FLL Upscale Hotel Post-Cruise

I am looking for an upscale FLL-area hotel close to or on the beach for a post-cruise stay at Christmastime. The Ritz is sold out for that time and I'm on the wait list; I reserved a suite at the Hilton FLL Beach Resort as a backup.

I'm looking for recommendations and, in particular, any reviews re: the Hilton FLL Beach Resort, the Atlantic, il Lugano, the W (for anyone who stays there after it opens at the end of this month), or any others. Someplace within walking distance to some restaurants, etc., would be nice because we don't plan on renting a car. Thanks!

I am looking for an upscale FLL-area hotel close to or on the beach for a post-cruise stay at Christmastime. The Ritz is sold out for that time and I'm on the wait list; I reserved a suite at the Hilton FLL Beach Resort as a backup.

I'm looking for recommendations and, in particular, any reviews re: the Hilton FLL Beach Resort, the Atlantic, il Lugano, the W (for anyone who stays there after it opens at the end of this month), or any others. Someplace within walking distance to some restaurants, etc., would be nice because we don't plan on renting a car. Thanks!

Try this one, might work for your date. Usually price is twice as much.

Hollywood Beach Marriott

2501 North Ocean Drive

Hollywood, Florida 33019 USA

It's located right on the beach ! Great reviews ! Not far from FLL airport and pier.

When booking on the Marriott.com site, just put in PKG where it says Corporate/promotional code

Price should come out at $159.00 plus $17.49 ffor taxes and fees. total for 1 night stay. $176.49

Jimbo

We stayed at the Hilton FLL Beach in December. Good location close to restaurants, walking or short cab rides. Across the street from the beach, but that is not a problem at all. Accommodations were excellent, as we had a one bedroom suite with a partial ocean view. Would definitely stay there again.

Mike

Il Lugano is actually a few blocks away from the beach, just in case you didn't know that. There are about a dozen restaurants you could walk to, but none are at the beach. There is an upscale restaurant in the hotel.

The others that you mentioned are all very nice and are accessible to the bus, trolley, and water taxi. The Westin also just opened by the Hilton and is on par with the Hilton or even nicer. I stopped in last weekend and it's really nice. Marriott Harbor Beach, Westin Diplomat (Hollywood), and Pelican Beach Resort (boutique style) are all very nice but are not in the middle of everything like the others.

If you are interested in an upscale full-service resort that you don't have to leave once you get there, check out the Boca Raton Resort...it's an expansive breathtaking palace just 30 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale! It has several restaurants and a beach club...That would be my first choice.

If you're considering the Boca Raton Resort, also look at the Bridge Hotel. It's across the inlet from the hotel. If you get the intercoastal view, you look at the hotel and can see the boat traffic & sometimes manatees. It has a pretty good restaurant there. We stay there often, as we have family nearby. We're staying there before our cruise in July.

Hollywood Beach Marriott

2501 North Ocean Drive

It's located right on the beach ! Great reviews ! Not far from FLL airport and pier.

When booking on the Marriott.com site, just put in PKG where it says Corporate/promotional code

Price should come out at $159.00 plus $17.49 ffor taxes and fees. total for 1 night stay. $176.49

Jimbo

I'd like to know how you get this rate because I would love to take advantage of a price like that at that Marriott....I checked with the promo code and the cheapest I can get a room is $359

I'd like to know how you get this rate because I would love to take advantage of a price like that at that Marriott....I checked with the promo code and the cheapest I can get a room is $359

What date(s) do you need?

Just follow the directions above, the key is to put in the PKG where it says to put in the code. Corporate/promotional code

Jimbo:)

What date(s) do you need?

Just follow the directions above, the key is to put in the PKG where it says to put in the code. Corporate/promotional code

Jimbo:)

This was for next March...put in dates and code, first it told me I could't have 4 in a room (2 adults, 2 kids) and then when I changed the numbers, lowest rate was $359.00....and went up from there...guess I won't be staying there...thanks anyway for your help

Hollywood Beach Marriott

2501 North Ocean Drive

Jimbo

This looks very nice. We need a post cruise hotel.

Hubby smokes...:rolleyes: Are you allowed to smoke on your balcony in Florida?

Thank you.

This looks very nice. We need a post cruise hotel.

Hubby smokes...:rolleyes: Are you allowed to smoke on your balcony in Florida?

Thank you.

marriott forbids smoking in all hotel rooms, and IIRC it is also prohibited on balconies as well.....(smoke will drift into the room!) you'd have to go outside of the hotel to smoke (out the front door they usually have a designated smoking area.)_

and as for the PKG rate being available...it may not be loaded yet, or, March is spring break and they can fill the rooms at a much higher price than 159.........

hth

The Westin Diplomat in Hollywood os a fantastic hotel.

It is right on the beach has a wonderful pool area and the rooms are modern and spacious.

The service is, we found, as good as the Ritz, across the walkway is the intercostal waterway with a number of restaurants.

The pool terrace is also excellent and the choices at lunch are varied and well portioned. Nearby are a number of other restaurants and the hotel has a very upscale steakhouse which offers fabulous steaks.

I would stay at this hotel in a heartbeat.

If you are a member of starwood preferred guests there are some excellent packages.

Good luck.

Archived