happy with the price I paid, but, I wouldn't mind a discount.

Yep, it's all how well the cruise is selling....

Considering that these sales are most likely intended to sell cruises to people who HAVEN'T ALREADY BOOKED, I don't know why people have to get all snarky or upset because THEIR cruise didn't drop in price.:rolleyes:

I'm snarky because I couldnt get the directions to work. Im sure they worked for a lot of people but I couldnt get them to work so I cant see if the code works for me. Im snarky about Carnival breaking and not fixing the "I have a code" button. Why have a non working button on your site?

Im just assuming the code doesnt work for my cruise next Jan, I know it wouldnt apply to my two closer in Carnival cruises for various reasons.

I'm snarky because I couldnt get the directions to work. Im sure they worked for a lot of people but I couldnt get them to work so I cant see if the code works for me. Im snarky about Carnival breaking and not fixing the "I have a code" button. Why have a non working button on your site?

Im just assuming the code doesnt work for my cruise next Jan, I know it wouldnt apply to my two closer in Carnival cruises for various reasons.

It worked for mine for 5/2. Just had to play around with it alittle. But the sale prices reflect the upgrades so it's not really a great deal. Mine came up both ways and with our senior discounts it's still alot cheaper than the sale prices.

Either way it's still ALOT cheaper ($1,400) than the RCL cruise that I had orginally booked and canceled and switched to CCL.

Brinda

Considering that these sales are most likely intended to sell cruises to people who HAVEN'T ALREADY BOOKED, I don't know why people have to get all snarky or upset because THEIR cruise didn't drop in price.

I never, ever had a price drop until the P1S sale, which saved me $400 on my Miracle cruise and got me a 4G on Victory for a 4A price.

Am I going to get all bent because this current sale hasnt dropped that price any more? Nope. Not one little bit. Current non-sale prices, though, are MUCH higher than the P2S sale.

So, maybe the experienced cruisers on Cruise Critic aren't the people for whom Carnival is marketing this sale. Hmmm? Possible, yes?

It doesn't hurt to check your prices, and it doesn't hurt when there are people who have been considering booking, for whom this sale may actually convince them to go ahead and make that reservation.

But since there was already at least one current thread discussing the sale (with excellent help in how to access the code when you get the "invalid" error), was it really necessary to clutter up the board with yet another pointless thread to just whine that you aren't getting something for nothing?

If you don't like it don't read it. I think their point was it is not much of a sale if it is more than they paid. But you go one whining.

Who pissed in your Wheaties this fine morning? :rolleyes:

Archived