Hotel suggestions for 3 nights Barcelona

Hi there

There are 4 of us travelling to Barcelona and were looking for a hotel thats clean and is somewhat economical. If you have any suggestions or have stayed in a place that you can recommend please let us know!

Thanx

Just look through this Med. board a bit and you will find countless information on this. Also, may I suggest the Trip Advisor. It is THEE best site for hotel information. AND, there are averages prices listed with the ratings. No one really knows what your version of economical is. The Trip Advisor will list the most popular and what they go for... great site!

Enjoy... it's a great city!

We have stayed in Barcelona at two different Hiltons and the hotel Arts non of which are cheap.

This year, with the euro up and the dollar down, we decided to book at the Marriott at the airport. Got a reasonable rate of 100 euro's a night for seniors. This a good rate in Europe for a western hotel.

If economy is your watch word, you can't do better than the Continental or Continental Palacete. Loads of people on these boards have stayed at one or the other. Personally, we stayed at the Palacete for 4 nights last May after recomendations on here. They are probably only 3*, but are clean, very 'pink' (in decor), staff are great and there is a free 24hr buffet, which you could live off, but probably won't. Free drinks (inc wine and beer) are included...its great to grab a couple of bottles of water before starting your day out.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

Simon

If economy is your watch word, you can't do better than the Continental or Continental Palacete. Loads of people on these boards have stayed at one or the other. Personally, we stayed at the Palacete for 4 nights last May after recomendations on here. They are probably only 3*, but are clean, very 'pink' (in decor), staff are great and there is a free 24hr buffet, which you could live off, but probably won't. Free drinks (inc wine and beer) are included...its great to grab a couple of bottles of water before starting your day out.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/

Simon

What I don't understand about their website is that I have not found a way to check for availability first. It looks like I have to book first which includes putting in my credit card number. Where do you just check for availability first?

What I don't understand about their website is that I have not found a way to check for availability first. It looks like I have to book first which includes putting in my credit card number. Where do you just check for availability first?

Send them an e mail. They are very helpful.

Simon

Can't beat Hotel Continental, for price and location, Yea its only a 3star hotel and its pink and quirky yea quirky, Buffet is OK and the free pop and beer is great also, free water too. They do have very hard beds. but the place is clean and the staff is really great and very helpful. There is als a good pizza resturant next door. When we go back to Barcelona we will stay again at Hotel Contental.

We really like the Hotel Regina just a block from the major department store L'Engles and just far enough off La Rambalas to not be bothered by the crowds. Lots of cheap places to eat including the top of L'Engles whose top floor cafe has wonderful views. We had a large room with very nice bath good a/c and a free bottle of cava. Not cheap but not real expensive. We also used the internet for free in the business center. Loved Barcelona

Would definately choose the Hotel Inglaterra. Stayed there this past September and LOVED it. Clean, modern, GREAT location, friendly, helpfull staff. Book directly through the hotel website for the best rate. Enjoy!!

Would definately choose the Hotel Inglaterra. Stayed there this past September and LOVED it. Clean, modern, GREAT location, friendly, helpfull staff. Book directly through the hotel website for the best rate. Enjoy!!

Thanks for your comments, will keep my reservation.

Would like your comment or any others on their breakfest buffet, is it worth the 15 euros p/p they quoted or would you go elsewhere?

I have booked Hotel Jazz after good reviews here and on TripAdvisor. Modern and a little less expensive than Hotel Continental but without breakfast.

Another Vote for Hotel Jazz

http://www.hoteljazz.com/

For reviews click here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d296916-Reviews-Hotel_Jazz-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Thanks for your comments, will keep my reservation.

Would like your comment or any others on their breakfest buffet, is it worth the 15 euros p/p they quoted or would you go elsewhere?

It really depends on your breakfast style. We refused to pay $20-25 for breakfast, and wandered out looking for something on our own. They don't have typical US-type breakfasts in Spain (no surprise there) and we ended up at a small cafe having a pastry and coffee for a few euros. Then we had a nice lunch that was in the $15 E /pp range. If you do spend that much on breakfast, I would assume it would last you well into the afternoon--I just prefer to have a small breakfast and a nicer lunch. I also have a big thing against buffets, so that is a big negative to me along with the cost. It was included in our stay at the Majestic--and even though that is a nicer hotel, the cold scrambled eggs and slices of lunch meat and cheese really didn't do it for me--can't imagine actually paying for that.

But of course, that's just me. YMMV!

Cathy

Archived