purchase of transfers onboard Navigator

Traveling on the Navigator 9/4/09 Monte carlo to Athens. I have opted for air deviation and therefore lose transfers pre- and post-cruise. I read in the Regent brochure that post-cruise transfers may be purchased once one is on board but neither TA nor Regent can quote the cost. Has anyone purchased transfers on board or does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you for your response(s)!

We do our own transportation; however, I do recall seeing the offer of buying your transport to the airport from Regent after debarkation made while on the cruise. We have found it less expensive to do our own transport/lodging pre and post cruise.

I too would be interested in RSSC transportation from the ship to Athens airport.

Specifically I would be curious as to the length of time required from docking to the airport and the approximate cost. I have a noon flight and trust that I will make that in time with a scheduled 8 am arrival at Piraeus.

I assume (hope!) that there are not the long holdups with immigration one experiences docking at FLL. It is infuriating to sit/stand around the ship (RSSC and others) for hours at FLL while the immigration folk do whatever they do to clear the ship.

Thanks.

We use Regent air and opt for the air deviation so that we can choose our flights. As we spend additional time pre-cruise and do not book our hotel through Regent, we lose the pre-cruise transfer. We have always kept the transfer post-cruise as we go to the airport from the ship (so it is not considered a deviation). We have never had to purchase separate transfers to use the service. We used the Regent transfer in December, 2008, so unless Regent has recently changed its policy, and/or you are not planning on going to the airport from the ship, your post cruise transfer should be covered. Have your agent check with Regent.

Mariners is right. If you use Regent Air, but only deviate at one end, you only lose that transfer.

To the other poster, you should have enough time to get to the airport from Piraeus. There isn't any immigration there that I remember, and if you're coming from another EU port, then disembarking will be seamless. Sorry, don't know what the transfer would cost, I think you have to wait until you are on board. I'm assuming that there would be plenty of people with the Regent air package being bussed to the airport early as well.

The alternative is to book a private driver in advance, and there's plenty of advice about that around on these boards.

You will probably be given an option to purchase while onboard for the disembarkation day (although they should be included if you are going directly to the airport) only, but the transfers are usually extremely pricey. I have used onboard credits when I have no other option, but if I were you I would explore options before boarding. Once you have the pricing, you can always use the internet to arrange another form of transfer.

Archived