Who is leaving Royal, and who left, and came back

Anyone left Royal?

Anyone left and come back?

Anyone left and stayed away?

Lost of discussion on these threads, about trying another cruise line.

Would be interesting to hear your comments.

Happy Cruising

I left Carnival for good back in 04 and moved to RCI. I also tried HAL and NCL within the last year and a half. I also have an NCL cruise booked for this summer but overall I prefer RCI. I will not leave for good unless they do something to affect my overall cruise enjoyment. I will also continue to step out and try other lines. The Solstice is one ship that I want to try.

I am Diamond on RCI, but I haven't taken a cruise with them since 2007. I have been on Carnival, and Princess in 2008 and I am leaving on NCL this April. I think RCI has a great product, just have been able to get better prices and some good Itineraries on the others. I have alway's had a great time on Royal, but the Mariner of the Seas even though it was beautiful it was just a little too big for me (crowded), I like the Grandeur and Enchantment size better, so the idea of going on the Freedom size ships just doesn't excite me too much.

I have not CANCELLED any existing cruises as of now, but I am open to exploring other lines and seeing what they have to offer. So for every dollar I was willing to spend on RC, I am also willing to spend on another cruise line. (Which was never the case.) I just made Diamond and RC has shown me what they think of my repeat business.

Royals' loss could be Princess's gain. Time will tell.

First two cruises were on CCL in 2006 and 2007. RCI cruise in 2007. Next cruise is on RCI but just because it is a repo cruise with a great itinerary and it ends in Norfolk, which is close to us. I am not a Loyal Royal or loyal to any other cruise line. I look at price, ship and itinerary. I'm willing to try them all!!

DH & I have a 11/2009 cruise booked on the Liberty OTS that we are debating about cancelling.

We have enough RCI VISA points to get our cabin free, so we'd just be paying for the kid's PR cabins. However, we can take the Carnival Liberty for the same week, and go to just about the same ports.

The price for 3 balcony cabins on Carnival is CHEAPER than what we're paying for RCI. Which means we spend less money AND keep our points to use on a future RCI cruise.

Anyone left Royal?

Happy Cruising

We never left, we just cruise a lot and try all the different lines (although never have been on Carnival). The only line that had a better fit for us (better food) was Celebrity, but they are not in South Florida much. We switched over to Princess for a few cruises, because it was much cheaper, but did not like the service or the crowds everywhere (not well laid out) , we have been going over to HAL - better food, better prices, and less glitz, but we only tend to do them at holiday time because the clientele is way too old at other times of the year - ditto for Crystal (but that is a different price point). We stopped sailing NCL - don't like anytime dining. We have made it to the highest levels in the loyalty programs of RCL, Celebrity, and Princess (HAL does not have one worth mentioning).

RCL tends to be the priciest (although their cabins - we like the junior suites) are the nicest. We seem to have the most fun on their ships as well - possibly because we tend to cruise alone and like the companionship of the others in the Concierge or Diamond Lounge. It is a place to hang out before dinner and as we don't drink, we don't like to be constantly hassled by the cocktail staff in the bars - also, the lounges are really not set up where it is easy to talk with strangers.

We like the smaller ships - Radiance Class, but have just come back from the Independence, which we enjoyed as well.

A cruise is what you make of it - and short of a major illness or accident, I can't think of anything that would make me not enjoy myself.

We are trying NCL Dawn to Bermuda. Like the itinerary better, 3 full days in Bermuda and we are saving a few hundred dollars besides. We were a little disappointed with RCI last cruise. :( Service was just okay, so we are going to branch out and see what other lines offer.

I am not loyal to any line. They all have to fight for my hard earned dollar. Ive sailed them all and I just dont see the huge difference in any line. Whoever gives me the best offer, with the most bonuses, will see me on their ship. For me its that simple. Loyalty creates a monopoly. Then you get screwed like some are seeing today.

I choose my cruises by itinerary and price. My next 3 cruises are on RCI, Princess, and Celebrity. I've also cruised with HAL and Disney.

The latest Crown & Anchor news on RCI doesn't affect me, as I'm not a Diamond member. I am considering Med cruises for fall 2010 on several ships, and I'm leaning towards Brilliance.

I choose my cruises by itinerary and price. My next 3 cruises are on RCI, Princess, and Celebrity. I've also cruised with HAL and Disney.

The latest Crown & Anchor news on RCI doesn't affect me, as I'm not a Diamond member. I am considering Med cruises for fall 2010 on several ships, and I'm leaning towards Brilliance.

We have sailed on the Radiance Class (of which Brilliance is a member) about 4 times - it is our favorite of all the different catagories of RCL ships.

We are also Diamond members. We left RCCL for two years choosing HAL's Noordam. The initial reason was that fact that she homeported in NYC, but we had such a great time we went back a year later. Now that HAL has left NYC we came back to RCCL for Explorer in July and Liberty last December. We have never had a "bad" cruise on RCCL. Having said all that, I did something I swore I would never do...booked a Carnival cruise for December. :eek: Our absolutely worst cruise ever was on Carnival Ecstasy many years ago and the idea of going back scares me, but I have heard many positive things about the "newer" Carnival ships. Some good friends recently returned from a Carnival cruise and had nothing but good things to say. As with others, it came down to a matter of cost. The prices on RCCL are just so much higher for comparable categories. We plan to return to RCCL for Oasis in 2010 and we know we will be paying a premium. This was a way to save some vacation $$ this year to help pay for next year.

We have sailed on the Radiance Class (of which Brilliance is a member) about 4 times - it is our favorite of all the different catagories of RCL ships.

My two most recent cruises on RCI were on Voyager-class ships. I enjoyed the cruises, but I really prefer the Radiance and Vision-class ships. I'll be on Grandeur next month, and I'm really looking forward to it - as my first RCI cruise was on a Vision-class ship (Splendour) in 2005.

I am not loyal to any line. They all have to fight for my hard earned dollar. Ive sailed them all and I just dont see the huge difference in any line. Whoever gives me the best offer, with the most bonuses, will see me on their ship. For me its that simple. Loyalty creates a monopoly. Then you get screwed like some are seeing today.

Best way to look at it, IMHO.

I have been loyal to royal for many years now and have another cruise booked for next summer but am not sure if I am going to keep the booking. I am waiting for Princess to come out with rates for a 9 night cruise as well so I can compare and I will go with the lower priced cruise. I have never cruised Princess but am willing to switch if the price is right. If it were this summer, Princess would be $1000 cheaper. I like RCCL but for $1000 I will change in a heart beat.

We enjoyed all our cruises on both Princess and Royal Caribbean, with each having some things we liked and disliked when we compared the two lines. That said, we're giving Carnival a try because of pricing. We were originally booked on the Mariner for a family cruise in July, but switched to the Splendor because the savings for 11 of us was more than $7,000. If we like the Splendor then DH & I will take our next Spring Break cruise from Galveston on the Conquest instead of the Voyager. This will also be because of price and not because of the changes at RCCL & in the C&A program. The two of us were able to book a Cat. 11 suite on the Conquest for $1,500 less than a JS on the Voyager. That's a lot of Drinks of the Day!

We hit Diamond last year, we're also stockholders and a visa card holder (stupid me, they caught me hook, line and sinker). We have a teenager daughter so the Voyager class ships always made more sense for us. After this many cruises the appeal of the ice rink, rock climbing wall, etc. has worn down. We sailed on Celebrity Summit a couple of weeks ago which offered new ports such as Grenada, Dominica and Bonaire. We learned it's really the ports and cost that should make our decision not loyalty.

Now we feel free to look at any line as long as they're going where we want to go and offer a good deal. Three months ago I wouldn't have felt this way because the Diamond, stockholder, next cruise and credit card perks made it too hard to look elsewhere.

I feel from a business standpoint that this is one of the stupidest things a company could do. Alienate your best customers who cruise 2-3 times per year and send them elsewhere. Great concept!

My wife and I cruise twice per year. We have cruised primarily Celebrity, HAL and Carnival. We have decided to give RCL our business due to the ships. We only cruised SOS 1 time in 1999. It's their bigger ships that are drawing us in now. We usually just get a balcony and have never accumulated any real perks. Looking forward to our new experience.

• 3 weeks later...

We were always loyal to Royal, but have decided to try Carnival. The changes they did to Diamond members irritated us, primarily because of the way it was handled. Also, we got a military rate with Carnival. So, we're definitely ready to give Carnival a try! :)

We've sailed a number of lines and will try a couple more this fall. That said, RCL will likely always get most of our bookings because we find their new ships to have the best entertainment and bars, which is a priority for us. If we liked other pursuits more, we'd likely sail other lines more.

RCL had changed in the time we've sailed with them but then again, so have the other lines if you read the CC board for them. There are a lot of things that get us on a ship (price, ship, itinerary, line).

Anyone left Royal?

Happy Cruising

Never left, never will, never cried boo-hoo that I would. Not to say I will be exclusive to RCCL, planning a group cruise for former USAF Cops on CCL in fact for next summer because CCL is only one going out of Galveston in the summer but, I prefer RCCL and will use them when I can

I've sailed Norwegian before (no problems and liked it just fine) and am considering canceling an RCL cruise to try Carnival. RCL just doesn't seem competitive on price. You may "get what you pay for," but there are some things RCL offer that I may not want to pay for.

For my interests and tastes, I'm wagering that the RCL cabin premium isn't a good value for me--perhaps it's a bet I'll lose. We'll see.

I dislike formal nights and it won't bother me if Carnival's decor is a bit garish. I cruise primarily for adventure in port, not for elegance onboard.

I'm not vested in RCL's loyalty program and am not impressed by the perks.

Haven't made a final decision yet, but will soon as the deadline for a 100% refund approaches.

Mike

We are not leaving RCCL. We have a cruise booked in Nov 09 on RCCL, and a cruise booked on CCL Apr 10. We are just trying diffrent line, you can read all the reviews, but noy\thing liker seeing for yourself.

Royal is stuck with us for life! :eek: Till death do us part! :rolleyes:

Love each and every one of our Royal cruise experiences. 90% of our cruises are/will be with Royal the other 10% we throw in once in awhile is Carnival/Celebrity/Princess.

Unless the onboard experience changes we are in for life with no chance of parole. :p

Archived