New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

First time traveling as Elite, and have a question. What is normally included in the mini-bar set up? How many mini's? soda's, water? any snacks?

The complimentary mini bar does not include any type of snacks like in a hotel room. Just drinks.

Your mini-bar set-up features a selection of classic favorites, including:

• Two miniature bottles of Courvoisier V.S.
  • Two miniature bottles of Beefeater Gin
  • Two miniature bottles of Smirnoff (Skyy) Vodka
  • Two miniature bottles of Canadian Club Whiskey
  • Two 12 ounce bottles of Dos Equis
  • Two 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola
  • Two 12 ounce cans of Sprite
  • Two 0.5 liter bottles of water
  • Two 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

You can switch out those you don't like on a one to one basis only.

Direct from Princess:

In keeping with our commitment to your satisfaction, we have listened to your suggestions and are now happy to announce that you may make substitutions to the standard set-up. Once aboard, please contact Room Service for these special requests. If you prefer wine, you may opt to exchange the mini-bar set-up for one bottle of any of the following: Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc or Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir. Miniature bottles of spirits may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature varieties. And, if you prefer, all mini-bar contents may also be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with non-alcoholic beverages. That's not all – if you choose to add to your mini-bar, your beverages can be restocked for a nominal charge. You will not be charged for any unopened beverages.

Kool kruiser, please read the above quote to see what I was referring to.

It appears what KarenCl was offered on the Star was considerably less than the wonderful hors d'oeuvres we were offered on The Ruby when this perk was first introduced.

I'm not surprised, however, because there doesn't seem to be enough participation each evening to warrant such an elaborate spread.

I will be back on The Ruby next month and hopefully it will be the same as it was the first time.

Thanks so much for clarifying. It will be interesting to see what is offered on the Royal for our cruise at the end of this month.

Sounds like a wonderful trip ! - Do you know if suite passengers were offered any version of the "suite breakfast" plan in effect on the other class of ships ?

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this.

that is a trip I have always dreamed of doing and I love the Dawn. How was it? Would love to hear anything you have to share, so if you do a review, post a link here so we can hear about it.

Just adding to Jolls post...

heres the link to the Dawn Princess World Cruise thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1015892&page=17

I'm on the Star next fall in an owners suite and had a question about the Sabatinis breakfast. Is it super card controlled or do you just need to tell them your room number.

Our group is split with two of us in the owners suite and two in an inside cabin and we would like to stay together for the breakfasts at Sabatinis.

Also would like to include the inside cabin family members with us for the Elite/Suite predinner cocktails? Does anyone out there anticipate issues for us?

Any advice and thoughts are much appreciated...

Wow... that's very disappointing. NCL was very cool about it as we traveled in the same situation a few years ago and we were able to take advantage of all the extras as a group.

I was hoping that as the owners suite could hold four and that we only had two in there, that there would be some flexibility there with our two co-travelers.

Anyone else out there with experience in this area?

Except that then more people would bring their families and book one suite and cheaper cabins and then the benefit could be abused and get crowded and ruin the experience. It's just like the elite perks are for the card holder only. (unlimited internet was abused by elites and now it is not unlimited).

Further clarification of our booking uniqueness...

My husband and I are Captains Circle and my sister and her husband are not... so in order to take advantage of a great discount offer my husband received, we booked my sister and me in the owners suite and my husband and brother in law in the nearby inside cabin saving over $2000.

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like we may have to forgo some of the very controlled perks (Unless we can arrange an exception? Any one ever heard of that happening?) if we want to stay together for those perks.

Not a big deal... just not as fun as we would have liked. Our situation is very odd to say the least... but the savings were too good to pass up.

If you switch the passengers assigned to the OS around after boarding, then your husband and yourself would be able to attend the breakfast at Sabatinis. But I honestly doubt they are going to allow those in an inside stateroom to join you, doesn't matter how you booked.

This is done for a reason as if everyone brought guests, it would be full and there would be no room for suite passengers. If they allowed one guest, before they knew it some would be showing up with a dozen, where would they draw the line? Not speaking of you, but that old "give em an inch and they will take a mile" happens quite often when it comes to perks and invites.

I have read reports where some have tried bringing guests, and the non-suite guests were turned away at the door as their name was not on the list. The only time I have seen this rule bent is if those in the full suites had younger children booked in another type of stateroom.

Although I understand your problem, I also understand how perks for suites (and Elites) are easily abused. They stand pretty firm on these rules right now.

THANKS MUCH, Toto!

I was wondering if we could switch the occupants around once we had boarded! It would simplify our lives greatly...

I agree totally with the potential for abuse... just wondered about the possibilities (without much expectation of success... especially in these economic times). The last thing I want to see is the perks getting messed up... especially since we booked the suite :)

Figure it never hurts to ask... my sister is a young recent breast cancer survivor with a smaller income than mine so I was interested in finding ways to make her cruise experience more fun.

Really appreciate all the good info you guys have been posting about all the new perks... keep up the good work and thanks for the detailed answers about what to expect.

Have only been on Princess once before and had a great time.

I totally agree, it never hurts to ask, and who knows, maybe they will lighten up a bit on the rules by then. Just don't be disappointed if the answer is no. One poster was furious when he was not allowed to bring in his entire family for the breakfast since they had booked several staterooms and he paid for them all but only he and his wife were booked in the full suite.

To switch your staterooms around after boarding, just go to the purser's desk with all parties involved, and they will handle the change, the new cruise cards and the seperate onboard accounts for you there. And remember too, if you would like them to have a card to get into your room to enjoy the balcony or space, the purser's desk can arrange this for you also. Have a great cruise!

Is this facility available on Sea Princess please?

The question if the Sabatinis breakfast is available on the Sun Class ships seems to have gone unanswered lately. I have read this question many times, but nobody seems to know for sure. Since the Sun Class ships don't offer Sabatinis or even a dedicated restaurant for Sterlings Steakhouse (instead they use a portion of the Horizon Court in the evening), nobody seems to know for sure. Hopefully someone that has sailed in a full suite will return soon and give us the scoop on if it's offered or not.

It wasn't the Sabatinis breakfast I was querying, it was about the Skywalkers Elite/Suite facility on the Sea Princess.

Not sure if this is offered anywhere on the Sea Princess. The venue's onboard to hold something like this are much more limited on the Sun Class ships.

If you are sailing soon, it would be great if you reported back to all if they offered the cocktail party for suites and Elites each evening. ;)

Further clarification of our booking uniqueness...

My husband and I are Captains Circle and my sister and her husband are not... so in order to take advantage of a great discount offer my husband received, we booked my sister and me in the owners suite and my husband and brother in law in the nearby inside cabin saving over $2000.

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like we may have to forgo some of the very controlled perks (Unless we can arrange an exception? Any one ever heard of that happening?) if we want to stay together for those perks.

Not a big deal... just not as fun as we would have liked. Our situation is very odd to say the least... but the savings were too good to pass up.

You played the game well, we do the same thing.

The question if the Sabatinis breakfast is available on the Sun Class ships seems to have gone unanswered lately. I have read this question many times, but nobody seems to know for sure. Since the Sun Class ships don't offer Sabatinis or even a dedicated restaurant for Sterlings Steakhouse (instead they use a portion of the Horizon Court in the evening), nobody seems to know for sure. Hopefully someone that has sailed in a full suite will return soon and give us the scoop on if it's offered or not.

I decided to call Princess to ask about the Suite Breakfast on the Sun Class ships (since nobody seems to know for sure)- I was told

"The Suite Breakfast offered on the Sun, Sea and Dawn Princess is offered as an en-suite (room service) full breakfast (including champagne or bloody mary !) to all (full) suite passengers."

It would still be nice to hear from someone who has sailed recently who can confirm !!

Archived