Dress Code on Pride

Tucruisers

I have been on several Seabourn cruises and can say that probably about 85% wear a tux, and the rest wear a dark suit. Seabournites like to "dress-up"!

Host Dan

85%! - looks like I will have to get out the waiter's outfit. Or presumably we can eat in the other restaraunt. Actually, my wife likes dressing up, just me that does not like being strangled by a dickie-bow. Thanks for the feedback anyway. Anyone got a different figure?

You can always dine in the "other" Restaurant or in your suite...you can have the entire "formal" dinner delivered to your suite, course by course, or pre order any other meal with 24 hours notice! That is what we are planning for our Baltic cruise this year.....not lugging formal wear half way around the World for a few hours wear! I am already "thinking" about what I am going to order on formal nights....lobster is winning at the moment! :D

You can comfortably wear a dark suit and no one will point fingers. It's only for two nights anyway--certainly no reason to go lug a tux unless you enjoy wearing it.

Not much difference in lugging a tux or a suit IMHO. I shall be taking a tux but no suit on my cruise.

You can comfortably wear a dark suit and no one will point fingers. It's only for two nights anyway--certainly no reason to go lug a tux unless you enjoy wearing it.

Actually for 2009 its "Black tie optional" I was on the Legend Panama Canal in January and I would say 30% wore black tie the rest dark suits and on the Capts. night the Restaurnat 2 was full. On the Baltic Cruise I did last year it was about 50% black tie. I agree completely with cruiseguy.

What is nice if you want to go to the Vernadah (Restaurant 2) on the Capts. night they have the same menu as in the restaurant (though much smaller and only a choice of 2 entrees) but it is a great alternative if you don't want to dress to the nines.

Well we are in the tux camp -- even if it is just two night of 12.Of all of the Seabourn cruises we have been on -- mostly Med, one S.E. Asia and one Caribbean the percent of tuxes ranged from about 55%(Caribbean) to about 90% (Med) . We love the formal side of Seabourn -- the only down side to having moved from the Washington D.C. area to Tucson is that events here are less dressy. To each their own.:)

Guests that choose not to attend the formal evenings aboard Seabourn are missing out on lovely memorable nights. The Captain's receptions and the beautiful candlelit dinners are truly special events ~~always such a delight to see and be with elegantly attired good friends and fellow shipmates!:p

Martita B.

Hi Tucruisers,

Welcome to Seabourn Forum .We were 1st time Scruisers last year and had a most memorable cruising experience in the Caribbean.We found the dress code to be quite relaxed and Idid not feel in the minority wearing a dark suit, which, like a previous poster commented ,also can be used on smart casual evenings without a tie.

As this is your first cruise with Seabourn, we have a spare refferal coupon which you could make use of ,if you so wish. If you want to contact mevia e mail for information on the r/c just e mail to caluun@hotmail.co.uk.

I know you will have a wonderful holiday on the Pride,

Meantime,

Best Regards,

Woldsman.

Thanks to everyone for the advice, which only serves to increase the sense of anticipation, but also reminds me of the need to lose a few pounds before we go so that the DJ (and dress shirt) fit. From the responses it would seem that the European cruises are more formal than Carribbean etc.

Thanks again

Tucruisers,

In fact, Seabourn recently abolished formal nights on the Caribbean cruises except over the Christmas and New Years holidays.Another reason why we will stick with European(or Asian) versus Caribbean cruises on Seabourn. And regardind hubby fitting into his shirt -- be warned the food is so good on Seabourn that even if he fits into it at the beginning of the trip there is always the possibility that it may be a bit snug by the trip's end. You may want to do what we do -- we always drop a few pounds BEFORE the trip so we can relax and enjoy the cruise.Call it our pre-emptive strike!

Tucruisers.

If you lose a few pounds (several pounds, really) perhaps I could borrow your penguin outfit for my upcoming Regent cruise, a month before yours. I would promise not to spill custard (green or otherwise) over it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
The advantage of a dark suit is that it can do triple duty--with a white shirt and dark tie for formal nights, with a colorful shirt and no tie for "jacket" nights, and the pants plus polo shirt for casual nights.

True, but you STILL have to wear a neck strangling tie on any formal night. I surely do not mind dress shirts, jackets, etc... but I can not enjoy my dinner with that neck choker on - even after 20 years in business. Can not do it anymore... actually got sick last time and had to leave the table.

True, but you STILL have to wear a neck strangling tie on any formal night. I surely do not mind dress shirts, jackets, etc... but I can not enjoy my dinner with that neck choker on - even after 20 years in business. Can not do it anymore... actually got sick last time and had to leave the table.

Quite understand your pov and thanks wipro. Personally, don't mind wearing a tie its the dickie I dislike. You can't undo your top shirt button and strangulation ensues. Still looking for someone to give me a recent figure of those wearing the full DJ ensemble on North Europe cruises. Host Dan says 85% and don't want to doubt his word but he obviously approves of the formality. Is that really the current experience?

Yes, on a formal night if you dine at Tastings you can wear elegant casual attire which means a jacket with no tie if you so desire. You can also frequent any of the public spaces dressed that way.

Archived