Poll: Music on Solstice

Germancruiser

Do you like the constan music on board Solstice  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the constan music on board Solstice

• Yes
    • No
    • Don´t care

I have not been on t his ship yet, going on Equniox in October. This post reminds of an experience I had not a cruise, where there was blarring music in the gym. I found it distracting and it took away from simply enjoying the views to the sea. I found others besides myself did not enjoy it. One day, asked a staff person to turn down the sound. The staff advised they could not as management required it. I asked to talk to the manager, the sound was turned down.

We need to speak up while we are on the ship. Sometimes staff do what suites them vs the passengers. The music and sound were definitely more suited to the 20 something crowd. I think we were on Holland American at the time.

Hello

that´s what I thought too, the music was more for the 20 something people. LOL.

Robin- I choose Solstice, as much as I liked the ship, because of the itinierary and the perfect matching time. If the Equinox would have done the greek islands- I would have choosen Equinox and without hestitation any Millenium- Class ship.

Greetings

Michael

Hello

that´s what I thought too, the music was more for the 20 something people. LOL.

Robin- I choose Solstice, as much as I liked the ship, because of the itinierary and the perfect matching time. If the Equinox would have done the greek islands- I would have choosen Equinox and without hestitation any Millenium- Class ship.

Greetings

Michael

thati s what i wanted to hear. I pick the itinierary first. I ad,mit I am tkaing an RCI cruise this weekdn as i wanted to see Galveston. I could do the same port from FL. next year I will be back in 2 out of three ports.

Also I am thinking the M class ships for Alaska. I was going to go summer of 2010 but putting it off for 2 years. next spring is Africa and no long flights after that.

To me the Equinox will be be the Solstice but newer:D and i hope with some improvements. my cruise also has several people from Germany. Also i ma sold on Celebrity even being sick the second week. will pack warmer clothes for next year.

We just did not have this issue on our 1/25 Solstice trip--

Hope when we return in Sept it will be gone ----who needs jumpy music all day long when you are trying to read or relax. And no I would not prefer Lawrence Welk--just don't need canned music all day

Does anyone remember when they had NOTES & you could rent IPODs & tunes? they turned that into acupuncture space....

On our cruise the only ones we saw in the disco were little kids swinging onthe little chairs!

Hello

for me- it is really unusual to decide the itinerary over the ship. I choose the ship and then I choose the destinations. LOL . So thats for that. Hope you get not sick next time Robin.

I remember very well when there was Notes on Board Millenium Class ships, nice spot, but I guess not without reason turned into this Accupunctre - thing!

I hope X will do something against the music all over the places. If Í would look for that kind of thing, I rather would go with Carnival.

Michael

I was on RCI in Feb and will be back on Sunday. i felt that the noise all l day long at the pool very old very quick. At least on Solstice you could find quiet areas outside.

Due to the ship being cold i hardly walked walked on dec 4 or 5 during the day. over it all i heard the slot machines going

So how can we let X know we do not want the canned music?

Since we did not have it on our trip, we could not mention it on the exit poll or the follow up we received awhile ago?

I just recall how dreadful it was on Royal C last time out--all over--in the stores, hallways, pool area----rap music with nasty lyrics!

So how can we let X know we do not want the canned music?

Since we did not have it on our trip, we could not mention it on the exit poll or the follow up we received awhile ago?

I just recall how dreadful it was on Royal C last time out--all over--in the stores, hallways, pool area----rap music with nasty lyrics!

It wasn't just the canned music, at least, that was better than the horrid live music. Anytime I seen that quartet, I went the other way. Same with the guy and his guitar. Horrible!!!

The best music was at the Oceanview bar, we sat and listened to that every day.

Judy

Archived