what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

Hi im new so please be gentle:). Anyway, ive seen alot of highly amusing incidents during my time on cruise ships - the most bizarre is probably the guy who started hitting golf shots from the top deck on a cruise from the UK to Europe - nutter!:eek:

I was on a cruise (can't remember which one but I think it was a Norwegian ship) and took a kitchen tour. The blond crewmember giving the tour spoke English as a second language. He was giving the statistics on how much food was used during a typical cruise. He was reading from a paper and listing things like gallons of milk, dozens of eggs and 20,000 lips of chicken, 40,000 lips of cheese, 5000 lips of butter. We couldn't figure out what he was saying until we read our handouts where it said 20,000 lbs. of chicken, etc. I suppose I should have told him that was an abbreviation for pounds!

More recently, my boyfriend and I went on a cruise to Antarctica. He wakes earlier than me and goes out to get some coffee. I didn't crack an eye when he left but when he came back, I looked up. He was in his boxers and a T-shirt! I couldn't believe he went to get coffee like that! He swears no one was up to see him but my cruise this month is solo!

Sally

Last year on one of our Carnival cruises, my husband and I were going back to our room when we saw a 'trail of blood'. We followed it for quite a few feet to outside a door a few rooms down from us. There the blood was quite substancial so we were quite worried. My husband went to find help and they opened the door to find an older man with quite a few open wounds on his leg. Not sure how they got there but he was a mess and in quite a bit of pain. They asked us to leave and they blocked off his room until the doctor had seem him. Never heard anything again after we were asked to leave but it was a truly 'scary' sight...

On the Elation last June my cruise buddy (my 15 year old daughter) and I were getting on the elevator. When the doors opened, there were 2 gorilla's waiting for us - one pink and one blue! They grabbed hands and skipped off the elevator whistling at my daughter. The next day we were laying out by the pool and I had fallen asleep. I woke up when I felt something tickle my ear. I looked over and it was the pink gorilla laying next to me sunning with a drink in his hand. Needless to say, it was hysterical. We had so much fun watching these characters run around the ship all week. In fact, we are leaving on another cruise in 2 weeks and I wanted to get a cow outfit - but my daughter says NO WAY! :p

Another story...... (gross)

2 years aga we were just debarking off the Rhapsody in Galveston and were heading to the stairs. I looked over in the corner and there was an older gentlemen pooping in the corner. He was so surprised by us that he pulled his pants up and dashed off as quick as he could. IT WAS DISGUSTING! Guess he just couldn't make it! Talk about stinkey!:eek:

OMG, I'm crying laughing!

Gee, some people forget that they were once 14 too. And fortunately or not, as we age, we experience some revisionist history, so as not to be embarrassed by our own behavior. :rolleyes:

My mother would have reacted the same way as nbastats, and it probably saved me from becoming a rebel.:) Parenting isn't all about policing. My mother certainly knew how to embarrass me into doing the right thing!:D

But, if I'm honest, the things I did on cruise ships as a teenager!:eek: I survived, and was better and more mature for the experience.

Sounds as though your daughter- must be in her 20's by now, is suitably embarrassed by her behavior, and did a little growing up with your gentle hand.

Andrew

Oh thank you! I was going to comment, but decided not to and look at that... the very next comment, you did it for me!

You can bet that kid didn't think she was getting away with much. Parents have a wonderful way of keeping you on your toes. Her mother made her think about it herself instead of the mother doing all the thinking for the kid by harping/freaking out.

Anyways.... back to the fun, this string is great!

I don't know if anyone else is going to find this funny but...

I went to a comedy show one night and my daughter said she would catch up soon. I sat in the front row and the comedian started asking random questions.... where are you from etc. (I said Toronto).

He noticed that was not wearing shoes and started razzing me about it. "Cruise cost too much? Can't afford shoes too?" etc. I was embarrassed, so I just tried to ignore him. Then my daughter arrives (also somehow shoeless) and the comedian immediately targets her. "OH! I bet your with her!" (pointing to me) She's amazed that knew this and says "YES!" He said "I know, I can tell, she can't afford shoes for you either!" <everyone laughs>

So then he goes back to asking where people are from and someone says "Scarborough". "Scarborough?" the comedian asks. The guy says "Yes, it's right outside Toronto; I want to live in Toronto too but I can't afford it yet" The comedian says "Well hell! You have to sell all your damn shoes first!"

I wanted to crawl out of there and quick!

I just got back from a cruise on the Norwegian Sky, and saw Quest for the first time.. I have never laughed so hard in my life! It's an adult scavenger hunt basically where you have to bring up items like a womans purse, someone's dentures, a woman's bra.. etc. I couldn't believe how many women went up themselves for the topless quest! (Mind you I have all this on video.. and I'm not the only one who was filming the whole thing!)

The funniest part of this was the quest for "a man with no pants or shorts on". (Meaning only wearing underwear). It truly showed how many people have selective hearing.. some of the guys ran on stage and dropped their pants... AND underwear giving EVERYONE in the room a show! Truly insane! (yep, that's on video too!!!!!)

This may be one of the strangest things I've ever seen anywhere. It was on Celebrity Constellation in the Cirque de Soleil nightclub. They had 'creatures' come out and do interaction things with the audience. One was a turtle like creature with lights that would reflect her 'emotions'. She liked to take things from people and give them to other people. She would dance a bit and get very upset if you tried to give something back.

She walked up to one man looking for something to take from him and ...HE TOOK OFF HIS LEG!!!! and handed it to the turtle. She didn't miss a beat, walked onto the stage and did a 3 legged dance with the prosthetic which was a knee to foot type. (her own 2 legs plus the extra). We almost fell off our seats! The no leg guy was doubled over in laughter watching all of this. Totally bizarre!

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....:D

Too funny........................:):D:)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I won't say this is the "wildest craziest" but we met up with this family with a very miserable little girl on the first excursion we took at our first port, after that we kept running into them all week, every time we saw them she would be crying and asking when they were going home. I learned her name very quickly, "Sasha," to put it mildly Sasha was NOT a happy crusier. Perhaps this family needs to pick another vacation or else leave Sasha with the grandparents. They had to be miserable, as much as she cried.

I felt so sorry for this poor little girl.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to jump in on this one.. I was in the gym on the treadmill when this

woman (I'm guessing in her late 60's) got on the treadmill next to me.

She had her cruisewear and shoes on with a glass of wine in her hand.

She obviously had a buzz on and decided to "have a workout".

Next thing I knew, she was pressing the accelleration button rapidly and it looked like something out of a cartoon. Her legs obviously couldn't keep up and she was shot across the floor. I was horrified and couldn't believe what I just saw.

FYI I did try and help her by stopping my machine, but it all happened so

fast there was nothing I could do.:eek:

She ended up with a scrape on her face and was very sore throughout the week.

This one isn't near as funny as some I've just read, but I thought I would share. My first cruise was on the Caribbean Princess and one of the sea days I decided to take a walk around the Promenade deck. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got around to the aft side of the ship and saw an older gentleman standing near the very center with his fishing pole. He had a line out and was literally fishing off the back of a cruise ship traveling at full-speed!

• 2 weeks later...
I have to jump in on this one.. I was in the gym on the treadmill when this

woman (I'm guessing in her late 60's) got on the treadmill next to me.

She had her cruisewear and shoes on with a glass of wine in her hand.

She obviously had a buzz on and decided to "have a workout".

Next thing I knew, she was pressing the accelleration button rapidly and it looked like something out of a cartoon. Her legs obviously couldn't keep up and she was shot across the floor. I was horrified and couldn't believe what I just saw.

FYI I did try and help her by stopping my machine, but it all happened so

fast there was nothing I could do.:eek:

She ended up with a scrape on her face and was very sore throughout the week.

LOL:D I fell off my chair in laughter...goodtimes.

Originally Posted by Tuna

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....

This was posted in 2004 and is still gut wrenching funny!! I laughed out loud Tuna... keep it up.

Originally Posted by Tuna

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....

This was posted in 2004 and is still gut wrenching funny!! I laughed out loud Tuna... keep it up.

sorry-but it is not funny to me-perhaps you left out a line????????

I just got back from a cruise on the Norwegian Sky, and saw Quest for the first time.. I have never laughed so hard in my life! ... funnniest part of this was the quest for "a man with no pants or shorts on".

On our last cruise, part of our group decided to be a Quest team. We knew they were going to ask for a guy to take off his pants. Since all of our men were older and didn't want to drop their pants, we recruited a young, buff guy. Imagine our surprise, when he dropped his pants and he was commando! :eek: He wasn't too concerned and neither was his wife.

BTW, we did win first prize.

Have a great weekend,

Margit

Ok, my 2 cents: last time I went on a cruise (2004 in the AOTS), I finished dinner with my wife, and as we left the restaurant, she decided to go to the bathroom to check her makeup. So, I wait for her leaning on rail, next to the elevators. I notice this teenage/ early 20s girl, which I had seen all week long at the disco, getting into the elevator with a *very* short skirt. I notice two gentlemen next to me talking about it, and wondering the same thing as me: what if the elevator goes up?

And up it went, giving almost everyone a free upskirt show... we looked at each other and began laughing like crazy! My wife never knew what we were laughing about when she returned...

Ok, my 2 cents: last time I went on a cruise (2004 in the AOTS), I finished dinner with my wife, and as we left the restaurant, she decided to go to the bathroom to check her makeup. So, I wait for her leaning on rail, next to the elevators. I notice this teenage/ early 20s girl, which I had seen all week long at the disco, getting into the elevator with a *very* short skirt. I notice two gentlemen next to me talking about it, and wondering the same thing as me: what if the elevator goes up?

And up it went, giving almost everyone a free upskirt show... we looked at each other and began laughing like crazy! My wife never knew what we were laughing about when she returned...

• 1 month later...

OMGosh I am not sure I have laughed this hard in the last year. Thank you all for your great stories. I havent been on my first cruise yet (August 24th ;) ) However I have spent some time in Key West and Summer of 07 I watched the Disney Cruise pull away to none other than the titanic tune. My stepmom and I laughed pretty hard and both proclaimed we probably would have wanted off the boat on that note.