PG Vow Renewal-Is it worth $500?

Kamfish642

PG offers a $500 vow renewal package. Can anyone describe what this includes?

I believe that I have read that a general anniversary ceremony is conducted at no extra charge. Is this true, and is so is the $500 ceremony worht the cost?

countdown.pl?name=Kamfish642&date=5-9-2009ℑ=Beach-10&text=&ship=Paul Gauguin

The anniversary ceremony is very nice and does not cost a thing. It is very special since there are couples ranging from newlyweds to 50+ years. They wrap a ceremonial blanket around you and place beautiful floweres on your head with the Bora Bora sunset behind you. It makes for a nice picture and moment. Not sure that you would want to do something else as well...

It is/was a lovely ceremony. Does anyone know if they are still doing the ceremony? They would have to bring in a special photographer since photographers have been removed from all ships. Perhaps they do the ceremony and just let people take photographs:confused:

We attended a renewal ceremony for a couple, conducted by the captain, on the upper deck in March 07. It was beautiful! We were also onboard last October and concidentally the "mass" anniversary celebration fell on our actual 24th anniversary. Lovely, but it's not really a renewal ceremony. They just wrap you in the blanket, put the flowers on your head, photos are taken and then cake and champagne are served to all couples.

We will be onboard for the 10/3 10-day sailing this October, but this time will be our 25th anniversary and I can tell you that we DO plan to pay the $500 for the captain to renew our vows in a personalized ceremony.

Here is what is included in both the "Anniversary" and "Renewal of Vows" ceremonies.

ANNIVERSARY

Congratulations letter from

the Captain

Rose petal turndown service

Veuve Clicquot champagne

One 8” x 10” photograph

Anniversary cake

Box of Leonidas chocolates

$250.00

RENEWAL OF VOWS

Congratulations letter from

the Captain

Veuve Clicquot champagne

One 8” x 10” photograph

Reception cake

Box of Leonidas chocolates

Renewal of Vows ceremony

conducted by Captain and

Cruise Director

Posy of flowers

$500.00

When we were on the PG in 2007, they did a marriage blessing, not renewal.. It was the one previously described with the blanket, flowers, etc. They took a beautiful picture and gave it to us along with the words from the blessing. We framed them and get quite a few comments on it. There was no cost

So, ..., I do wonder how they will manage the photo with no photographer.

We've never done the renewal of vows, but have dropped in on the anniversary/honeymooner party a couple of times. It's nice, if you like that sort of thing.

Not sure I could keep a straight face with Captain Zupan presiding over a vow renewal. He is a charming, rather rakish character, and quite funny.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the PG back in Fall '06 and the lovely couple next to us celebrated their 50th anniversary with a private ceremony on Motu Mahana. They invited us to watch, and it was just gorgeous. A private spot of beach overlooking Taha'a and the lagoon, with the captain renewing their vows, one of the Polynesian hostesses playing her guitar and singing softly, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, flower crowns, ceremonial blanket, the whole deal. I have no idea how much they paid for it, but I already know that I'm keeping it in mind for a special anniversary in the future!

Probably worth contacting Regents to find out if this is the $500 package. IMO, if that ceremony I witnessed cost $500, it was well-spent.

Celebrating our 40th Anniversary on the PG in August - With no resident photographer on the PG - who takes pictures of the Anniversary ceremonies?

Linda :-)

On the May 9 (7-day) cruise, I suprised my wife with a vow renewal for our tenth anniversary. We were given the option of having the ceremony on the bridge or at the private Taha'a motu. No brainer; we chose motu.

The ceremony included the vow renewal performed by the Captain, a beautiful poem by the Cruise Director, and music by the Les Gauguines (2). It was conducted on an secluded area on the motu, which was decorated in Polynesian fashion by the Les Gauguines, and included champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, as well a deluxe box of chocolates back in our stateroom. There was a cruise photographer on the PG, who was present to photograph the event. Of course my wife cried (big brownie points).

By the way, I asked her to marry my again the first night of cruise with a black pearl pendant I purchased on board (extra big brownie points)!

The Social Director was extremely helpful in planning and arranging for ceremony. (P.S. The best Cruise Director and Social Director we have ever had on ANY cruise line.)

Guys -- This ceremony is well worth the $500. I know my wife and our marriage is!

Wow that sounds wonderful! The last time my husband and I renewed our vows, we did it in Vegas with Elvis officiating. I carried a "lovely" silk cascade bouquet, and Elvis sang to us.

This year we are celebrating our 40th - hard to top Elvis, but I think the motu might do it.

Linda :-)

Archived