Just off the AOS today!!!

Looking forward to hearing more about the cruise. How do you like the hotel? How is the food there? Thank you

The food at the Stellaris is very good. This time we had dinner at "La Vista" which is their restaurant that overlooks the beach. You can opt for a la carte, or you can enjoy their prime rib and seafood buffet which is what we did :D It is $32.95 pp, so make sure you go there hungry!!!

I am behind in reading, is AOS going to full MTD? Or does traditional seating still exist?

Since you had a post-stay, it is not applicable - but did you overhear what baggage options were available? For example hand the airline your checked backs right after customs, etc.

The AOS will still have traditional dining, but is offering MTD as another option.

I didn't hear anything about baggage options - I did see a few luggage "valet" tags on some suitcases though :rolleyes:

Hi Robyn,

How was your favorite ship? How was the weather and was the Marriott.....terrific as usual?

Will you book another cruise on the aos before she leaves?

My favorite ship is awesome!!!!! :D:p:D

The weather in San Juan for the few days before the cruise was hot and sunny :) Also hot and sunny for the post cruise stay as well. The weather for the week onboard was very good - only a few random showers in St.Thomas.

LOVE the Marriott Stellaris - but you already knew that ;)

I will likely book for Feb 2010 as long as she is still in SJ - there are some rumors floating around (pardon the pun) that she may leave earlier than May 2010.

Welcome back Robyn,

She is a great ship - you've been a great cheerleader for her and San Juan.

Stellaris is the best - did you get over to Pamelas for dinner?

Wishing I was back on AOS.....

BRL

BRL - You are the master of Cruise Reviews! Yes, I am a cheerleader for the AOS, but she deserves it :) In my opinion the crew are second to none - so many happy faces all the time.

I did not get to Pamelas for dinner......wish we could have though :o

Hey Robyn!

Was DeDe on board? If she was....what's all the gossip from her. I haven't heard from her since right before Christmas.

Yes, DeDe is still onboard :D Had a great week with her!!!!

The only real gossip I know is that she is not unhappy that the AOS is relocating to Europe - puts her closer to home!!!!

Hey Robyn, welcome back.

I wasn't sure if you were doing two weeks this year as you have in the past or not. This is usually the week that I am aboard but this year I am not going until March 22.... only 19 days to go!

I'm glad Adventure lived up to her usual self. I am a bit disappointed to hear about the food in the Windjammer though. But, like you, that will hardly make or break my cruise.

We had a major snow storm here yesterday and now it is freezing. And to think that I would have been in the Caribbean right now if I had not changed my week. In fact, I would be in Aruba.....

Hey Robyn, welcome back.

I wasn't sure if you were doing two weeks this year as you have in the past or not. This is usually the week that I am aboard but this year I am not going until March 22.... only 19 days to go!

I'm glad Adventure lived up to her usual self. I am a bit disappointed to hear about the food in the Windjammer though. But, like you, that will hardly make or break my cruise.

We had a major snow storm here yesterday and now it is freezing. And to think that I would have been in the Caribbean right now if I had not changed my week. In fact, I would be in Aruba.....

Hey there Ocean :D

I wish we could have done another B2B ( our last 2 cruises on the AOS were B2B's) but my DD is in 7th grade now and we cannot pull her out of school for a full 2 weeks anymore :( even though she is an 'A' student, it would still put her behind her classmates and cause some stress which she doesn't need at 12 yrs old!!!!

The AOS is an amazing ship as you know, and my comments about the food quality are purely subjective as they represent my opinion only. I am usually quite satisfied with the WJ, but just felt little things were missing this time....

Having said that, I felt that the food in the MDR was very good. Admittedly I am a little bored with the same menu's over and over again - but it's always good to see my favourites on the menu :) The vidalia onion tart was delish!

Enjoy your cruise in a few weeks!!!!! I am jealous!!!!! :p

Hello!

Since you're so familiar with AOS, I have a question concerning cabins. We currently have booked cabins 1236, 1238 & 1240. Do you think we need to be concerned about noise from the above deck? It looks like we have the fitness enter & spa above us. Thanks for any opinion you might have. Also interested in any comments you might have about the My Time Dining. - Thanks!!

Hello!

Since you're so familiar with AOS, I have a question concerning cabins. We currently have booked cabins 1236, 1238 & 1240. Do you think we need to be concerned about noise from the above deck? It looks like we have the fitness enter & spa above us. Thanks for any opinion you might have. Also interested in any comments you might have about the My Time Dining. - Thanks!!

I would say that it depends on your sleeping habits. I don't worry about it because I only sleep between 2AM and 5AM when I'm on a cruise.:)

The spa and fitness area will be closed between 10PM and 6AM. So between those hours you won't have to worry about any noise from that area.

We will be on AOS in May with our kids ages 4 & 7. How is the kids pool area? We have been on FOS/LOS and they liked the H2O Zone but are looking forward to the slide on AOS. Is there a "kid pool" or is it just the slide? I can't seem to find really good pictures of what it looks like.

Thanks for your help.

We will be on AOS in May with our kids ages 4 & 7. How is the kids pool area? We have been on FOS/LOS and they liked the H2O Zone but are looking forward to the slide on AOS. Is there a "kid pool" or is it just the slide? I can't seem to find really good pictures of what it looks like.

Thanks for your help.

There is a small pool that the slide empties into. It is aft on deck 12 and it is a nice area. Don't expect something that is equivelent to the H2O zone or they might be disappointed.

Welcome Back!!! did you like the new cruise director? Also was wondering if you had smooth sailing, the week I went was very rocky but weather was beautiful also. I see there is a 4 night on AOS right before she leaves I would love to do that one!!

My kids were about the same age when we went. Dont get too excited about this "slide". I am not a fan. Its on a higher deck....under a rooftop, away from the regualr pool. So all the music and Carribean feel is missed while you are there. Nothing but a few chairs in the shade. My kids did it a couple times but it wasnt somewhere they wanted to stay. Its a small slide and its a small collection pool at the bottom. You cant swim in it. They actually liked the kids to get right out so the nest one could come down. I am trying to attach a few pics I found. Also, its hours were odd. This was in 2006 for us so I don;t remember the times. We played there a bit but then the kids wanted to get in the pool. Yours were fortunate to do the Freedom class 1st. The pools on that one are even fresh water....on this ship the pools are salt water.

1973395463_Ferrells009.jpg.7fcf1b5223de7104ea7bc9a80c8be07c.jpg

944794938_Ferrells006.jpg.ee6caa09a2966a4f3c4c7d8e333b908a.jpg

75221510_Ferrells008.jpg.69d7f9f1d078b0dac7e201143755ef2f.jpg

Thanks for your reply and the pictures. Since our kids are younger we generally are at the pool while the ship is in the ports with everyone gone off the ship. Last year on Liberty they rarely were in the Zone but were in the big pool since no one was there. Not sure how the salt water will go over, thanks for the heads up on that.

We currently have booked cabins 1236, 1238 & 1240. Do you think we need to be concerned about noise from the above deck? It looks like we have the fitness enter & spa above us.

We've been in 1232 and 1240 on the Adventure and 1234 on the Mariner and didn't have any noise coming from the gyms. It is a very quiet area which is one of the reasons we always choose it. That and the fact that it is very convenient to the stairs to Deck 11. It is a walk to food but that's how it should be. :)

em

Thank you Ocean Boy & ecmcm :)

That puts my mind at ease. It was difficult finding 3 cabins in a row when we booked.

Two sets of parents wedging our 17 & 18 yr old daughters between us - they are so

excited to have their own balcony cabin for the first time they don't even care that one of us has a connecting cabin to them!

Welcome back Robyn, glad you had a great time!!! :) When you get home and get adjusted to the freezing temps, writing us all a detailed report will help you deal better with the cold reality of the frozen Canadian tundra! :D

Can't wait to hear more about our favorite ship!

Where Is the lifeboat drill? do they have priority boarding for people with canes ?

Most people muster outside at their stations, on Deck 4. There are some who muster in the dining room and the occasional lounge. Your muster station will be posted on the back of your cabin door and on your lifejackets, which will be in your cabin.

If you need assistance in boarding, contact Royal Caribbean at this address:

special_needs@rccl.com (please note that there is an underscore between special & needs)

More information can be found on Royal Caribbean's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/otherNeeds.do;jsessionid=0000lBX7Y3bVMd0o6nOadsF9W2Q:12hdhubrs

Thanx i called the # on the webpage all set up for sun

Most people muster outside at their stations, on Deck 4. There are some who muster in the dining room and the occasional lounge. Your muster station will be posted on the back of your cabin door and on your lifejackets, which will be in your cabin.

If you need assistance in boarding, contact Royal Caribbean at this address:

special_needs@rccl.com (please note that there is an underscore between special & needs)

More information can be found on Royal Caribbean's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/otherNeeds.do;jsessionid=0000lBX7Y3bVMd0o6nOadsF9W2Q:12hdhubrs

If AOS does go to Europe, any word if they will replace her with another ship sailing from SJ year round?

From what we can tell, Serenade will be the ship sailing year round from San Juan.

Archived