Invited To Oasis Bridge With Captain

Hello everyone,

A couple minutes ago i found out i was invited to go up to the Oasis Bridge for a tour headed by the captain. A family member of mine's ultrasound patient is the Head of the Oasis project and managed to hook us up with this invite. Lets hope that we can get an upgrade too ;). I've never been on the bridge of any RCI ship let alone the biggest in the world so it's definitely something to look forward to! Anybody know what i should expect?

Thanks much,

Evilblah

I believe the captain is going to be Tor Olsen. He is very personable and handsome too. We were invited to dine with him on our second RCI cruise and our first cruise on the Voyager several years ago. He also invited all at the table to a tour of the bridge the next day. What fun!

I believe the captain is going to be Tor Olsen. He is very personable and handsome too. We were invited to dine with him on our second RCI cruise and our first cruise on the Voyager several years ago. He also invited all at the table to a tour of the bridge the next day. What fun!

Awesome! I hear captain Olsen is great. One of my favorites is the captain of the freedom..trying to remember his name. Maybe i'll be able to honk the horn or yes, even do donuts at high speed.

Congratulations - we have been to the bridge on several of the ships - All of the Freedom Class ships and it was very interesting and exciting!!!

There are alot of electronics to see - Enjoy!!!!

Sounds cool! Im gonna ignore the fact that you're cruising in a crown loft and didn't invite me ;)

We were told on Independence that the bridge will not be larger than that of the Freedom class.

Interesting..seeming the Oasis is wider than the Freedom. I can't wait to see how loud Oasis's horns are.

Interesting..seeming the Oasis is wider than the Freedom. I can't wait to see how loud Oasis's horns are.

I would have assumed the same as you....but this was on a bridge tour of the Independence and the person handling the tour stated--with pride--that there would not be a larger bridge than theirs.

Awesome! I hear captain Olsen is great. One of my favorites is the captain of the freedom..trying to remember his name. Maybe i'll be able to honk the horn or yes, even do donuts at high speed.

Was it Captain Manolis Kassalas? We think he is wonderful!

Hello everyone,

A couple minutes ago i found out i was invited to go up to the Oasis Bridge for a tour headed by the captain. A family member of mine's ultrasound patient is the Head of the Oasis project and managed to hook us up with this invite. Lets hope that we can get an upgrade too ;). I've never been on the bridge of any RCI ship let alone the biggest in the world so it's definitely something to look forward to! Anybody know what i should expect?

Thanks much,

Evilblah

It is pretty much the same as the bridge on the Freedom Class, only wider, and new arrangements for the ships security systems. I have current photos, showing a mass of wires everywhere, but in the interest of security do not think it is a good idea to post them hear.

Awesome! It is exciting to be up on the bridge with the Captain. The views from up there are great! I have photos of the bridge tour we were fortunate to have on the Independence Pre-Inaugural in Southampton. We all enjoyed the tour. :)

Photos of bridge tour start here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563288702TpMeic?start=180

Hello everyone,

Thanks much,

Evilblah

Wow that is great! I would think that particular Bridge Tour will be so exciting! I would be doing somersaults!! So were you notified by email and who did the invited come from?

Not sure I will book the Oasis, but those ships I have been on, we have been fortunate to have been invited to do the bridge tours.

Annieeee

It's a lot of fun and very interesting. I have met with Captain Johanson on the Majesty of the Seas a couple of times. Very informative. By all means go.

Hello everyone,

Thanks much,

Evilblah

Sorry - you are more than welcome to pop in!!

I just might have to ;)

It is pretty much the same as the bridge on the Freedom Class, only wider, and new arrangements for the ships security systems. I have current photos, showing a mass of wires everywhere, but in the interest of security do not think it is a good idea to post them hear.

Could you PM them to me?

Wow that is great! I would think that particular Bridge Tour will be so exciting! I would be doing somersaults!! So were you notified by email and who did the invited come from?

Not sure I will book the Oasis, but those ships I have been on, we have been fortunate to have been invited to do the bridge tours.

Annieeee

I was actually notified by my relative. The invite came from the head supervisor of the Oasis Class Ships.

Awesome! It is exciting to be up on the bridge with the Captain. The views from up there are great! I have photos of the bridge tour we were fortunate to have on the Independence Pre-Inaugural in Southampton. We all enjoyed the tour. :)

Photos of bridge tour start here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563288702TpMeic?start=180

Thank you for these pics! Amazing! (If i remember) ill post the pics from the tour.

have fun!

capt olsen was quite the comedian when he was one of our THREE captains on Ex back in Feb (on the 1st cruise AFTER the 'incident' with the prop!)

Hello everyone,

Thanks much,

Evilblah

Congratulations!!!

As aquahound said itis not that huge but It's really cool to see all the cool technology they use and you cannot miss the wings and the view you have from them!!! I've just been to Celebrity Solstice's bridge last week(first time on a bridge) and it was awesome! They even have a little living room for the captain in the middle of the bridge :D I will try to visit the bridges of all the ships we're going from now on ;) because it is a different experience! ENJOY !

Archived