Oceanview or Inside??

VikingChick

My DH and I sail in just under a month on the Triumph. We currently are booked for an inside cabin on the Verandah deck, but have the option to upgrade to an OV on the Main deck for the same price. I am concerned about making the switch. Each room has it's benefits. Though our current room is an inside, we are only one deck below Lido and close to all the action. We are sandwiched between areas that cabins so the noise should be minimal. However, having an OV would be nice, to be able to let some natural light in so I won't sleep all day :)

If given the opportunity what would you do?

I'd look carefully at the upgraded room to make sure what it is next to or underneath since even an unoccupied space might have a lot of activity on it (like early morning walkers or people moving deck chairs around or late night partiers. The main deck can be really busy . . . . . . but convenient too :)

I would take the ocean view! We booked our cruise for September on the Carnival Valor and it was for an interior room. I then changed it to ocean view. Last year, we were cruising during Gustav and we spent a lot of time in the room for the first 2 1/2 days and it was good to at least have a view since we couldn't really hang around on the Lido deck, etc. It was also beautiful to see the port when we got to Cozumel! :)

I just made the choice of port holes or inside higher deck and went with the inside higher deck. Im travelling with someone mobility challenged. I dont know if I made the right decision or not, but I choose inside this time. Usually Id choose the port holes. The port holes were on the bottom deck, not Main deck and in the front. The inside was deck 6 on Conquest mid ship.

Archived