Breezes in Nassau

homeofthedogs

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know whether you can book a day at the Breezes resort beforehand? I would hate to go there and not be able to get in~ any advice?

Day passes are not available ahead of time. It's always a risk.

Some cruiseships carry the pass.. so if they are selling them. I'd snap them up.

Otherwise, have a back up plan.

on a newer thread the next couple of weeks- breezes is not allowing day passes because they over booked the resort. someone was there and they did not let them in.

Aw man, I planned on going there for my May 18th cruise =( I wonder how long that will last.

Will this be the case next Thursday too?

There's a good chance that they will not be selling day passes until after Easter. The place is still pretty much overrun with Spring Breakers.

You can give them a call when you get into port before you head out there.

242-327-5356

Ok, I have been trying to get as much info on Breezes as possible. I have been reading and reading, and it has been very helpful. I do however, have a question. How is the atmosphere at Breezes. I mean, we want to have a good time, not out of control, but just fun. Are there any bands or music playing? Any kind of partying, dancing, or anything like that? OR, is this just a laid back, "family" place, with not a whole lot going on?? Thanks

Ok, I have been trying to get as much info on Breezes as possible. I have been reading and reading, and it has been very helpful. I do however, have a question. How is the atmosphere at Breezes. I mean, we want to have a good time, not out of control, but just fun. Are there any bands or music playing? Any kind of partying, dancing, or anything like that? OR, is this just a laid back, "family" place, with not a whole lot going on?? Thanks

I am certainly no expert....since I have not yet went to Breezes. However, I can tell you that I have read that it is NOT a family place. It is an adults only resort. I also read there are pool games and music. I hope this helps. I will be going there this June. I'm hoping its a great time.

We stayed at Breezes for a week in Nov 08. Not a fancy place, but clean and is just fine for day trippers. Good pools. Beach is wide and long with soft white sand, plenty of chairs, and a decent amount of shade. I read reviews that said seaweed was a problem, but beach was raked and was very clean while we were there. Really good drinks and decent food. The pool bar has typical patio food, plus conch fritters, jerk chicken, salads, self serve nachos. Buffet is typical, other restaurants only open for dinner. They do have top shelf liquors, beer is the local Kalik (draft), and sometimes had Kalik light or Sands beer in cans. Do go inside for the self serve slushies, add as much rum as you'd like (bottle sitting right there next to the machine). Lots of pool games,entertainment staff are fun. Kayaks are free, as are the small catamaran sail boats (can't think of what they are called!), but if you don't have sailing experience, they won't let you out without staff for a lesson. someone asked about live music, and there is none during the day.

I don't think I'd return for an extended stay again, but would go back for a day trip for sure

Karen

oops, forgot to say not a good place for kids. they do allow kids 14 and older, but saw very few teenagers during our stay. Not overly rowdy crowd, just not much for kids to do, they would be board after being on a cruise ship.

Its all so very confusing, this is even posted on there web site

Note: All adults staying at this resort must be 18 years of age or older during March 1st through May 30th (unless accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older; standard minimum age is 14 years old). Proper identification will be required when checking in at the front desk.

Hello....what part of adult resort didn't we get out of all this posts??????

I don't know if it was written prior, but Breezes was an OK place to visit while in Nassau. Decent beach, food and drink. Off the ship, we walked into the ship terminal, got the map of Nassau at the info desk, and found the coupon(Breezes) inside, saving us $5.00 per person at Breezes. We walked past the cabs, made a right unto Bay street, asked a local for the #10 jitney bus($1.25) exact fare per person, and took the 10 minute ride over to Breezes. Just tell the driver where you want off.

i will be going to breezes in may (hopefully), but i understand the day pass is until 6 or u have to pay $70pp for more time. has anyone went to breezes and then did something else in nassau after that? the ship doesn't leave till midnight or so.

i will be going to breezes in may (hopefully), but i understand the day pass is until 6 or u have to pay $70pp for more time. has anyone went to breezes and then did something else in nassau after that? the ship doesn't leave till midnight or so.

Most after 6pm take a BIG nap....

Ok, great information here. Now, I have one last question....I think, lol. How long is the pass for? After paying the $55, how long can you stay? I mean, is it an all day pass, a couple of hours, or what?

The $55 is from 10am til 6pm... and anotherr $70 from 6pm til 2am. Now having said that... if you idea it to get blasted then a cab back to the ship at 6pm WILL result in a shaky walk to your cabin and a nice long nap... lol

The $55 is from 10am til 6pm... and anotherr $70 from 6pm til 2am. Now having said that... if you idea it to get blasted then a cab back to the ship at 6pm WILL result in a shaky walk to your cabin and a nice long nap... lol

Is it possible to just pay the $70 to go from 6pm till later, without going in the morning? What's the difference between being there during the day and at night? Our ship doesn't leave till midnight, but I know the buses stop running rather early. Does anyone know how much the taxi ride would be? I've been having a hard time deciding between a dolphin interaction & Breezes, because a dolphin interaction would be great; but only about 2 hours. It would be awesome if we could do both!

Is it possible to just pay the $70 to go from 6pm till later, without going in the morning? What's the difference between being there during the day and at night? Our ship doesn't leave till midnight, but I know the buses stop running rather early. Does anyone know how much the taxi ride would be? I've been having a hard time deciding between a dolphin interaction & Breezes, because a dolphin interaction would be great; but only about 2 hours. It would be awesome if we could do both!

you don't have to do the day pass to do the evening pass.

Evening pass is for dinner, drinks, piano bar and whatever is happening that evening. usually Funky D in the disco.. but some nights are Toga nites, PJ parties etc.

As for the dolphins.. if you use Dolphin Encounters at Blue lagoon, you can stay on the beach for the rest of the day.. the last boat leaves at 4pm ..

It's a better program than the one at Atlantis.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com

you don't have to do the day pass to do the evening pass.

Evening pass is for dinner, drinks, piano bar and whatever is happening that evening. usually Funky D in the disco.. but some nights are Toga nites, PJ parties etc.

As for the dolphins.. if you use Dolphin Encounters at Blue lagoon, you can stay on the beach for the rest of the day.. the last boat leaves at 4pm ..

It's a better program than the one at Atlantis.

www.dolphinencounters.com

Thanks so much! Do those boats take you back to the ship? I think that's what we're going to do then! And we'll probably leave Breezes at 10:30/11. Do you know how much a taxi would be? Also, we basically wanted Breezes to hang out on the beach and have drinks, can you still do that at night? And is it still unlimited? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks so much! Do those boats take you back to the ship? I think that's what we're going to do then! And we'll probably leave Breezes at 10:30/11. Do you know how much a taxi would be? Also, we basically wanted Breezes to hang out on the beach and have drinks, can you still do that at night? And is it still unlimited? Sorry for all the questions!

If you book the dolphin encounters independently.. you have to pick up the ferry on Paradise Island. ($5 by cab / $10 minutes)

Once done.. you can take the ferry back to the port dock.

Breezes beach is closed after dusk. So is the outdoor bar.

Still unlimited..

Archived