My cruise went down $5 a person, should I really call for a price reduction?

brt49

I guess its just a matter of how much of a penny pincher you wanna be and save money!!;)

Squeeze the color right out of those pennies. Call 'em quick. And if they drop it again, call 'em again! This isn't the time to be passing up free money.

Besides, $5/person could be $25/cabin. The kiddies don't need a cut!

My cruise went down $5 a person, should a really call for the reduction. I mean I have already had about $135 reduction so far. Should I really milk this?

Absolutely. After all, you never know where that $5 reduction ends up.:D:cool::D

I guess I'm the only 1 that wouldn't bother for $5. But, it wouldn't bother me if others did. To each their own. My cruises usually go up in price instead of down. Since I booked an aft before they changed categories, I am sure I will not see a reduction. But, I am happy w/ the cabin and price.

I filled out the form on the computer last week for a 20.00 reduction in price for the 3rd person. HEY 20.00 in my pocket is better then someone elses!!! BUT, i don't think you can just call and get it??? I had to fill out the form from the web site. They sent me the new balance due figures the next day. Glad i did it then. My catagory cabin is no longer available. Thats the thing, your type of cabin has to still be available.

YES! The last time I called for one of my cruises the price went down $20 each(2 of us so $40) and the OBC would change from $50 to $40. My PVP said...well it would only be $30 difference, do you want to change it? Well, yes...$30 is $30. I love getting a better deal, even if it is only $30. I can't believe she even said that. Of course! Why would I not want to save $30.:D I mean really duh.

Do you have to call when they drop the price or do they automatically give it to you? I've never cruised Carnival before?

Only if you booked early saver or if you are before final payment.

With early saver you need to fill out a form, not call, but maybe some PVPs handle it for you.

Do you have to call when they drop the price or do they automatically give it to you? I've never cruised Carnival before?

Always pay attention to the costs of your cruise, and don't forget to check for discounts - past guest, over 55, state/province, etc. Today we went from a 4A originial booking upgraded to a 4D a few weeks ago to an 8B for an additional $75. I'll take a balcony for an extra $6.25/night (12 night cruise) anytime.

We're all paid up,...price went down a total of $100 and they won't do anything about it. I mean, that's their right, and I'm not overly upset about it. But, don't be mislead by all of the refunds mentioned in the above posts...they don't ALWAYS give you a credit.

We're all paid up,...price went down a total of $100 and they won't do anything about it. I mean, that's their right, and I'm not overly upset about it. But, don't be mislead by all of the refunds mentioned in the above posts...they don't ALWAYS give you a credit.

Not sure when you're sailing, but they do always give you credit, if you're b4 the date that final payment is required. Even if you're paid in full, you can always rebook to take advantage of a price reduction if it is b4 the date full payment is required.

We had 11 people booked into 6 cabins for our last cruise. When the price dropped, I'd let everyone know, and they'd be responsible for calling in to claim it. For any particular rate drop, we'd each get handled differently depending on who we talked to. Some were offered upgrades instead of the cash. Some where offered on board credit. Some where given a refund to their credit card. Some were given a refund to MY credit card (I put in the deposits for everyone). But everyone of us got something.

I really think it is luck of the draw on who you talk to... I might give it another shot and see if the next person you talk to is a little more receptive to helping you out. Yes, it's their right not to refund a price difference. But it's also your right to cancel and rebook. We never had to threaten that, but it could be worth it.

Just off the phone with supervisor at Carnival. I was told "as of November 25, 2008, we no longer credit customer's when the price drops". I mentioned to her that it seemed pretty final and that I would keep it in mind the next time we book our vacation. Just FYI. We sail in 30 days, so we can't cancel and rebook. As I mentioned earlier, we're not really upset about it. We got a great deal and can't wait to get onboard for cruise #3!

Would you bend over and pick up ten or twenty bucks on the ground right in front of you?

I don't tend to bend over in public to much :D.

twenty bucks !

I might sweep it to the corner :rolleyes: .

Just off the phone with supervisor at Carnival. I was told "as of November 25, 2008, we no longer credit customer's when the price drops". I mentioned to her that it seemed pretty final and that I would keep it in mind the next time we book our vacation. Just FYI. We sail in 30 days, so we can't cancel and rebook. As I mentioned earlier, we're not really upset about it. We got a great deal and can't wait to get onboard for cruise #3!

Thanks for the information...am I correct in understanding that the change in November was when the Early Savers program was introduced? And now the only way they honor price drops is if you have booked early saver. Am I onthe right track or all wrong... Thanks!

Thanks for the information...am I correct in understanding that the change in November was when the Early Savers program was introduced? And now the only way they honor price drops is if you have booked early saver. Am I onthe right track or all wrong... Thanks!

I'm under the same assumption. I did book an early saver just 2 days ago. I guess I will keep my eye on the price to see what happens. I would be happy with OBC, refund, or upgrade. :). I'm just confused on if your suppose to call or fill out the online form. Hmmm??

Archived