Going from Gold to Platinum Status???

dresch25

I have a silly question but here it goes.

DH and I just returned from the Ruby on 4/4 which was our 5th Princess cruise, we have now reached Platinum status :D. I booked an Alaska cruise for August and the October Repo cruise from NY while we were Gold status. I was on my cruise personalizer to start looking for excursion for Alaska and it has our Princess Captain Circle as gold. Will this change when I am able to print my boarding passes? I know that they have a separate waiting area for elite and platinum members, and other perks while on board. Should I call Princess to have them make the adjustment or will it be adjusted without a phone call?

Yes -- call Princess and ask for Captain Circle Department. Just to make "sure" that your Cabin Card for your next cruise is the right color. My cruise personalizer "booking summary" did change after our final payment but I think our TA requested the change.

I have a silly question but here it goes.

DH and I just returned from the Ruby on 4/4 which was our 5th Princess cruise, we have now reached Platinum status :D. I booked an Alaska cruise for August and the October Repo cruise from NY while we were Gold status. I was on my cruise personalizer to start looking for excursion for Alaska and it has our Princess Captain Circle as gold. Will this change when I am able to print my boarding passes? I know that they have a separate waiting area for elite and platinum members, and other perks while on board. Should I call Princess to have them make the adjustment or will it be adjusted without a phone call?

Our status changed automatically also. In fact we received a notification of our status change in our statroom mailbox on our last day of our 5th cruise. You might want to call and verify your status.

Don

Yes the Captain Circle Status changes automatically but if one has booked a cruise under the old status the status in the booking summary does not change. The cruise card for that cruise will be based on the status in the booking summary. It is best to get a cruise card of the right color rather than hassling with the change once on-board.

We also got back from the Ruby on 4/4. It was our first cruise. The day after we returned I went on the Princess site and my status was already changed to gold.

Yes the Captain Circle Status changes automatically but if one has booked a cruise under the old status the status in the booking summary does not change. The cruise card for that cruise will be based on the status in the booking summary. It is best to get a cruise card of the right color rather than hassling with the change once on-board.

Even after receiving our Elite cards in the mail, our personalizer showed platinum, however a quite call to the captains circle folks corrected it right away.

Thank you, We received out Platinum cards in our "Shipbox" on the last night of our cruise. When I go to the main page of "My Princess" it indicates that I am Platinum. I will call Princess so they can update my Booking Summary.

Okay, now I have a question. I, too, turned Platinum after my last cruise and my status on the Personalizer for my upcoming cruise does indeed show me as Platinum. However, unlike others who have posted herein, I received nothing on my last cruise in the mailbox about the change of status, nor have I received any new card in the mail. What am I missing? I know Princess has my address because I get my Captain's Circle newsletter and LOTS of promo mailers. . . .

Okay, now I have a question. I, too, turned Platinum after my last cruise and my status on the Personalizer for my upcoming cruise does indeed show me as Platinum. However, unlike others who have posted herein, I received nothing on my last cruise in the mailbox about the change of status, nor have I received any new card in the mail. What am I missing? I know Princess has my address because I get my Captain's Circle newsletter and LOTS of promo mailers. . . .

We never received anything in the mail either, but when I booked our next cruise it listed us as Platinum. Our ship cards for that cruise were Platinum, and we didn't have any problems. I think since you're seeing Platinum in your Personalizer, everything's just fine.

We never received anything in the mail either, but when I booked our next cruise it listed us as Platinum. Our ship cards for that cruise were Platinum, and we didn't have any problems. I think since you're seeing Platinum in your Personalizer, everything's just fine.

Thank you for your reassurance!

I have been on two more cruises than my wife (did 2 with ex). On the last night on our last cruise, in our mailbox was a letter from Captains circle with a congradulations letter and a Plantnium card with my name on it. On our new booking for our cruise in 5 weeks I am listed as Platinum and my wife is listed as gold....

I have been on two more cruises than my wife (did 2 with ex). On the last night on our last cruise, in our mailbox was a letter from Captains circle with a congradulations letter and a Plantnium card with my name on it. On our new booking for our cruise in 5 weeks I am listed as Platinum and my wife is listed as gold....

Well, clearly, I've been dissed! I guess I'll now go sulk in a corner. Or maybe I should be like some who have started thumbs-down threads (naming no names!) and swear off Princess forever for this unforgiveable oversight . . . Yep, that's what I'll do. The minute I've done every single itinerary they offer, I'm outta here.

like many of you we did not get a single thing at the end of our fifth cruise either in our cabin mailbox or mailed to our home. Only recently did we actually go see the Captain Circle hostess and get Platinum pins.

We also didn't get automatically changed to Platinum on our Personalizer after the fifth cruise, but I think that was because the future cruise was booked well before the fifth cruise. But all it took was a call to the Captain Circle hostess.

We are turning Elite soon, in fact we are on a back to back and the first leg is our 15th cruise, second leg is Elite. So I want to make sure it is dealt with before hand. Some how the mini bar setup is calling my name.

Like some of you, we also did not receive anything in our mailslot on our last night or receive anything in the mail. Our cruise personalizer did say we had completed 5 cruises. I don't remember if it said we were platinium or not but on our next cruise, we did receive the right color card when we checked in. The Captain's Circle Hostess on our 6th cruise gave us our pins once she was advised that we had not received them.

We are turning Elite soon, in fact we are on a back to back and the first leg is our 15th cruise, second leg is Elite. So I want to make sure it is dealt with before hand. Some how the mini bar setup is calling my name.

To make sure things go smoothly, speak to the onboard Captain's Circle rep during the first segment. He/she is the one who will be preparing the Elite status cards, so just make sure he/she has you down for the upgrade in status.

To make sure things go smoothly, speak to the onboard Captain's Circle rep during the first segment. He/she is the one who will be preparing the Elite status cards, so just make sure he/she has you down for the upgrade in status.

thanks

But before we even board the b2b we will be able to see on our boarding pass if in fact they have changed our status for the second leg... if they haven't we will contact Princess and get them to correct, which is what we did when we moved from Gold to Platinum.

like many of you we did not get a single thing at the end of our fifth cruise either in our cabin mailbox or mailed to our home. Only recently did we actually go see the Captain Circle hostess and get Platinum pins.

We also didn't get automatically changed to Platinum on our Personalizer after the fifth cruise, but I think that was because the future cruise was booked well before the fifth cruise. But all it took was a call to the Captain Circle hostess.

Did you make the call to Princess, the 800 number or is there a different number to call to speak with someone from the Captain Circle?

Our status changed automatically also. In fact we received a notification of our status change in our statroom mailbox on our last day of our 5th cruise. You might want to call and verify your status.

Don

Ditto! The cruise personalizer was the first thing I checked upon my arrival home from my 5th cruise, and my status changed automatically on the next cruise which we already had booked. The only thing I saw that didn't change was my insurance coverage...for Platinum you get a free "upgrade" and it still has me at the lower grade. We've instructed the TA to change that if it's easy....or if not, to just ignore it. :)

Archived