Friends want to go on Freedom for 500.00 pp?

Our good friends want to travel on the RCCL Freedom on May 31st. Is there a way that they can get on board for port charges and taxes to go for 500.00 pp? IS there a last minute thing that they can do? I heard from they said last year they went on a 7 day cruise that I paid well over 800.00 pp they got it for 400.00 pp cause they waited till the last two weeks before. We did see them on the ship, but they pushed it into our faces that we paid too much. Our cabin was the balcony on the Mariner and they slept in the Rivera deck to the bottom.

What can that be is that true?

Red>

Our good friends want to travel on the RCCL Freedom on May 31st. Is there a way that they can get on board for port charges and taxes to go for 500.00 pp? IS there a last minute thing that they can do? I heard from they said last year they went on a 7 day cruise that I paid well over 800.00 pp they got it for 400.00 pp cause they waited till the last two weeks before. We did see them on the ship, but they pushed it into our faces that we paid too much. Our cabin was the balcony on the Mariner and they slept in the Rivera deck to the bottom.

What can that be is that true?

Red>

Revealing what you paid for anything, including cruises ... is kinda like talking religion and politics. It gets ugly. And rubbing your nose in it isn't particularly friendly ... especially from good friends. Did you at least remind them you had better digs for your $$$?

The prices vary from week to week, depending on which sailing you're on. It's like airline tickets---no 2 people pay the same thing, for even the same type of cabin or the same itinerary.

When we book, we accept a price that WE can live with, otherwise, we don't book! If the price should go down (so far, that's never happened!!), then we'll ask for a reduction. But, whatever price we book at is ok, because if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't book it! That's really the only way to look at it!

They just need to keep checking prices--and if they really aren't locked into a time frame or itinerary, they may be able to get a great deal! Apparently, they don't care what kind of accomodations they have, so that bodes well for them having a cheap cruise.

Balcony cabins just cost a lot more than inside cabins - no matter when you book them. The price difference you quoted seems reasonable so I would stop fretting.

There are sometimes last minute cabins on sale, but they often have restrictions such as senior citizen or residency requirements and there is little choice of cabin.

Waiting to the last 2 weeks generally is not a good option because you get the worst of the worst cabins. We personally like inside cabins, but we like an upper deck. But, if you are prone to sea sickness an inside lower deck cabin may be preferable to an upper deck.

If I were you, I would check out the prices on all types of cabins on the cruise of your choice. You may find you can snag a good inside cabin on a midship deck that is to your liking. Also, read these boards and you will get plenty of advice on how to also get a guarantee cabin.

This is one of those things that you just won't know about until you get there.

I've tried several times to book last minute deals, even up until 3 days prior to the cruise and have always been told the same price as what booking in advance would be.

I've booked months in advance and watched the price escalate to where what we paid for a Junior Suite is what the last minute pax can only get the most lowly inside cabin for far more than we paid.

I'd not count on getting onboard for only taxes and port fees, I don't think that ever happens. But please come back and tell us if they are successful.

You know, I would rather pay $800 and have the balcony than to be in the bowels of the ship in an inside for $400. To each his own-but I do believe you got the "best" deal IMO. It is not often balconies are as cheap as $800 a person. Normally they are well over $1000 a person, even during prime hurricane season.

The prices vary from week to week, depending on which sailing you're on. It's like airline tickets---no 2 people pay the same thing, for even the same type of cabin or the same itinerary.

When we book, we accept a price that WE can live with, otherwise, we don't book! If the price should go down (so far, that's never happened!!), then we'll ask for a reduction. But, whatever price we book at is ok, because if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't book it! That's really the only way to look at it!

They just need to keep checking prices--and if they really aren't locked into a time frame or itinerary, they may be able to get a great deal! Apparently, they don't care what kind of accomodations they have, so that bodes well for them having a cheap cruise.

Our Freedom of the Seas dropped 3 times since we booked it 1 yr ago, so Instead of paying for promanade as we did for 1200.0 it dropped to 600.00 included portcharges and taxes,. so they wanted the rate after we got credit 3 times and they say its not fair that we got it less than them, they are old old seniors who have more money that god will ever have

I hate to say it but your "friends" sound like not so nice people. In the future if I were you, I would NOT tell them what I paid.

I just have to say that I would tell them what I paid...but I would tell them it was half of what I paid for it!:rolleyes: Then sit back and watch them try and find as good of a deal and let them know that only really good vacation planners can get good deals! :p

Balcony cabins just cost a lot more than inside cabins - no matter when you book them. The price difference you quoted seems reasonable so I would stop fretting.

There are sometimes last minute cabins on sale, but they often have restrictions such as senior citizen or residency requirements and there is little choice of cabin.

Waiting to the last 2 weeks generally is not a good option because you get the worst of the worst cabins. We personally like inside cabins, but we like an upper deck. But, if you are prone to sea sickness an inside lower deck cabin may be preferable to an upper deck.

If I were you, I would check out the prices on all types of cabins on the cruise of your choice. You may find you can snag a good inside cabin on a midship deck that is to your liking. Also, read these boards and you will get plenty of advice on how to also get a guarantee cabin.

we did a friday booking for a sunday sail this january and did not get a fabulous deal. it was OK, but the ship choices and cabin choices were extremely limited. as we drove up to the ship i saw the Soltice and realized i had seen a deal on this exact sailing for a balcony at the same price we paid for an inside

• 2 weeks later...
Revealing what you paid for anything, including cruises ... is kinda like talking religion and politics. It gets ugly. And rubbing your nose in it isn't particularly friendly ... especially from good friends. Did you at least remind them you had better digs for your $$$?

I did not dig my nose into anything they asked us what we originally paid we told them it was 1900.00 pp. Then it dropped the price down to 350.00 then it dropped again 200.00 and the we got another discount. so we paid intinally 700.00 pp for our cruise and that was with the tax and fuel, port charges .

So I am not pushing my nose into them, they wanted to know how they can get this same cruise for the same price, they only wanted to pay 500.00 for the entire thing including the port charges, and taxes. I told them they needed to book when we did. they said No they can do it and get it so now they are going to sit home and not go> So i am not pushing my nose into them, just can not understand why they thought that they had the same rights we had to get the cruise at the same rate we paid, we booked ours quite along time ago.

We told them that we had an agent who is working with us, she did not want to use the same agent, they said they had someone else better so here is the proof now they stay at home.

Red:confused:

I hate to say it but your "friends" sound like not so nice people. In the future if I were you, I would NOT tell them what I paid.

Exactly, they are friends of DH they want deals and when they went on a cruise with the church they complained once they got on that it was too much to pay for a 7 day to jamaica for just 450.00 pp on the riveria deck, and We paid little more and got a better balcony and they complained all the time. i told DH not to book anything with them, I was fed up. We went with the entire church group we all had to sit together and they complained that I did not eat my vegetables. I said one more complaint I was going to deck her. I told her the truth, she thinks that she and her old man hubby can control everyone on these cruises

Archived