Possible group cruise B2B - Part 1 - Miracle - January 30, 2011

Luckysll

Found out the Splendor will be here in Victoria tomorrow afternoon. I'll go down and take some pictures.

Also, I found out the reason the cradle for my camera wasn't working is that I'd plugged it into the wrong port on the back of my hard drive. :o Well, duh.......guess I should have asked my 10 year old grandson (or even my 8 year old granddaughter) for help, they'd have figured it out!

Karen, you just need to go to user CP (upper left corner) below the CC logo and click on that...it should show you all the threads you have posted on. Wa La....you just click on the one you want to read. No searching.

Try it!

I have just saved the page to my favorites. When we get to an new page I save it and delet the old one.:)

Just sent off a quick email to Laura asking for any info on what's happening with our request for official status. Will let you know when I hear something.

Thanks Sandy!

Hey we are "slip slidding away"... ( me singing) where is everyone? Don't forget to check in on the 2nd half of the b2b! It sure is quiet over there;)

Robin

Sandy, any news yet?? Gosh I need to add another ticker to my sigy. Looking empty there.

Nothing. I did send a second email, but I don't know if Laura is just really busy or isn't back on the boards yet. I will send another email in a couple of days.

I'm anxious to get this booked, too. Can never have too many tickers, right?? :D

OOOOHH, I am getting antsy. Come on with the official status. I don't feel safe about a cruise until I get my deposit in.:p

I know what you mean. Unfortunately, since I've never organized a group cruise before, I don't know if this wait is the norm or not. And I just don't know how much to push Laura on this. I know the email I got back after my first request said something to the effect that emails are answered in the order received, but that doesn't tell me whether or not she's really busy or what.

I hope we hear soon.

Haven't heard back from Laura yet, but there are several groups looking to be official, so Laura is probably quite busy. I'll send another email out, but I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more.

Of course, you know, good things come to those who wait. :D

So......in the meantime......let's keep this thread front and center with some chatter.

And, how about a name for our group? Here are the ones mentioned so far:

Panamaniacs Miracle Boomerang

Panamanics B2B Boomerang Miracle

Panamaniacs B2 the Caribbean (the seas will never be the same)

The Miraculous Panamaniacs

Panamaniacs II: Miracles Happen

Miracle Maniacs

Back-to-back Maniacs

Any other suggestions? Or should we vote on them now?

Haven't heard back from Laura yet, but there are several groups looking to be official, so Laura is probably quite busy. I'll send another email out, but I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more.

Of course, you know, good things come to those who wait. :D

So......in the meantime......let's keep this thread front and center with some chatter.

And, how about a name for our group? Here are the ones mentioned so far:

Panamaniacs Miracle Boomerang

Panamanics B2B Boomerang Miracle

Panamaniacs B2 the Caribbean (the seas will never be the same)

The Miraculous Panamaniacs

Panamaniacs II: Miracles Happen

Miracle Maniacs

Back-to-back Maniacs

Any other suggestions? Or should we vote on them now?

I vote for Miracle Maniacs. I think that covers it all....the old Panamaniacs reuniting on these sailings and the new, never cruised with the Panamaniacs group.

Part 1 of the B2B could be the Miracle Maniacs and part 2 could be the Miracle Maniacs do it again.

Sandy, just MHO, but, there are only a handfull of Panamaniacs vs the total number of possible cruisers out there for this sailing. I know this will be a reunion cruise for the Panamaniacs but don't you think that by putting Panamaniacs in the name of the group that it will deter people from posting.......they may feel left out, shut out, slighted, whatever.

I think that we should come up with something new for the group and the Panamaniac people could add something to their sigy after the group name like, "One of the original "Pana"maniacs" or A "Pana"maniac Reunion for me.

Or, maybe not.....I don't always come up with the best of ideas. Like I said, just MHO.

I vote for Miracle Maniacs. I think that covers it all....the old Panamaniacs reuniting on these sailings and the new, never cruised with the Panamaniacs group.

Part 1 of the B2B could be the Miracle Maniacs and part 2 could be the Miracle Maniacs do it again.

Sandy, just MHO, but, there are only a handfull of Panamaniacs vs the total number of possible cruisers out there for this sailing. I know this will be a reunion cruise for the Panamaniacs but don't you think that by putting Panamaniacs in the name of the group that it will deter people from posting.......they may feel left out, shut out, slighted, whatever.

I think that we should come up with something new for the group and the Panamaniac people could add something to their sigy after the group name like, "One of the original "Pana"maniacs" or A "Pana"maniac Reunion for me.

Or, maybe not.....I don't always come up with the best of ideas. Like I said, just MHO.

I know what you're saying. A lot of the other group cruises are groups that have cruised together before...I'm thinking "Saints and Sinners" or even the one I was doing previously tHat was "Cupids II". Don't know if that puts people off joining in or not.

I'm fine with coming up with another name. There is another possible Miracle group cruise and they suggested Miracle Maniacs and someone said it has been done, but, hey, I don't think there's a copyright on group names :D. In fact, in the Floataway Lounge threads, there's another group called the Panamaniacs, so we even have to share. :D

I also found there was a previous B2B official group and they had both parts on one thread, so I guess that's also something we can do rather than have two separate threads. We'll just have to make sure that we make sure that any activities are clear as to which cruise they relate to.

I know what you're saying. A lot of the other group cruises are groups that have cruised together before...I'm thinking "Saints and Sinners" or even the one I was doing previously tHat was "Cupids II". Don't know if that puts people off joining in or not.

I'm fine with coming up with another name. There is another possible Miracle group cruise and they suggested Miracle Maniacs and someone said it has been done, but, hey, I don't think there's a copyright on group names :D. In fact, in the Floataway Lounge threads, there's another group called the Panamaniacs, so we even have to share. :D

I also found there was a previous B2B official group and they had both parts on one thread, so I guess that's also something we can do rather than have two separate threads. We'll just have to make sure that we make sure that any activities are clear as to which cruise they relate to.

You are so right Sandy, no trademark on cruise group names! And, you are right, there are cruise groups that carry the same name and make it II or part 3 and such.

I just go with the flow and since I am not good at coming up with catchy names I will leave that to the rest of you. :)

Good Evening Ladies,

Just adding my $.02. Lynn, I agree with you and like the name Miracle Maniacs or one my dtr mentioned, Hysterical Miracle. It just seems better to downplay the Panamaniacs. We know who we are and will put our imprint on whatever activities we get started. I have to tell you that I was considering a couple of different cruises when we got back, checked out the roll calls and was amazed at how close these folks appeared to be. I definetly felt like an outsider and began to realize just how intimidating our roll call really must have been to people who joined late. Don't want this one to start out that way. JMHO, and like Lynn, it often doesn't matter for beans.

BTW, were your ears burning tonight Lynn? Heard some mighty nice things about you and Dennis and even added my own.

Good Evening Ladies,

Just adding my $.02. Lynn, I agree with you and like the name Miracle Maniacs or one my dtr mentioned, Hysterical Miracle. It just seems better to downplay the Panamaniacs. We know who we are and will put our imprint on whatever activities we get started. I have to tell you that I was considering a couple of different cruises when we got back, checked out the roll calls and was amazed at how close these folks appeared to be. I definetly felt like an outsider and began to realize just how intimidating our roll call really must have been to people who joined late. Don't want this one to start out that way. JMHO, and like Lynn, it often doesn't matter for beans.

BTW, were your ears burning tonight Lynn? Heard some mighty nice things about you and Dennis and even added my own.

I'm starting to think the Miracle Maniacs is going to be our group name. :D

Wasn't the Panamaniacs' motto "Crazy is as crazy does?" Still fits with the Miracle Maniacs! :D

Good Evening Ladies,

Me??? Who would be silly enough to say anything nice about me?? Must not know me very well......;)

I'm starting to think the Miracle Maniacs is going to be our group name. :D

Wasn't the Panamaniacs' motto "Crazy is as crazy does?" Still fits with the Miracle Maniacs! :D

I like it Sandy! I can even envision the shirts! Do you suppose we can talk Sherm into helping out here? He did such a great job on our last shirt. Yep, Miracle Maniacs, nice ring to it...even shortened to the MM's. Now I really can envison that Logo!

I like the Miracle Maniacs.

If we just keep the theam of Maniacs it might work no matter what ship we are on.

I also like the idea of having both parts of the B2B on the same thread.

Talk about small world. I am chatting on the Alaska roll call for Sep. 9th. A lady comes on and I ask her if it is her first Alaska cruise. She says no they cruise about 3 years ago the last cruise of the year and had great weather. I tell her we were on an Alaska cruise in 2003 the last one of September. She comes back and says that is the same cruise they were on. Then I ask her where is she from and that I am from Alberta Canada. She comes back and says she is form Edmonton Alberta. The I tell her we will be celebrating our 23 anniversary on this cruise. She tells me they also will be celebrating their 23 anniversary too.

So in 2003 we were both on the same cruise celebrating our 20th anniversary and both from Alberta and did not even know it.

Talk about small world. I am chatting on the Alaska roll call for Sep. 9th. A lady comes on and I ask her if it is her first Alaska cruise. She says no they cruise about 3 years ago the last cruise of the year and had great weather. I tell her we were on an Alaska cruise in 2003 the last one of September. She comes back and says that is the same cruise they were on. Then I ask her where is she from and that I am from Alberta Canada. She comes back and says she is form Edmonton Alberta. The I tell her we will be celebrating our 23 anniversary on this cruise. She tells me they also will be celebrating their 23 anniversary too.

So in 2003 we were both on the same cruise celebrating our 20th anniversary and both from Alberta and did not even know it.

Small world, indeed! You should post this on the thread about "Small World Cruising".

The Alaska cruise is fun because I'm getting off the Spirit as you get on and as you get off, Ann and Gale get on for the sailing to Hawaii. Maybe we should try to leave notes for each other somewhere on the ship. :D

And, it looks like it will only be me and my two friends on the cruise. My daughter and son-in-law are pretty financially strapped right now and even though I'm paying for the cruise, they just do not have the money for passports, excursions, on board stuff, etc., so we may have to postpone this trip for a couple of years. Also, my Dad probably won't be going either. Too bad, but it's just the way things happen. I'll still have a great time with my friends, just won't seem the same without the others.

Small world, indeed! You should post this on the thread about "Small World Cruising".

The Alaska cruise is fun because I'm getting off the Spirit as you get on and as you get off, Ann and Gale get on for the sailing to Hawaii. Maybe we should try to leave notes for each other somewhere on the ship. :D

And, it looks like it will only be me and my two friends on the cruise. My daughter and son-in-law are pretty financially strapped right now and even though I'm paying for the cruise, they just do not have the money for passports, excursions, on board stuff, etc., so we may have to postpone this trip for a couple of years. Also, my Dad probably won't be going either. Too bad, but it's just the way things happen. I'll still have a great time with my friends, just won't seem the same without the others.

Was just talking to Mickey on facebook and he said he might be going on the Alaska cruise with us. I told him to let me know, because if he is going to be on it I will take Tony then.

Maybe in the Liberary. Sandy if you have a book that you could leave in there then we just have to look for the book then we could find the note and have a light book to read.:D

This cruise is dropping way too far back!! Come on people.....join the Miracle Maniacs for a fun time!

Do either the full B2B or just one week.....the more the merrier. I've emailed Laura and we're just waiting for approval to be an official group. Here's the itinerary for both cruises. It's never too early to plan a cruise. :D

Part 1 – 8 day Southern Caribbean on January 30, 2011

Jan. 31 - at sea

Feb. 1 - at sea

Feb. 2 - St. Maarten

Feb. 3 - St. Lucia

Feb. 4 - St. Kitts

Feb. 5 - at sea

Feb. 6 - at sea

Part 2 - 8 day Western Caribbean on February 7, 2011

Feb. 8 - at sea

Feb. 9 - at sea

Feb. 10 - Colon, Panama

Feb. 11 - Limon, Costa Rica

Feb. 12 - at sea

Feb. 13 – Belize

Feb. 14 - at sea

Maybe in the Liberary. Sandy if you have a book that you could leave in there then we just have to look for the book then we could find the note and have a light book to read.:D

I like this idea! Guess it tells me which area I need to check out first! I was thinking, "Well, I could leave a book after the 24th for Sandy to find adn then jsut reclaim it." Duh, wrong ship! Thought you guys might enjoy this picture that I took this afternoon of the T'shirts we'll be wearing on our upcoming cruise. Hope it comes through.

mexinots.jpg.752921b362a43511f6d31cca40fbacd3.jpg

I like this idea! Guess it tells me which area I need to check out first! I was thinking, "Well, I could leave a book after the 24th for Sandy to find adn then jsut reclaim it." Duh, wrong ship!

Well, that will teach you to have so many cruises booked!! :D:p

Archived