moving a booking

I booked a cruise (for this fall) in April 2008, using a NC certificate purchased in 2007. I have OBC and I am using my Diamond balcony discount. I am now thinking of changing this booking to a cruise in 2010. Since this NC was purchased WAY back then, before all the restrictions, will I be able to still get the OBC AND balcony discount on the new cruise? Of course I would keep the same booking # when making the switch.

Thanks for any answers!

Instead of coming on here and possibly getting a bunch of different answers that may or may not be accurate, why not call Royal Caribbean or your Travel Agent and get the answer right from the source? I think doing it that way will benefit you.

Thank you ziggypup. I was planning on doing exactly that, but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else had done it recently. Even if someone HAD replied with an answer to my question I would have still called RCL to confirm. Just trying to get other people's experiences.

emilygrace, I posted this question myself not long ago and the responses I got were that as long as you keep the same booking number all the credits will stay on the booking. I haven't actually moved mine yet as I am waiting for a specific sailing to open up, but others have reported favorable results.

depends who you talk to....TECHNICALLY even if you KEEP the same booking number, you go by the rules on the day you make a change...if you swap ship and sail date, technically you COULD lose all your discounts...that's what the LA on Ex told me, as well as a handfull of RCCL agents...

BUT.....again, it depends who you talk to...we all know that if you call 6 different times (RCCL) you will get at least 10 different answers...:rolleyes:

So....YMMV but the majority of responses I got were if you change ship and sail date, you may be SOL......

The more I read the more confused I GET:eek:! I was thinking of moving a reservation that I had made in 2008 as I thought I had read that now you could do that and keep balcony discount, OBC for booking onboard and also shareholder credit as long as you kept the same booking number. I guess that is still unconfirmed??? I am also waiting for the new Caribbean releases to do that.

The more I read the more confused I GET:eek:! I was thinking of moving a reservation that I had made in 2008 as I thought I had read that now you could do that and keep balcony discount, OBC for booking onboard and also shareholder credit as long as you kept the same booking number. I guess that is still unconfirmed??? I am also waiting for the new Caribbean releases to do that.

Look...we all know that most of the CS people at RC are a little, well, underinformed! All I can say is call yourself and ask...if you get the wrong answer, call back! But as of Jan/Feb...you are nOT supposed to be able to keep the combinable credits if you change ship and sail date...

heck..I booked in 2008...when i called about my Feb cruise, the agent said you booked in 2009, you have to pick one or the other...she was VERY rude (BTW i NEVER changed a thing on that bookin other than the cabin!) She insisted i booked on 1/12/09 when in fact i booked on 1/12/08! I had to call AGAIN and get it fixed...go ther in trouble too..she was BEYOND rude!

So..all i can say is give it a shot when the bookings open, but be prepared to choose OBC or Disocunt/Coupon whatever.

the only thing you CAN combine is VISA points (and MAYBE the stockholders OBC but don't quote me....i don't have either!)

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I did email my TA and she got back to me this afternoon and said she talked to general reservations AND Crown and Anchor and they said as long as I keep the booking number and make any changes before final payment I will keep everything else intact. But she did say that they told her if I cancel entirely I will lose the NC portion of my deposit, which in this case is $200. I had always thought that if you cancelled a booking that had a NC involved you got your WHOLE deposit back. I know someone who has done this. But of course, maybe this too changed on 1/1/09!

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I did email my TA and she got back to me this afternoon and said she talked to general reservations AND Crown and Anchor and they said as long as I keep the booking number and make any changes before final payment I will keep everything else intact. But she did say that they told her if I cancel entirely I will lose the NC portion of my deposit, which in this case is $200. I had always thought that if you cancelled a booking that had a NC involved you got your WHOLE deposit back. I know someone who has done this. But of course, maybe this too changed on 1/1/09!

once you make your NC a real cruise, you can cancel it and get the full amount back...again, it depends on who you speak with....

let us know what happens as i am in the same situation...i really don't care one way or the other...but i'd like to know WHAT the REAL story is!:p

once you make your NC a real cruise, you can cancel it and get the full amount back...again, it depends on who you speak with....

:p

Hi,

perhaps you are correct : "it depends on who you speak with ...."

but this below is what is printed on my NC confirmation;

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial

NextCruise deposit.

Wes

The cruise we're going on next was booked a long time ago. It was back with 9-night cruises got $200 OBC for using a NC. Then AFTER that changed to $100 for a 9-night, we had to switch our reservation. After we did that, our OBC was changed to the $100, but since we originally booked it under the first terms, we were able to get it changed back to the original deal.

So before you switch, I would make sure of every credit you received with the first booking, and confirm that you will get the same with the new one. :)

Hi,

perhaps you are correct : "it depends on who you speak with ...."

but this below is what is printed on my NC confirmation;

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial

NextCruise deposit.

Wes

right, and the LA and at least 2 people ON my cruise said you can get it back once you convert it.....

ah..........when will we EVER get accurate info!!??:confused:

Here's my experience.............

I purchased a generic NextCruise certificate onboard a cruise in 2008 and then converted it to a real cruise. A few months later we cancelled the cruise and, within a few days, received a credit to our credit card for the NextCruise deposit amount. No $$$ lost. I've heard that others have done the same with the same results.

I know of several people who have gotten their whole deposit back after canceling a booking made with a NC. But I am just wondering if they are enforcing the fine print that says you do NOT get it back and this just started with all the other new restrictions as of 1/1/09.

Archived