Princess Dispatch Department Trip Deviation

Embracedbylife

Does anyone have experience in requesting a deviation on their cruise? We asked to disembark one stop early on our June 15 cruise return from copenhagen. Planning to disembark in Oslo one day early. They said it is something they have requests on often, but we have to have it officially approved. We faxed the request to the Dispatch Department. Anyone know if this approval is given often?

Thanks! I got an early reply from Princess after calling customer service they reached out to dispatch for me and then someone called me back. Apparently the request goes from dispatch to the actual ship! They approved our deviation and i'm soooo happy they did because I booked our flight yesterday and if I didnt' get it approved I'd have to change my flight. So for anyone else thinking of doing this, make sure you get the approval before booking your flight!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

it's a fax number you need, dispatch, at lest to my knowledge, doesn't have a phone nymber for the public; call rincess and they can give you the fax--we have used it twice; got off one night early in tahiti, and we were going to get on one day light in the caribbea, but ended up not needing to-good luck-grams98

Does anyone have this number. I'm waitlisted for a cruise that is less than 30 days from now and no information from them.
Whether or not you receive approval depends on the port. There are some ports that are not equipped to handle Immigration for passengers (or crew/entertainers) disembarking the ship.

• 1 month later...

2 years ago on a med cruise my daughter and boyfriend had to disembark a day early in Naples (instead of with us in Rome the next day) as my daughter was starting a new job the next day.

I just booked the flight before we went and then when got on board informed them that they were getting of in Naples

There was no problem with it - In Naples they just had to get of the ship with there cases as normal and give in there cruise card as they got of

we got of with them see them into their taxi and then got back on board.

That was all there was to it - nothing special and no problems

Tina

2 years ago on a med cruise my daughter and boyfriend had to disembark a day early in Naples (instead of with us in Rome the next day) as my daughter was starting a new job the next day.

I just booked the flight before we went and then when got on board informed them that they were getting of in Naples

There was no problem with it - In Naples they just had to get of the ship with there cases as normal and give in there cruise card as they got of

we got of with them see them into their taxi and then got back on board.

That was all there was to it - nothing special and no problems

Tina

Not checking into this before the cruise and getting it approved, could have brought problems for you. It is good that there was no problem.

HI

I didnt even think about that I needed to have approval to leave the ship early.

We had no choice but to cut my daughters holiday short.

We were booked on flights with princess and so then had to pay extra for 2 flights back home.

It was her first job after leaving college and the start date was the date we left the ship - so to ensure that she got the job she just cut short the holiday by a day.

I just assumed (maybe shouldnt have done) that there would be no problem with her getting of.

Which there wasnt - we just had to tell them and they shut down there account and I told the steward who knew they wouldnt be there for the last night

Tina

I'm always happy when things work out for people, but I'd be afraid the ship would have to skip the port for some reason. You'd be on your own then. We have missed ports on cruises. And I remember a thread before our first cruise to Alaska where the ship skipped Victoria and a large number of passengers in a wedding party had been scheduled to disembark there. They weren't happy at missing the port and having to pay to go to Victoria a day late.

I must admit it was always on my mind that for some reason we wouldnt dock in Naples. and did breathe a sigh of relief when we had docked

My daughter got her flight started her first job in London the next day and 2 yrs later is still working there

Tina:)

Depending on the country, there could be fines levied against the cruiseline and the passenger.

Archived