Increase of deposit????

dresch25

I was at the Princess page on facebook and someone posted this question

"Ed Fenster I heard that as of May 1st Princess is going to a percentage deposit (10%) instead of a flat rate. Anyone else heard this?"5:02pm

Anyone know the answer?

"Ed FensterI heard that as of May 1st Princess is going to a percentage deposit (10%) instead of a flat rate. Anyone else heard this?"5:02pm

Anyone know the answer?

Hi there. Coincidentally, we just booked our first Princess cruise yesterday - and the deposit was 10% of he cruise price. We are used to paying £100 per person with Celebrity - but the 10% worked out about the same. I didn't realise this was a new thing. What did it used to be?

Sue

Hi there. Coincidentally, we just booked our first Princess cruise yesterday - and the deposit was 10% of he cruise price. We are used to paying £100 per person with Celebrity - but the 10% worked out about the same. I didn't realise this was a new thing. What did it used to be?

Sue

I'm not really sure, I always have FCC that I use for my booking, I think but don't hold me to it, that is $200.00 pp??? :o:o

"Ed FensterI heard that as of May 1st Princess is going to a percentage deposit (10%) instead of a flat rate. Anyone else heard this?"5:02pm

Anyone know the answer?

That definitely would not be an increase! My miminum deposit for my Ruby cruise (which was cancelled, but that's another story) was $465 on a total fare of around $2325. That's 20%.

I just booked the two 3-day cruises on the Ruby in December and the deposit in relation to the cruise price is 17% for the first leg and 18% for the second. Go figure:confused::confused:
Weird. Other than the FCC, there hasn't been a flat rate deposit my knowledge. Anyway, the FCC is still a bargain.

Weird. Other than the FCC, there hasn't been a flat rate deposit my knowledge. Anyway, the FCC is still a bargain.

I was going to use my FCC for these two cruises but since they are only 3 day cruises I didn't get any OBC so I put the deposit on my credit card.

By the way Pam were you in the airport in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday? There was a woman who was waiting for a plane that looked exactly as your profile picture.

By the way Pam were you in the airport in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday? There was a woman who was waiting for a plane that looked exactly as your profile picture.
Sorry; that wasn't me. :( I was there in February, not last Saturday.

We booked today for Pacific Princess, August 19th, 2010...my deposit...per person...are you ready???? $80...WTH??? Wasn't even worth using a FCC. I had the TA double check and she said for some sailings Princess was running a deposit special. Checked my credit card, it was only charged $160.

Traditionally, Princess has required a 20% deposit. I booked recently a PS category and only paid a $200 deposit total. I believe this was a promotion they were offering at the time. Celebrity/Azamara usually require a 10%-15% deposit.

Princess Deposits for the US & Canada:

Generally, 20% of the cruise fare

$100 per person when they're having a Cruise Sale or the agency you're booking through is having one

$100 per person if you're using an FCC

It used to be set amounts like with Celebrity, RCI, HAL, NCL, etc., then they went to 30% of the cruise fare for a very short time, then they dropped it down to 20%.

We booked today for Pacific Princess, August 19th, 2010...my deposit...per person...are you ready???? $80...WTH??? Wasn't even worth using a FCC.

Yes, it was worth using an FCC. Without using it, you will not get the "free money" in the form of onboard credit for this cruise.

Yes, it was worth using an FCC. Without using it, you will not get the "free money" in the form of onboard credit for this cruise.

Well techinically for us, it wasn't worth it. We are hoping to use it for an exotic or asia cruise when they come out. So it would have far more weight on a cruise where I have to pay a 20% deposit. If I'd have had more than one on hand, then of course.

Archived